ILSnwdog

Do You Shop At Wal*Mart?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Shop At Wal*Mart?

• Yes - I love Wal*Mart!
    • Yes - But only if I have to
    • Rarely
    • Never - It's Target or nothing

Here we see a young Sheldon Cooper advantageously located to see up unsuspecting women's skirts.

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2319.jpg

In WalMart? He'd have been blinded for life! Or wished he was. (As it is he's severely visually impaired, but that's from other activity).

Here we see a young Sheldon Cooper advantageously located to see up unsuspecting women's skirts.

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2319.jpg

In WalMart? He'd have been blinded for life! Or wished he was. (As it is he's severely visually impaired, but that's from other activity).

I am beginning to believe that to be an old wives tale. Even at my age my eyesight is still pretty darn good.... :D

:eh:

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2247.jpg

Sadly, my first thought was, "oh, a fellow colitis sufferer." When we're mid-flare, we do not leave the house without having a spare pair of pants/undergarments.

Happened to me in a Big Lots once, a couple of years ago. :( But unlike the people in some of these pictures, I did not resume shopping after. I just went home and stood under scalding hot water for several hours.

(I am in remission now and may safely leave the house without fear of exploding guts).

Edited by Mara

HO-HO-HO!

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2314.jpg

This made me laugh out loud! :LOL:

Sweet. :cheers: That's my goal. :)
  • Like 3

HO-HO-HO!

You are doing great. Keep it coming.... :)
  • Like 1

I'd only go if I could go with Mara.

:hail:

Don't forget your extra pair of pants. :LOL:

I'm safe now! Promise. :D

• Like 1

Honest?? Or are you full of shit?

:LOL:

I do refer to colitis as "a bloody load of shit." Gallows humor of a sort. Mine's quite mild in comparison to other sufferers. I once joined a forum for people with Crohn's and UC but didn't stay active long - most of those people were just so sick and I couldn't relate.

Really, nothing makes me hate my body more than being in mid-flare. I find human waste to be pretty much the most revolting, vile substance on the planet anyway (good thing I never had babies), so I can barely deal when colitis is acting up. I have no idea how people with colostomies manage - I think I'd die of disgust and embarrassment. Fortunately I am nowhere near getting that bad off. Plus we finally found the Miracle Drug that sent me right into remission within a couple of weeks.

I do refer to colitis as "a bloody load of shit." Gallows humor of a sort. Mine's quite mild in comparison to other sufferers. I once joined a forum for people with Crohn's and UC but didn't stay active long - most of those people were just so sick and I couldn't relate.

Really, nothing makes me hate my body more than being in mid-flare. I find human waste to be pretty much the most revolting, vile substance on the planet anyway (good thing I never had babies), so I can barely deal when colitis is acting up. I have no idea how people with colostomies manage - I think I'd die of disgust and embarrassment. Fortunately I am nowhere near getting that bad off. Plus we finally found the Miracle Drug that sent me right into remission within a couple of weeks.

My sister in law died from it in her early forties. She had a bag for years and was "fine". The doctors gave her hope to be "normal" again, put her back together and she was dead in less than a year. The saddest thing I have ever witnessed....

Edit: Apologies for bringing "down" the conversation. Carry on folks.... :)

Edited by Narpski

My wife's best friend had some thing like colitis. It was so severe, the doctors gave her a bionic anus. Edited by ILSnwdog

My wife's best friend had some thing like colitis. It was so severe, the doctors gave her a bionic anus.

There's some kind of surgery for people who have to have their colon removed - they can create a new one using loops of small intestine. I am hoping I never get there (and most people with ulcerative colitis do not) but it's got to beat lugging a bag of your own waste around all the time.

(I admit I've used it occasionally as an excuse to get out of things I don't want to do. Not up for a two hour round trip to visit the in-laws? Handy excuse. It's not one I abuse, though, because I'm scared karma might retaliate).

HO-HO-HO!

You are doing great. Keep it coming.... :)

:P

i only shop at walmart if i need bathroom stuff and makeup. and you guys have some funny captions, but i really don't think it's right for people to take and then post embarrassing pictures of other people on the internet without permission.
  • Like 3

i only shop at walmart if i need bathroom stuff and makeup. and you guys have some funny captions, but i really don't think it's right for people to take and then post embarrassing pictures of other people on the internet without permission.

You crap your pants in public and it's fair game!! :LOL: :P

• Like 2

You crap your pants in public and it's fair game!! :LOL: :P

And if you honestly think you, a 50-something year old man in a yellow frilly bustier, ass-hugger jorts, and copious amounts of body hair, look GOOD, you are fair game.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 3