Steven Wilson's 4th Solo Album

Union 5-3992

My Favs i would Start with are.

Stupid Dream

Lightbulb Sun

In Absentia

They're all more accessible. then albums prior, IMO

Mick

Ahhh...well then we have an answer to my problem. I started at the very beginning (a very good place to start...when you read you begin with ABC...When you sing you begin with do re mi...)

Flip sake I wanna see that movie now.

• Like 1

Stupid Dream

Lightbulb Sun

In Absentia

Mick

Ahhh...well then we have an answer to my problem. I started at the very beginning (a very good place to start...when you read you begin with ABC...When you sing you begin with do re mi...)

How do you solve a problem like Porcupine Tree. lol

Mick

Stupid Dream

Lightbulb Sun

In Absentia

Mick

Mick

How do tie her up and smack her down?

(not sure if that is how the song goes...)

• Like 1

Stupid Dream

Lightbulb Sun

In Absentia

Mick

Mick

How do you catch a cloud and pin it down.

your version was kinky-er though, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Stupid Dream

Lightbulb Sun

In Absentia

Mick

Mick

How do you catch a cloud and pin it down.

your version was kinky-er though, lol

Mick

Ooooo...

Wow...I was wrong.

I was singing that all innocently as well...

• Like 1

Wilson could be the truest purveyor of heavy metal working in music today!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

I would say Devin Townsend myself, because Wilson never strikes me as a metal musician.

I am starting to wonder if I just made up my memories of Porcupine Tree and his other stuff...

I would say Devin Townsend myself, because Wilson never strikes me as a metal musician.

I am starting to wonder if I just made up my memories of Porcupine Tree and his other stuff...

Try it again Segue. it really is great stuff...........however if you don't get it you don't get it.

Mick

Try it again Segue. it really is great stuff...........however if you don't get it you don't get it.

Mick

I had good intentions to play them...but....buuuuut....

Stupid Julie Andrews song got stuck in my head.

D'oh!

My distractions are getting more and more wussy lol!

• Like 1

Mick

D'oh!

You're just afraid you'll Segue and have to eat crow.........AGAIN, lol

Mick

Mick

D'oh!

You're just afraid you'll Segue and have to eat crow.........AGAIN, lol

Mick

Nah...I get real thrill from Seguing.

"How do you catch a clown and tie it down"

I swear...those nuns are feisty (i cannot hear the cloud bit...starting to wonder if the version I am playing might be a R rated version, or maybe I just need to clean my mind)

• Like 1

Hand Cannot Erase is pure brilliance.

I listend to it in 5.1 Saturday night (well medicated I may add) :smoke:

I am blown away with this masterpiece.

Home Invasion into Regret #9 into Transience into Ancstral may very well be one of the greatest recordings Wilson has ever layed down.

Pure mind numbing sonic prog brilliance.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 3

Hand Cannot Erase is pure brilliance.

I listend to it in 5.1 Saturday night (well medicated I may add) :smoke:

I am blown away with this masterpiece.

Home Invasion into Regret #9 into Transience into Ancstral may very well be one of the greatest recordings Wilson has ever layed down.

Pure mind numbing sonic prog brilliance.

It is indeed! In 5.1 and in altered states all the better, I concur!

I'm flying up to NYC 6 days after the R40 Tampa show to see SW - without Marco and Guthrie, but with some ringer fill-ins - should be excellent

• Like 1

You know I was quite disappointed that Marco and Guthrie would not be playing at the US shows that I am going to (3 weeks NYC!) I am a disciple of MM and love GG's playing - really enjoy Sw and The Aristocrats. HOWEVER, I listened to several shows from the European tour and found myself somewhat disappointed in GG's solo approach in several songs. He was not going for note for note nor even to hit the main vibe with some embellishment. Many of his solos were completely improvised live - and while I know he is a brilliant guitarist, they lacked the same emotional punch and development that the solos on the album had. Obviously, they had multiple takes and editing to achieve what SW and GG wanted in the studio. Live, the guy is a monster - but couldn't achieve the same magic with this approach. Thus, I am OK with having some very capable fill-ins - Craig Blundell is a monster player in his own right and Dave Kilminster may bring more of the Gilmour-esque melody back to the solos. Should be interesting to hear their influence to the overall vibe

• Like 1

Some setlist spoilers from SW's three night stand in Chile. Won't be surprised if the setlist from the latter two nights are going to be song swaps for the two nighters in NYC and Chicago.

The first night played the same as in Europe. Night two saw the inclusion of his cover of Alanis Morisette's Thank U in between Regret #9 and Lazarus. Night three had two new songs, the first being the live premiere of How Is Your Life Today in the main set and Trains preceding The Raven in the second encore.

• Like 1

i have not heard one note of Steve's solo work.....i plan to change it. but...........man i LOVE PT. SUCH AN AMAZING amazing BAND. i said before wonderful blend of the complex and accessible

Wonderful band. 2 months in i'm hooked.

WAKE UP SEGUE!!!!!!

Mick

I HAVE TRIED A GAZILLION TIMES SINCE I DISCOVERED THEM IN 2006!

Nothing clickity clicked with me.

I did really enjoy Fear Of A Blank Planet...Just remembered that as I type this...been years since I spun that.

Must go find...

I think it's hard for someone that got hooked with foabp to get into everything else. It takes some effort. I got foabp based on all the raving on this forum and was blown away even going to see them on that tour. I like everything else but it's dense and challenging. Best advice is headphones and lyrics.

So disappointed that the only music we have so far is of f*cking Perfect Life.

I deleted Perfect Life from my album, the only other time I've done this is with Hold Your Fire and Tai Shan / High Water..

So disappointed that the only music we have so far is of f*cking Perfect Life.

I deleted Perfect Life from my album, the only other time I've done this is with Hold Your Fire and Tai Shan / High Water..

Yeah that was a shitty release, but the rest of the album is really good. When I play it on vinyl, I use Perfect Life as a piss break until Routine starts

Edited by Union 5-3992