Steven Wilson's 4th Solo Album

Union 5-3992

Well Marco and Guthrie are touring under The Aristocrats in the spring, and Marco's also gonna be touring with Satriani at some point later in the year so the announcement of Marco not touring after the European leg wasn't surprising to me. Still, it manages to disappoint me like any other. I'll still go see the band live though, as it wouldn't matter who's in the band (every time I saw the SW it's been a different line-up one way or another)

Edit: Guthrie has just posted a statement regarding the matter

Greetings - GG here!

Just a quickie to address some recent enquiries...

Due to The Aristocrats' summer touring plans (coupled with the regrettable fact that all of my research in the challenging field of self-replication has thus far proved to be fruitless) alas I won't be able to join Steven Wilson for the forthcoming US dates of his 2015 tour.

Nonetheless, I can assure any concerned parties that my successor for these US dates will not disappoint you... I'm sure Steven will reveal more whenever he feels that the time is right

Edited by PolarizeMe

US leg of the tour has been announced.

Unfortunately, per Marco's facebook yesterday, both he and Guthrie will not be playing the US legs with SW..... :(

I feel disappointed on your behalf and slightly smug/relieved that I'm seeing him in Cardiff where Guthrie and Marco will be playing. I suppose that's the trade off you get when hiring freelance musicians - you gain artistic control but they have other commitments and may not always be available. I shall be interested to find out who is going to replace them on the US leg of the tour.

No Marco again. That really sucks. Last tour same thing. Except Chad couldnt do a date in philly and marco played the show. Thank goodness cause it was awesome. People who saw steven with Chad said it was just meh with musicianship. Hope he doesn't use Chad for the US dates. Just got tickets for the LA show today and now this. At least the music will be super cool. He should get gavin Harrison to play the US tour. That will really get people out to his shows! Gavin is just doing clinic stuff and some recording. He needs To get back out there. Let's cross fingers for gavin folks. I bet just out of spite he won't reach out to Gavin cause he's was in PT. Wants to be away from that vibe. Be awesome drumming for sure.

SW has announced that Guthrie and Marco will be replaced by Dave Kilminster and Craig Blundell respectively on the American leg of the tour. I'm not very familiar with either of them. Anyone have any thoughts?

SW has announced that Guthrie and Marco will be replaced by Dave Kilminster and Craig Blundell respectively on the American leg of the tour. I'm not very familiar with either of them. Anyone have any thoughts?

Not too familiar with either of them, other than what I know from what SW mentioned in the announcement. Weirdly enough, I saw SW on every solo tour and each time it's been with a different line-up. I know some people are turned off with the fact that Marco and Guthrie are taking a leave of absence after the European tour to the point that they won't bother seeing the SW band when they hit America. Kind of melodramatic on those fan's part, if you ask me.

If Dave and Craig are good enough by SW's standards to be in the band, then that means they're doing something right. I'm just glad SW's touring in America again and that I get to see him two nights in a row tbh.

Not too familiar with either of them, other than what I know from what SW mentioned in the announcement. Weirdly enough, I saw SW on every solo tour and each time it's been with a different line-up. I know some people are turned off with the fact that Marco and Guthrie are taking a leave of absence after the European tour to the point that they won't bother seeing the SW band when they hit America. Kind of melodramatic on those fan's part, if you ask me.

If Dave and Craig are good enough by SW's standards to be in the band, then that means they're doing something right. I'm just glad SW's touring in America again and that I get to see him two nights in a row tbh.

I'm not expecting him to top The Raven anyways. Though they were my favorite two members of his band, I'll still go because Steven's the main attraction. I'm guaranteed to get my $40 worth. That's not a bad price for 5th row even if he sucks

when's he gonna remix hemispheres :blaze:

As soon as he gets approval from the band. If there's someone that has to mix at least one Rush album in 5.1, it's got to be Steven Wilson, no exceptions!

Now that would be a great thing! I hope it happens!

When does the new SW album come out? Is there a limited edition version?

It comes out on 2nd or 3rd March. There is a limited edition version but I'm not sure if it has sold out.

I paid $50 each for 5th row tickets for both NYC shows (literally the same seat as well). Considering today's economy, that's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

You'll be 2 rows behind me on Friday night and I'll be the section behind you for Saturday night! $50 was a deal - but don't forget the $13 per ticket service charge on top of that....

I will admit, the thought crossed my mind not to fly to NYC to see these shows without Marco and Guthrie. Certainly SW got some great fill-ins; However, MM and GG are such unique players that they own those parts. I saw SW on the Raven tour with Chad Wackerman. I'm a drummer, and a Zappa fan, so I know what Chad is capable of. My impression was that it was an uncomfortable fit. I mean, Chad played fine - but he was always "Safe"; whereas Marco is always "on the edge". This energy is probably very subtle to some ears, but my drummer brain really missed that element. I suspect the same will be true of the guitar. We will get a very good solid version, but if these two musicians approach it like Chad did, it will feel a bit sterile and safe. Let's hope they are "broken in" with the band by the time they reach NYC and they take some risks! :D Any way you cut it, it is still Steven Wilson and will be quality.

Loving the previews of this - albeit they are very different and more "poppy" than "proggy" lol

this one is more electronic/trance-y - remember it is just part of the larger concept album. Recall from the studio preview interviews, that there are 3 longer prog-inspired pieces.

http://youtu.be/gOU_zWdhAoE

this is a more infectious pop-infused one:

http://youtu.be/xpZpfqE_KgQ

• Like 1

Loving the previews of this - albeit they are very different and more "poppy" than "proggy" lol

this one is more electronic/trance-y - remember it is just part of the larger concept album. Recall from the studio preview interviews, that there are 3 longer prog-inspired pieces.

I have been listening to these quite a bit. On first listen I was slightly disappointed, but both have grown on me a lot with subsequent listenings. Although superficially both tracks seem quite simple, there are many layers and textures embedded within them. I can't wait to see how they fit in with the album as a whole which seems to be much more of a concept album than his previous ones.

• Like 1

I liked the title track alot.... It's got some tones of Blackfield in it as well