nicky6

For me, the "great" songs on VT are:

•Ceiling Unlimited

•Ghost Rider

•Vapor Trail

•Secret Touch

•Earthshine

•Nocturne

All the rest are quite good however, with the unfortunate exception of Out Of The Cradle :boo hiss:

Great:

Eathshine

Vapor Trail

Very Good:

Ceiling Unlimited

Ghost Rider

Secret Touch

Nocturne

Freeze

Out of the Cradle

Good:

One Little Victory

Sweet Miracle

Passable:

How It Is

Ungood:

Peacable Kingdom

The Stars Looks Down

Remove Peacable Kingdom, The Stars Look Down, and How It Is from Vapor Trails and it's a much stronger and cohesive album:

One Little Victory

Ceiling Unlimited

Ghost Rider

Vapor Trail

Secret Touch

Earthshine

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Freeze

Out of the Cradle

Yes. F*ck Peacable Kingdom. It's boring and plodding.

And if you don't like Out of the Cradle it's still the best song to close the album out with because of it's upbeat energy and positive lyrics.

Out of the Cradle comes across as last minute filler

How do you determine what "last minute filler" sounds like?

Force Ten and New World Man are offically "last minute filler" as they were specifically written and recorded in one day to fill time on their respective albums...

I think Out of the Cradle closes the album perfectly because it has a similar spirit and energy to One Little Victory. The album begins and ends on a positive note which compliments some of the darker material in between.

It's decent. Not horrible but not outstanding either. A little too upbeat for it's own good. Vapor Trails Remixed version is much better than the original.

But it is probably one of the least "Rush sounding" songs in their catalog.

And tries too hard to be "catchy".

It is catchy on purpose. The melody is upbeat because the lyrics are not and actually relate to the forced upbeat melody.

• Like 2

vapor trials seesm to really be most rsh fans favorite , people are nuts with album..

Really? It actually may be one of the most divided among Rush fans. It's like an either you love it or hate it album and is in no way as universally loved as Moving Pictures, Permamnent Waves, Hemispheres. A Farewell to kings, etc.

I don't love or hate it. You can't even compare it to those albums :LOL:

•Ceiling Unlimited

•Ghost Rider

•Vapor Trail

•Secret Touch

•Earthshine

•Nocturne

All the rest are quite good however, with the unfortunate exception of Out Of The Cradle :boo hiss:

Great:

Eathshine

Vapor Trail

Very Good:

Ceiling Unlimited

Ghost Rider

Secret Touch

Nocturne

Freeze

Out of the Cradle

Good:

One Little Victory

Sweet Miracle

Passable:

Peacable Kingdom

How It Is

Ungood:

The Stars Looks Down

Elevating Peacable Kingdom from "ungood" to "passable"....Remixed version is much better than the original.

Edited by savagegrace26

•Ceiling Unlimited

•Ghost Rider

•Vapor Trail

•Secret Touch

•Earthshine

•Nocturne

Great:

Eathshine

Vapor Trail

Very Good:

Ceiling Unlimited

Ghost Rider

Secret Touch

Nocturne

Freeze

Out of the Cradle

Good:

One Little Victory

Sweet Miracle

Passable:

Peacable Kingdom

How It Is

Ungood:

The Stars Looks Down

Elevating Peacable Kingdom from "ungood" to "passable"....Remixed version is much better than the original.

PK has some great bass work in it.
  • Like 2

Great tune. If I didn't have time to listen to the whole album, I'd listen to these:

One Little Victory

Ceiling Unlimited

Peaceable Kingdom

How it Is

Secret Touch

Earthshine

Ceiling Unlimited again

• Like 1

When it comes to rush i never play anything else these days, i was wondering why and concluded VT the closest rush ever got, with exeption of their debut album, to making your usual standard rock album.

I mean, from fly by night onwards the band sound had a kind of rush surreal feel to it that only they had, which is why we all loved em in first place probably, but eventually after 25 or so years VT kind of broke the mould for me and theres a lot of stuff in it that still retains the rush ethos but has more of a pure rock feel to it.

Although has a few obvious faults, the album has a simple grounded honesty to it i really like, from which some of the more typically ethereal rush tracks like earthshine benefit greatly. Yeah is just a cool rockin album for me, without doubt the bands best in terms of variety and maturity.

Thats coming from a guy who never thought he'd hear anything from them better than Waves, which i still believe came from the gods to be honest.

• Like 2

Remove Peacable Kingdom, The Stars Look Down, and How It Is from Vapor Trails and it's a much stronger and cohesive album:

One Little Victory

Ceiling Unlimited

Ghost Rider

Vapor Trail

Secret Touch

Earthshine

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Freeze

Out of the Cradle

Yes. F*ck Peacable Kingdom. It's boring and plodding.

And if you don't like Out of the Cradle it's still the best song to close the album out with because of it's upbeat energy and positive lyrics.

PK and TSLD are two of my fav songs off of this album!

As for How It Is, I think it is brilliant.

I love this album. Alongside Counterparts, this album is as good as all the albums from 2112-Presto.

• Like 1