What decade does Permanent Waves really belong in?

Lorraine

:blah: We'll return to our regularly scheduled argument just as soon as these gentlemen realize that Ms. Harry is even older than me, and she no longer looks like that in any way, shape, or form.

Dont be a buzz killer. But aint it the truth?

It's no different than female TRFers lusting over 1970's pics of Robert Plant.

:o Johnny Blaze, I hope you are not referring to me. :rage: Robert Plant was never my type. Too campy for me.

I was more of a Don Johnson type of gal! :wub: :coy:

• Like 1

:blah: We'll return to our regularly scheduled argument just as soon as these gentlemen realize that Ms. Harry is even older than me, and she no longer looks like that in any way, shape, or form.

Dont be a buzz killer. But aint it the truth?

It's no different than female TRFers lusting over 1970's pics of Robert Plant.

:o Johnny Blaze, I hope you are not referring to me. :rage: Robert Plant was never my type. Too campy for me.

I was more of a Don Johnson type of gal! :wub: :coy:

Rumor has it hes still looking for a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Now that the dust is settling on hopefully our last TRF War of the year (rivals Zumbi's other thread about the forum being 90% jerks), we can maybe get back to more important matters.

Consider: December 31, 1979 - Permanent Waves recorded, pressed, and just waiting to be played by disc jockeys at the stroke of midnight.

Did 90% of us become jerks just this year? Was that just this year?

I thought Zumbi had determined that about 90% of us longer ago than that, that's all.

Anyway, back to more important matters- the '70s coming to a fitful close with Permanent Waves. :)

We ought to bring that thread back up for old times sake. I'm going to go look for it.

I think it was two years ago. Maybe more. I forget whether that was before he was determined to be our 2112 Man (remember when he returned as Fancy Dancer? then as Geddy Lee?) or after he gave up the notion of stopping all posting at 2112 posts, gave up registering under other user names, and returned as Zumbi again.

Edit: Found it. It is from August 2014. I think though it is best to let it remain inactive until better heads prevail again here. :)

Edited by Lorraine

If we're talking about total foxes of the 1970s, you can have Farrah and Cheryl Tiegs and Bo Derek

I CAN???

Cheryl Tiegs is 70 !!

Never mind.

You might wanna rethink that

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2014014/rs_634x1024-140114200019-634.Cheryl-Tiegs-Sports-Illustrated-Party.ms.011414.jpg

http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/cheryl-tiegs-at-si-swimsuit-issue-50th-anniversary-celebration-in-hollywood_1.jpg

She looks better there than most 50 year olds and many half her age.

I'd hit that.

• Like 1

:bump: Did we ever reach a decision on this?

Hehe. :outtahere:

Every time we think we have, the debate begins again. :huh:

Okay. I admit that I am aware we decided side two = '70s and side one = '80s and that everyone enthusiastically & unequivocally agreed, but I was already missing the times during the holidays when I checked my email every couple of days to find around a gazillion notifications re. this topic.

• Like 1

Okay. I admit that I am aware we decided side two = '70s and side one = '80s and that everyone enthusiastically & unequivocally agreed, but I was already missing the times during the holidays when I checked my email every couple of days to find around a gazillion notifications re. this topic.

Somehow Cheryl Tiegs got involved in the debate.

• Like 1

Cheryl Tiegs was the best thing about this

• Like 1

If she is in fact involved in the discussion...I think that should clearly seal Waves as a '70s masterpiece. :)

Edited by Blue J

:o

I'm sure Cheryl would agree she looked better in the seventies than she does today. Therefore, she would vote for Permanent Waves being a seventies album despite the minor flaw of being released on the 1st of January, 1980.

I figure the new wave clothes they are wearing by that time would say "1980s". And the early 80s included the skinny ties.