I'am excited about the test for echo footage!!

nicky6

The T4E tour was the beginning of a beautiful phase, with the "evening with" format. I will never forget how excited I was when I saw that Rush would be playing two sets and finally dispense with the opening acts. I had hoped they might do this on the CP tour, but no matter.

I also remember that the set list was very good, with a relatively perfect mix of old and new.

Leg one

(-Intermission-)

(-Encore-)

I remember everyone going nuts over the Cygnus teaser.

Natural Science doesn't have it's own Wikipedia entry? That needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

I would go as far as to say if you don't love "All the World's A Stage," you're not a true Rush fan. Freaking Rush at their pinnacle, man!

LOL! They had energy for sure, but Neil was still in his sloppy, over-playing stage and Geddy was in his screeching stage. The real pinnacle was around 1980 or so.

Some people prefer the screeching Geddy. :LOL:

• Like 2

I would go as far as to say if you don't love "All the World's A Stage," you're not a true Rush fan. Freaking Rush at their pinnacle, man!

LOL! They had energy for sure, but Neil was still in his sloppy, over-playing stage and Geddy was in his screeching stage. The real pinnacle was around 1980 or so.

And I'm one of them :yes:

And I'm one of them :yes:

I can't say I prefer one or the other, I like all versions of him.

• Like 1

I've seen 6 shows on the T4E tour and luckily two of them have been filmed. The tour was brilliant and one of the best things was, you didn't know months in advance what they were playing. Never forget that moment when Alex moved on into Discovery and the Alamodome went nuts. Gooooossseeebumps.

Now bring that f**kin' VHS, DVD or whatever format, but please with the whole show on it. :rush:

• Like 2

No, more like if you don't love Grace Under Pressure Live, you're not a true Rush fan....That concert is just perfect in almost every way. The band was really tight that show.

Agree so much. Their "pinnacle" was Permanent Waves-Moving Pictures.

Consider me proudly one of those "some people"..... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

Consider me proudly one of those "some people".....

I don't think Geddy ever really screeched, actually. It was more a melodic vocal event tinged with just the right amount of raw vocal distortion and nicely controlled vibrato.

I once had a theory that fans of Geddy's voice in the 70s must have ears that are open to a wider frequency range (I was one of these fortunate few). Probably not an original theory, but something had to explain the divide between the people who thought Geddy's voice was the most amazing sound and those who just hated it.

• Like 1

I don't think Geddy ever really screeched, actually. It was more a melodic vocal event tinged with just the right amount of raw vocal distortion and nicely controlled vibrato.

I once had a theory that fans of Geddy's voice in the 70s must have ears that are open to a wider frequency range (I was one of these fortunate few). Probably not an original theory, but something had to explain the divide between the people who thought Geddy's voice was the most amazing sound and those who just hated it.

It was one of the first things that was obvious and drew me to the band and peaked my curiosity and here I am. It was beautiful to me anyway. It set them apart and made them different. The great music didn't hurt either....
  • Like 1

It was one of the first things that was obvious and drew me to the band and peaked my curiosity and here I am. It was beautiful to me anyway. It set them apart and made them different. The great music didn't hurt either....

Same here. I loved it from the beginning. But then at the time a lot of male singers had high voices. That's an interesting way to put it about the wider frequency range. I have always wondered why there was such a sharp divide between people who loved his voice and people who hated it.

That was Rush in their infancy. The things they have accomplished since far surpass that era of their existence. I know I'm a child of the 80's but some fans rabid obsession that borders on murderous rage over that time period is mind boggling to me.

Edited by Snyder80
  • Like 1

That was Rush in their infancy. The things they have accomplished since far surpass that era of their existence. I know I'm a child of the 80's but some fans rabid obsession that borders on murderous rage over that time period is mind boggling to me.

Well it was their kindergarten crayon drawing on the refrigerator phase so you're certainly right.

I have fond memories of those 2 nights at the Molson Amphitheatre. I was working down in South America at the time and took my only leave of the year to return home for 2 weeks to coincide with those two shows. The most bizarre thing I recall was that the flight path in the morning actually took me over the venue and I actually saw the big rigs unloading and thinking...later tonight I am so there! Went home but could not sleep a wink, I was too excited.

I remember at the time that they were filming for it to be released as a DVD. At the beginning of the second set when they began TFE, the light from the far back that was focused on Alex was late, i.e. the playing started well before the light on him. I recall saying to my friend, that won't go over well for the DVD. Oh well, something that will be touched up...

They were great shows, enjoyed them tremendously but look back on that tour with sadness recalling the tragic events that occurred shortly thereafter in Neil's life...

• Like 1