BU2B

lifeson90

The album CA is ok some great tracks on it, quite a few duds imo but a few great ones too.. but bu2b is the most cutting edge progressive piece of work this band ever done for me. Still kickin ass now never heard anything like it this is Rush at their very very best.

Nevermind the album context, doesnt matter, just take by itself, this is rush on another level. Its been too long, these artists need to make more stuff they have an obligation. Yeah have the occasional break but your fans need more stuff now get back to work. Not even funny. I mean it.

• Like 2

:sigh:

To me BU2B sounds like a juvenile version of Armor and Sword (which I like). It's just... obnoxious IMO. It's not as bad as Wish Them Well (My least favorite song on CA), but I don't like it by any stretch of the imagination.

I have a hard time calling it progressive in the slightest. It's a straight ahead balls-to-the-wall rock song, but damn Geddy nails it on that one :haz:

Great, great tune. Was slightly disappointed they left that one off the CA Tour.

• Like 3

I have a hard time calling it progressive in the slightest. It's a straight ahead balls-to-the-wall rock song, but damn Geddy nails it on that one :haz:

Great, great tune. Was slightly disappointed they left that one off the CA Tour.

So was I, and my son, for whom the CA Tour was his first.

I saw it on the TMT and it kicked ass...the highlight of an otherwise desultory first set.

I saw it on the TMT and it kicked ass...the highlight of an otherwise desultory first set.

I didn't have a problem with the first set. Considering it had a couple songs from Snakes I'm not surprised you didn't like it :P but it was nice hearing Stick It Out and Marathon pulled out of the vault and Presto needed some balls to make up for the castrated studio version.

Edited by BowlCity

I didn't have a problem with the first set. Considering it had a couple songs from Snakes I'm not surprised you didn't like it :P but it was nice hearing Stick It Out and Marathon pulled out of the vault and Presto needed some balls to make up for the castrated studio version.

Every song you named was a reason I didn't like it. :)

• Like 1

Every song you named was a reason I didn't like it. :)

:o Marathon????

The album CA is ok some great tracks on it, quite a few duds imo but a few great ones too.. but bu2b is the most cutting edge progressive piece of work this band ever done for me. Still kickin ass now never heard anything like it this is Rush at their very very best.

Nevermind the album context, doesnt matter, just take by itself, this is rush on another level. Its been too long, these artists need to make more stuff they have an obligation. Yeah have the occasional break but your fans need more stuff now get back to work. Not even funny. I mean it.

How exactly is this song the most cutting edge progressive piece of work on the cd, let alone that the band has ever done? I'd be very interested? It's a straight ahead rock song, never mind that the bass line noodles around for much of the song. Besides that, structurally and harmonically, it's really straightforward. Headlong Flight is much more progressive, in my opinion, given the shifting meters, the complexity of each of the musical lines. Even Caravan could be considered more progressive for the same reasons as Headlong Flight

• Like 2

I like BU2B. I think the song stands on its own. When it was originally released with Caravan, I thought BU2B was the superior song and I didn't really like Caravan (it wasn't until the album was released and I heard it in context that I began to like it). Too bad they didn't play it on the CA tour. I would have given up Wish Them Well to see it played.
  • Like 2

Forgive me but this song and Most of CA I think Foo Fighters.......Frickin' thanks Nick. Besides that as a song never impressed me. Once you know it......there's nothing new to discover. Ya know how with some songs you can find new stuff? Yea......not here.

Mick

I thought the live version was a lot better, although I DO like the song.

I DO NOT like the "album" version with the acoustic intro. Absolutely kills the transition. When I moved the album to my ipod, i substituted the "single" version.

As far as Wish them Well goes, it's not one of my faves, but the lyrics do kick it up a notch. I seemed to recall Neil mentioning something to this effect in the tour program. I think I'd like it better if Ged didn't wail the title in the chorus. That kinda thing worked for "Show Don't Tell", but not so much for "Wish Them Well".

Clem

• Like 3