10 members have voted

1. 1. What is the official TRF food?

• Corn dogs
    • Corn dogs
    • Corn dogs
    • Feedback

I have never eaten a corn dog.

Another Narpski!! :facepalm: :LOL:

I've never had one either, because I loathe cornbread. Yes, I grew up in the South but despise one of its signature foods.

Cornbread does suck and so does tea. There I said it.

To bad,

You both are missing out. :D

:dweez: :D

I love cornbread. I make a damn fine cornbread too... in a cast iron skillet!

This is especially for troutman and x1yyz for breaking my chops over this. A special thanks to my wife for bringing this corn dog home special for me as a surprise due to me telling about all about what's been going on in the forum regarding my never having eaten one. Pics and it did happen...... :)

http://s8.postimg.org/ilqp3xcit/20140926_155206.jpg

It was ok but I doubt I will ever have another one. A standard hot dog on a bun has been a staple of mine for years and most likely will continue to be. At least I tried..... :D

Yeah, the standard ones are better.

It wasn't very good in my view. If it were a veggie one I can't imagine how bad that would be....

Well congratulations for trying it. Your wife is a great sport, too :rose: If you don't like it it's not your fault, it just means you're broken :D :outtahere:

You probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between that and a veggie corn dog though, not once you put the batter and the mustard on it.

Yes. She surprised the heck out of me. It was in its own little brown bag and all wrapped up inside the bag. It was cute.... :rose:

That is cute. I congratulate you for trying it. I would imagine corndogs aren't for everyone. But at least you had the guts to try it once. :) And thanks for not posting a picture of yourself with it in your mouth. :LOL:

:rfl: I considered it. Profile.... :rfl:

I'll bet. :LOL:

I looked a while for my "good side" and never found it and chucked the idea.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

I've never had one either, because I loathe cornbread. Yes, I grew up in the South but despise one of its signature foods.

To bad,

To bad,

Hell yeah!!

Good stuff right there. :ebert:

To bad,

This is especially for troutman and x1yyz for breaking my chops over this. A special thanks to my wife for bringing this corn dog home special for me as a surprise due to me telling about all about what's been going on in the forum regarding my never having eaten one. Pics and it did happen...... :)

It was ok but I doubt I will ever have another one. A standard hot dog on a bun has been a staple of mine for years and most likely will continue to be. At least I tried..... :D

Yeah, the standard ones are better.

It wasn't very good in my view. If it were a veggie one I can't imagine how bad that would be....

Well congratulations for trying it. Your wife is a great sport, too :rose: If you don't like it it's not your fault, it just means you're broken :D :outtahere:

You probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between that and a veggie corn dog though, not once you put the batter and the mustard on it.

Gees dude,

Don't act as if some one had just died!! :laughing guy:

At least you tried one though. :haz: BTW, I can tell the difference between the regular ones and the veggies. I love the veggie ones a lot more. :D

BTW, Nice hat! :codger: :dweez:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2

I would eat a corndog, for sufficient compensation :LOL:

It was not a good combo. Chocolate and peanut butter it ain't :LOL: . I didn't finish all of it truth be told..... :)
  • Like 1

I would eat a corndog, for sufficient compensation :LOL:

It was not a good combo. Chocolate and peanut butter it ain't :LOL: . I didn't finish all of it truth be told..... :)

I don't blame you! Bleargh! :LOL:

• Like 1

To bad,

Bravo for trying.

For the record they are much better when they are fresh out f the deep fryer. It sounds like yours had to be reheated.

Bonus points to your wife for bringing it home to you.

• Like 2

To bad,

Bravo for trying.

For the record they are much better when they are fresh out f the deep fryer. It sounds like yours had to be reheated.

Thanks. She was sweet to even care about the conversation I had with her about getting some good-natured jazz from some folks around here about never having had one. It was a surprise when she brought it home and I tried to like it but just couldn't..... :)

To bad,

Bravo for trying.

Thanks. She was sweet to even care about the conversation I had with her about getting some good-natured jazz from some folks around here about never having had one. It was a surprise when she brought it home and I tried to like it but just couldn't..... :)

Corndogs are one of those things that are better at a fair or some sort of outside function. Like funnel cakes or elephant ears. :)

To bad,

Bravo for trying.

Does she like corndogs? :D

To bad,

Bravo for trying.

Does she like corndogs? :D

Absolutely not and yes she has tried at least one. She has much better taste in food in general than I do. Her pallet would get along well with most of you guys. I am stubborn and boring when it comes to food and get the same stuff over and over mostly. Shocking I know.... ;)

As mentioned above (but lost in all the pizza love) it should be...

SOUP!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

We'll know when Ben & Jerry's names an ice cream after them like Colbert, Fallon and Grateful Dead. :laugh:

Yes, it's about time! They have had the Phish Food flavor around forever! 

What could it be?  Flavor 2112? I dunno,  my brain isn't working tonight :biggrin:

On 6/25/2022 at 9:35 PM, blueschica said:

Yes, it's about time! They have had the Phish Food flavor around forever! 

What could it be?  Flavor 2112? I dunno,  my brain isn't working tonight :biggrin:

How about a gourmet Neopolitan called "Subdivisions"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Is there no bread?

Only if you flaunt the fruits of noble birth and wash the salt into the earth.

21 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

:unsure: I just wanted a piece of bread. Or maybe some cake.

Ya can't have any pudding until ya finisher yer meat. :p

• Like 1