RS: Rush to Release Massive R40 Live Box Set

ThatLightInYourEyes

It's already not getting very good reviews on Amazon. Sucks they raised the price.

Those aren't real reviews. it's just a bunch of disgruntled "fanboys" bitching and complaining about something they haven't seen or heard yet.

Well they're complaining about it being a cash grab, which it is. Probably some people from here posting the reviews. :LOL:

• Like 2

It's already not getting very good reviews on Amazon. Sucks they raised the price.

Those aren't real reviews. it's just a bunch of disgruntled "fanboys" bitching and complaining about something they haven't seen or heard yet.

Well they're complaining about it being a cash grab, which it is. Probably some people from here posting the reviews. :LOL:

No, it's a 40th Anniversary "Gift".

Edited by savagegrace26

How so?

How so?

For themselves.

• Like 1

Regardless, I don't see it as a cash grab because you don't have to buy it (unless you're stupid) and it's cheaper than buying each show individually for those don't already own them.

Actually, I added up the prices for each blu-ray new on Amazon. Assuming Rush in Rio would be about $25 new it adds up to $109 (not counting the bonus disc because it's a "bonus). What a rip-off.

CASH GRAB!

http://watchdog.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/05/Cash-Grab.jpg

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

I have almost 300 Rush magazines over 200 live rush boots, audio and video, most of the catalog on CD, posters, press-kit photos, all live DVD's but I would rather buy a special "Fan Collector's Pack" with Rush In Rio on Blu-ray, Bonus disc with full T4E show, not the Bind Date show from 1997 and extensive booklet. Edited by RedSectorA

Actually, I added up the prices for each blu-ray new on Amazon. Assuming Rush in Rio would be about $25 new it adds up to $109 (not counting the bonus disc because it's a "bonus). What a rip-off.

CASH GRAB!

I don't usually beat on Rush too bad with "cash grab" criticism, because, I can always decline to re-purchase something. But, as of right now, the only way to buy the bonus disc material, is buy this boxed set. And, I already have all the other stuff besides the book. So, no thanks.

Will I buy it full price and new?

Will I buy it when I find it for $50 at the used music/video shop?

Will I watch the bonus videos when they're posted on YouTube? Yep.

• Like 2

I've been waffling about purchasing this thing, as I own pretty much all of the video releases already. But I need to have that bonus stuff. But...100 clams for a lot of stuff I already have? I mentioned my uncertainty to my wife, and she simply said, "they're your favorite band. Just buy it." I'm having a hard time arguing against that logic.
  • Like 1

I've been waffling about purchasing this thing, as I own pretty much all of the video releases already. But I need to have that bonus stuff. But...100 clams for a lot of stuff I already have? I mentioned my uncertainty to my wife, and she simply said, "they're your favorite band. Just buy it." I'm having a hard time arguing against that logic.

I would guess so.... :madra:
  • Like 1

Also, when I think about how many things there are that you could truly throw your money away for, it seems like a no-brainer. Being a rush fan is an occasionally expensive hobby that gives back way more than I will ever spend.

Also, when I think about how many things there are that you could truly throw your money away for, it seems like a no-brainer. Being a rush fan is an occasionally expensive hobby that gives back way more than I will ever spend.

If you have the disposable income it must be wonderful....
  • Like 1

That's what I mean - it doesn't seem as disposable - like tossing money away on booze and drugs, or whatever. My band plays at these pubs where we regularly see "regulars" buying $6 pint after $6 pint. Seems like an expensive way to refresh yourself...

I wish I had more disposable income. People on the forum have on several occasions talked about "saving up" for the next Rush show, or Rush con, or whatever. I can understand that. I'm lucky enough to have this little covers band that plays once or twice a month, which gives me a bit of extra music money. The box set represents maybe a gig and a half of sweating on stage (and throwing my spine out of whack with my 10.5 lb Ibanez bass). I think it'll be worth it.

• Like 1

That's what I mean - it doesn't seem as disposable - like tossing money away on booze and drugs, or whatever. My band plays at these pubs where we regularly see "regulars" buying $6 pint after $6 pint. Seems like an expensive way to refresh yourself...

I wish I had more disposable income. People on the forum have on several occasions talked about "saving up" for the next Rush show, or Rush con, or whatever. I can understand that. I'm lucky enough to have this little covers band that plays once or twice a month, which gives me a bit of extra music money. The box set represents maybe a gig and a half of sweating on stage (and throwing my spine out of whack with my 10.5 lb Ibanez bass). I think it'll be worth it.

Yeah and it's not like people have to have something the minute it comes out. Once it's out, it'll be there.

I can't do it - no way to justify spending $125 to re-purchase a bunch of Blu-rays I already own, just for some bonus footage (a fair amount I've already seen or possess ) and a nice book.

This will be the first Rush release in 30 years that I did not purchase the day it came out.

• Like 1