Your Top Five Albums To Take To A Desert Island (That Has Music Playing Facilities)

Segue Myles

Mine:

Lacuna Coil- Karmacode: My all time favourite album!

Khoma- The Second Wave

Fleetwwod Mac- Tusk

Nightwish- Dark Passion Play

Rush- Hold Your Fire

Edited by Segue Myles

There is no way I can limit this to five albums. Ten is the minimum by which I've always abided in making desert island lists. But if I must play by the rules... :eyeroll:

These are in no particular order:

Ray Lamontagne- Till the Sun Turns Black

Joni Mitchell- Blue

The Black Crowes- Before the Frost...Until the Freeze

Genesis- Foxtrot

Rush- Hold Your Fire

And I can't be without Yes's debut album, for very sentimental reasons, so I'm shoving it in here as well. Are there better Yes albums, on the whole? Absolutely. But I have to have that first record.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

There is no way I can limit this to five albums. Ten is the minimum by which I've always abided in making desert island lists. But if I must play by the rules... :eyeroll:

Joni Mitchell- Blue

Genesis- Foxtrot

Rush- Hold Your Fire

HOLD YOUR FIRE!!

May I just say how interesting I find it that so many Rush fans are putting albums other than PeW or MP on their list. Just one Rush album and it would be Hold Your Fire? Like I said, interesting. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

A lot of people are probably MP'ed out to the point where they rarely listen to it or any of its tracks anymore, let alone take it to a desert island. If given more space I'd probably pick MP and Signals as well.

Joni Mitchell- Blue

Genesis- Foxtrot

Rush- Hold Your Fire

HOLD YOUR FIRE!!

Indeed! And if I were to stretch it out to ten albums, then Hemispheres would be here as well.

May I just say how interesting I find it that so many Rush fans are putting albums other than PeW or MP on their list. Just one Rush album and it would be Hold Your Fire? Like I said, interesting. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

A lot of people are probably MP'ed out to the point where they rarely listen to it or any of its tracks anymore, let alone take it to a desert island. If given more space I'd probably pick MP and Signals as well.

Yeah, but if you're going to a desert island, you want one of the greatest albums ever with you.

Age has a lot to do with it I think. I may be wrong. :huh:

• Like 1

Joni Mitchell- Blue

Genesis- Foxtrot

Rush- Hold Your Fire

HOLD YOUR FIRE!!

Indeed! And if I were to stretch it out to ten albums, then Hemispheres would be here as well.

Hems and MP.

Rush All The World's A Stage

Yes Yessongs

Yes Going For The One

UFO Strangers In The Night

AC/DC Let There Be Rock

Uh, no AFTK?? :huh:

It would be stuffed down my pants where nobody (male or female) would want to look. Truth is I got Rush already kicking major ass on a double album. I still get great Yes live with all their early greatness but I don't get Awaken/Parallels etc. unless I take GFTO. The pipe organ takes me places no other instrument can. I must have my live UFO and AC/DC at their very best also.....
  • Like 1

Okay, besides what would probably be a huge :rush: box set, here goes:

PINK FLOYD: The Wall (If I have to choose one, I'm picking the long one. And yes, I know that's what she said.)

NICK CAVE AND THE BAD SEEDS: The Boatman's Call

JEFF BUCKLEY: Grace

TOM WAITS: Mule Variations

FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION: We're Only In It For The Money

• Like 1