Happy Birthday, Neil!

crimsonfrippy

Wait, so, Neil's Birthday Thread #2 should contain... less drama, right? :unsure:

EDIT: Oh wait, I'm in NWW? Sorry, but I ain't Photoshopping THAT. :no:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Not on here too often so maybe I missed something.

Cheers,

frippy

Wait, so, Neil's Birthday Thread #2 should contain... less drama, right? :unsure:

Cheers,

frippy

You didn't miss anything. I don't get it either.

Cheers,

frippy

Possibly referring to that old photoshopped pic of a nude Geddy sitting in a cloud..? But that would be more drama, not les.. Hmmm ya I don't know

Cheers,

frippy

I'll take a guess. Under the Rush section YYZumbi started a Happy Birthday Neil topic... thus this is the #2 thread wishing Neil birthday greetings. Perhaps the #1 thread was dramatic?

• Like 1

Cheers,

frippy

I'll take a guess. Under the Rush section YYZumbi started a Happy Birthday Neil topic... thus this is the #2 thread wishing Neil birthday greetings. Perhaps the #1 thread was dramatic?

Well, I guess we can start drama here, too. Let's see... NWW + Neil + Drama? Anyone? Yeah, probably not a good idea. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I don't get all the hate against Neil. I guess it's because he doesn't do meet and greets? It just seemed to start since they've been doing those.

I don't get all the hate against Neil. I guess it's because he doesn't do meet and greets? It just seemed to start since they've been doing those.

He's a polarizing figure, with people on either extreme: God or fraud. I'm sure he wrestles with his own idea of who he is all the time, so he probably reaches out just enough to see what people think of him before pulling back and pretending that he doesn't care. As for the meet and greets, social anxiety is a real thing. He's probably still trying to find the right balance. Who knows? Maybe he'll do a live chat online where the staff has to screen out about 97% of the questions and comments due to the influx of people waiting to either be magically inspired or accuse him of being a shill for the NWO Reptilian Overlords. And then he'll remember why he started hiding in the first place.

Neil is a quirky guy, I can see why some don't like him. After reading Roadshow and some of his other books, I saw he has his reasons for not wanting to be overwhelmed by fans, which I understand (to a point). I also have to say the books also show his whiny side which was irritating to read. While his talent and songwriting ability makes Rush such a great band, he is an anti-social personality (more so as time goes by).
  • Like 1