Xanadu vs Stairway to Heaven

savagegrace26

Xanadu vs Stairway to Heaven  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Xanadu vs Stairway to Heaven

'Stairway' is like 'light my fire'. The bands' most popular song to the casual listener but least popular among real fans!

I love The Doors and Light My Fire is one of my favourites!

The Crystal Ship is mine.

:musicnote: Before you slip into unconsciousness.. :musicnote:

The whole damn debut album is fine!

Arg...wish I was around back then. It must have been so exciting when music was about music, not Miley Cyrus' onstage crotch flashing.

• Like 4

'Stairway' is like 'light my fire'. The bands' most popular song to the casual listener but least popular among real fans!

Arg...wish I was around back then. It must have been so exciting when music was about music, not Miley Cyrus' onstage crotch flashing.

It was exciting. I never knew anything about the men behind the music. The only thing that mattered was the music, and the music back then defined the times. One band after another. It was hard to keep up. There were so many good bands all around at the same time, and new ones starting up all the time.

• Like 4

It was exciting. I never knew anything about the men behind the music. The only thing that mattered was the music, and the music back then defined the times. One band after another. It was hard to keep up. There were so many good bands all around at the same time, and new ones starting up all the time.

Hell yeah!!! :dweez: :7up: :haz:

• Like 1

Xanadu. There has to be dozens of songs Zeppelin wrote that I love more than Stairway. Pretty sick of that one.

The only Zeppelin songs I could pit against Xanadu and have a hard time with are Achilles' Last Stand and The Rain Song.

I'll go ahead and argue that Houses of the Holy was the best Zeppelin album, too.

• Like 2

I was thinking last night Kashmir. I would have to listen to it again. The last time I heard it has to be about thirty years ago.

They used to play Kashmir at the local amusement park for the Tilt A Whirl ride. It synched up perfectly. I used to ride it just for that. :)

• Like 1

Xanadu! Easy game anyway: Xanadu is a top three Rush song and IMHO In My Time Of Dying, Kashmir and When The Levee Breaks are better than STH....

Xanadu! Easy game anyway: Xanadu is a top three Rush song and IMHO In My Time Of Dying, Kashmir and When The Levee Breaks are better than STH....

I don't know if STH has suffered the same fate as Tom Sawyer or not. Meaning that it has been overplayed throughout the decades.

But, Geezer. .. do you remember when it first came out? :wub: I do. We had never heard anything like it before. I still remember being in a bar and watching one of the guys air drum to the song. Even back then, any kind of talent, even if only actually getting the air drums down, was mesmerizing to me. :LOL:

I think Kashmir is a better song too, but STH is no slouch song either. :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Pauvre, pauvre Achilles. :(

I remember some people voting for Bohemian Rhapsody over some Rush song or other, not too long ago... :huh:

It was vs Xanadu if I recall correctly.

Yes, it was. And I actually went for Bohemian Rhapsody. It's my favorite song of all time.

• Like 1

I think for many of us, one was a youthful experience, the other was an older experience.

If I had to choose, my choice would be the earlier song.

(Very difficult, I love Xanadu).