Xanadu vs Stairway to Heaven

savagegrace26

Xanadu vs Stairway to Heaven  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Xanadu vs Stairway to Heaven

Two legendary bands alleged opus magnum...

Just want to say I love your avatar. The Secret Of NIMH is a classic.

Anyway: Xanadu.

Nothing by Led Zeppelin has ever impressed me overly much to be honest.

Stairway to Heaven is a legendary song, and Led Zeppelin is a legendary band, but Xanadu is my favorite Rush song and Stairway to Heaven is not my favorite Led Zeppelin song.
  • Like 1

Stairway and I didn't have to think about it. And it's not even close to my favorite Zeppelin song.

It is more deft at both setting the scene slowly and rocking out completely. More dynamic and more effective as a vehicle of impacting people.

While we're at it, No Quarter and the Rain Song are better too.

Stairway and I didn't have to think about it. And it's not even close to my favorite Zeppelin song.

It is more deft at both setting the scene slowly and rocking out completely. More dynamic and more effective as a vehicle of impacting people.

Blasphemy!! Somebody needs to lay off the :smoke: hahahaha
  • Like 1

Love Zep but Stairway is dull in my view. There are many Zep tunes I would take over it.... :huh:

Same

x3

I can barely sit through Stairway these days.

It makes for a fantastic lullaby

Tough choice.

As a teenager in the 80s, discovering Stairway To Heaven was pretty much a religious experience. One can argue that it is overrated, but there is no denying that it kicks ass. In the annuls of rock and roll, Stairway is a pillar. Can't really say that about Xanadu.

But, I am a Rush dork. Xanadu it is.

• Like 1

Along with Since I've Been Loving You, No Quarter, and Rain Song are my favorite Zep tunes.

• Like 1

Xanadu is enhanced more with weed than Stairway....but I still think Stairway is a better song.

• Like 1

Xanadu is enhanced more with weed than Stairway....but I still think Stairway is a better song.

Fair enough, we've all got our quirks lol

'Stairway' is like 'light my fire'. The bands' most popular song to the casual listener but least popular among real fans!

'Stairway' is like 'light my fire'. The bands' most popular song to the casual listener but least popular among real fans!

I love The Doors and Light My Fire is one of my favourites!

• Like 3

I love The Doors and Light My Fire is one of my favourites!

The Crystal Ship is mine.

:musicnote: Before you slip into unconsciousness.. :musicnote:

• Like 2