05 Beautiful Day

06 Elevation

07 Stuck In A Moment

08 Sunday Bloody Sunday (electric)

09 Out Of Control

10 Vertigo

11 Song For Someone

12 California

Here it is. And yes, it was everything any one of us would have hoped it to be: our favorite band, in a 500 person club, playing unadorned by visual technology and giving it their all for an hour of expected and unexpected material. At times it was a bit surreal to see U2 in this setting, so close to the crowd, playing a setlist that nodded to the very first tours where venues of this size were the norm.

Not much of a fan,

But I will admit that playing there is really cool of them. :cool:

At times it was a bit surreal to see U2 in this setting, so close to the crowd, playing a setlist that nodded to the very first tours where venues of this size were the norm.

You mean back when they were GOOD? I agree!

You know what? Yesterday I was listening to "Like a Song" which is probably my favorite off of WAR. I did a bit of research and apparently they only played it ONCE EVER back in 1983 and hated it and that was that. Looking further, many of their better old songs haven't been played in way more than 20 or 25 years (!) Yet another reason to appreciate RUSH's efforts.

• Like 2

At times it was a bit surreal to see U2 in this setting, so close to the crowd, playing a setlist that nodded to the very first tours where venues of this size were the norm.

You mean back when they were GOOD? I agree!

You know what? Yesterday I was listening to "Like a Song" which is probably my favorite off of WAR. I did a bit of research and apparently they only played it ONCE EVER back in 1983 and hated it and that was that. Looking further, many of their better old songs haven't been played in way more than 20 or 25 years (!) Yet another reason to appreciate RUSH's efforts.

Like A Song is great. It's really uptempo and could have been a great War song to bring back. U2 have a bunch of songs that got minimal play before they were forgotten forever. I know they tinkered with Drowning Man on the 360 tour rehearsals, but it never materialized.

I just got tired of U2. They peaked in 1990. Their paid subscribers are the biggest pricks in the whole world. I stopped going to their website a long time ago. I don't even listen to them anymore.

I saw U2 last week and they blew me away. AMAZING show and I'm glad I went.

The 360 tour sucked but the Joshua Tree tour was fantastic.

Edited by custom55