Not many U2 fans here I think ?

toscanobarga

I like the albums until Rattle And Hum, but I have never liked Bono's 'messiah attitude' and more.

A concert stage should place for no preaching.

I remember also an episode of some years ago reported by Deep Purple UK Fans Club when U2 in Moscow had a meeting planned with the then Russian President Mevdedev: Bono left and missed the meeting when be discovered that Purple are Medvedev's favourite band.

When I red the news I felt relieved, being myself a Purple fan; you know when someone that you consider an a**hole might support your same team?

At least this time it's not the case.

I'm not their greatest fan, but I like some of their songs, and the live show Zoo TV Live, which contains Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car. During that, he wears a gold lamé suit, platform type shoes and a pair of Devil's horn on his head.
  • Like 2

They are like Rush in the sense that most of their early stuff was great, and most of their later albums had about 1 or 2 good songs.

Then again, they were never as transcendently great as Rush was through MP.

Post Achtung Baby U2 has relied on a tried and true formula, over and over. Personally, I haven't enjoyed a new U2 album in over 20 years. But in that time, they have written some songs I enjoy. They are a great band, like the Rolling Stones, simply being who and what they are. Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Post Achtung Baby U2 has relied on a tried and true formula, over and over. Personally, I haven't enjoyed a new U2 in over 20 years. But in that time, they have written some songs I enjoy. They are a great band, like the Rolling Stones, simply being who and what they are.

That sums it up nicely

With regard to the Beatles, it's not so much them, but the reaction from most people. I swear, every millennial I meet just LOVES the Beatles... Like, OH MYGOD THE BEATLES ARE THE BEST!!!!.. And then you ask them about any other band, and they have no f***in clue.

Edited by Xanadoood

Post Achtung Baby U2 has relied on a tried and true formula, over and over. Personally, I haven't enjoyed a new U2 in over 20 years. But in that time, they have written some songs I enjoy. They are a great band, like the Rolling Stones, simply being who and what they are.

That sums it up nicely

With regard to the Beatles, it's not so much them, but the reaction from most people. I swear, every millennial I meet just LOVES the Beatles... Like, OH MYGOD THE BEATLES ARE THE BEST!!!!.. And then you ask them about any other band, and they have no f***in clue.

The Beatles are the best! ;)

Don't let appreciation for the Beatles get you down. The timing was right for the Beatles and they backed it up. I'm sure good percentage of the millennials you meet will go on to discover a lot of great, innovative and enjoyable bands other than the Beatles. :rush:

New songs:California (There Is No End To Love), Cedarwood Road, Every Breaking Wave (full band and acoustic versions), Invisible, Iris (Hold Me Close), The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone), Ordinary Love, Raised By Wolves, Song For Someone, The Troubles, Volcano.

Old songs: Bad, Beautiful Day, Bullet The Blue Sky, City Of Blinding Lights, Desire, Elevation, Even Better Than The Real Thing, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I Will Follow, Magnificent, Miracle Drug, Mysterious Ways, One, One Step Closer, Out Of Control, Playboy Mansion, Pride, Running To Stand Still, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Electric Co., Until The End Of The World, Where The Streets Have No Name, and With Or Without You.

Those are the songs that they have been rehearsing so far. Not trying to spoil for you, just letting you know what you might be expecting when you see them. :)

I'm not seeing them this tour unfortunately, but those old songs seem a little "tired and overplayed" and make me feel a bit better about not seeing them. The only rarities are One Step Closer and The Playboy Mansion (the only songs never played live off their respective albums). And for God's sake, drop Elevation and City of Blinding Lights already!!

My U2 live wishlist would include Acrobat, Lemon, Sleep Like A Baby Tonight, Discotheque, Drowning Man, Like A Song, Seconds, I Threw A Brick..., Love Comes Tumbling, and Wild Honey.

• Like 2

I'm not their greatest fan, but I like some of their songs, and the live show Zoo TV Live, which contains Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car. During that, he wears a gold lamé suit, platform type shoes and a pair of Devil's horn on his head.

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p650/kelli_williams1/mac_zps0qzrfenw.gif

Off with the horns, on with the show

• Like 2

That's the one! :D
  • Like 1

MacPhisto!

• Like 1

New songs:California (There Is No End To Love), Cedarwood Road, Every Breaking Wave (full band and acoustic versions), Invisible, Iris (Hold Me Close), The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone), Ordinary Love, Raised By Wolves, Song For Someone, The Troubles, Volcano.

Old songs: Bad, Beautiful Day, Bullet The Blue Sky, City Of Blinding Lights, Desire, Elevation, Even Better Than The Real Thing, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I Will Follow, Magnificent, Miracle Drug, Mysterious Ways, One, One Step Closer, Out Of Control, Playboy Mansion, Pride, Running To Stand Still, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Electric Co., Until The End Of The World, Where The Streets Have No Name, and With Or Without You.

Those are the songs that they have been rehearsing so far. Not trying to spoil for you, just letting you know what you might be expecting when you see them. :)

I'm not seeing them this tour unfortunately, but those old songs seem a little "tired and overplayed" and make me feel a bit better about not seeing them. The only rarities are One Step Closer and The Playboy Mansion (the only songs never played live off their respective albums). And for God's sake, drop Elevation and City of Blinding Lights already!!

My U2 live wishlist would include Acrobat, Lemon, Sleep Like A Baby Tonight, Discotheque, Drowning Man, Like A Song, Seconds, I Threw A Brick..., Love Comes Tumbling, and Wild Honey.

They could play Grace 10 times and I would still be jumping around like an idiot. I'm just glad that I get to see them twice on this tour after not being able to see them on the 360 tour. :)

MacPhisto!

:musicnote: Show me the way to go home

I'm tired and I want to go to bed

I had a little drink about an hour ago

And it's gone right to ... my ... head ... :musicnote:

• Like 1

Great music and live shows in the 80's. Joshua Tree is a fantastic album but I lost interest after that. That have a few good songs sprinkled throughout their albums since Joshua Tree.

I saw them a few years ago, with THE CLAW stage and I was bored. My friends who I went with felt the same.

As a huge U2 fan I'm VERY disappinted in the songs they are rehearsing so far. tired old warhorses, boring never played crap like One step Closer, worst song on the new album, Song For Someone.

Can't please everyone