Rush R40 Blu Ray Box Set this November

Bigbobby10

Seems there are 10 discs as all the original bonus discs are there as well. Would have preferred all the rarities and the Chronicles videos put together, remastered, remixed, refarted.....whatever.

I'm pretty sure all of the bonus material would fit on the accompanying Blu-ray concert disc. Blu-ray storage space is huge. No need for 10 discs.

Tracklist

Disc 1: Rush In Rio

Bonus features: The Boys In Brazil documentary, multi-angle versions of YYZ, O Baterista and La Villa Strangiato; By-Tor And The Snow Dog animation; Anthem (1975 performance)

Disc 2: R30

Bonus features: Interviews; 10 tracks from the Anthem vault; Rush Hits St John’s feature; Alex Lifeson Artist Of The Decade interview

Disc 3: Snakes & Arrows Live

Bonus features: Oh, Atlanta authorised bootlegs

Disc 4: Time Machine 2011 – Live In Cleveland

Bonus features: Outtakes; Need Some Love live at Laura Secondary School, 1974; Anthem live in 1976

Disc 5: Clockwork Angels Tour

Bonus features: Limelight soundcheck recording; three additional tracks; Can’t Stop Thinking Big documentary; behind the scenes feature; Family Goy; Family Sawyer; The Watchmaker; Office of The Watchmaker

Disc 6: Bonus Disc

Laura Secord Secondary School 1974 – details TBC

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-11/rush-r40-set-confirmed-at-last

Edited by savagegrace26

Is the dvd format being discontinued? I have started to notice that dvd players are beginning to get harder to come by. I really hope not because I don't know if I can upgrade my Macbook to have a blu-ray drive instead.

This release does nothing for me. I'm perfectly happy with dvd format, I have the concerts so don't need to buy them again, and there is not enough bonus material for me to buy it. I'm not usually negative about their releases as I like most of it, but this is just stupid.

Is the dvd format being discontinued? I have started to notice that dvd players are beginning to get harder to come by. I really hope not because I don't know if I can upgrade my Macbook to have a blu-ray drive instead.

This release does nothing for me. I'm perfectly happy with dvd format, I have the concerts so don't need to buy them again, and there is not enough bonus material for me to buy it. I'm not usually negative about their releases as I like most of it, but this is just stupid.

You know, you can buy a extern blu-ray disc reader for your Mac.

Or you can just do the easy thing, and buy a TV + Bluray player!

You know, you can buy a extern blu-ray disc reader for your Mac.

Or you can just do the easy thing, and buy a TV + Bluray player!

I'm trying my best not to have a TV enter my home. Haven't had one in 7+ years now and I can barely figure out to use a remote control anymore ;). An extern blu-ray player could be a viable option but the less cable clutter I can have the better. I'm not even sure the resolution on my macbook can keep up with blu-rays? I guess this is just the price of being old school :)

Friends, if you have the "Beyond The Lighted Stage" doc in Blu-ray format, there are bits of why Rush In Rio will looks like (or not) in 16:9 crop in this format/resolution.

The Capitol Theater footage of the song Anthem that was released on Time Machine bonus are very bad shape. I thing this was before the Wolfgang's Vault surfaces with an brand new copy of this on the site. I hope that they use this new copy on R40 and enhance more the sound and video like i did and put on Youtube almost 2 years ago. If you liked this remastered footage and want this with more quality and better compression, i send now for the first time the original remastered videos that i uploaded on Youtube and now people re-uploaded frequently with a lot of recompression artefacts. So..

Original Raw Videos Remastered by Bruno Samppa Rush - Dec 10, 1976 at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ [LINKS].txt 1 KB

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZhwkUYBQ!ujTjPq3Aj0_q43AQiDzFfw59HB0572Yb6Y6D5Cr9BY0

The RiR audio should be remixed by Richard Chycki or David Botrill, mastered by Andy VanDette and presented on LOSSLESS audio on Blu-ray, not lossy Dolby. Well, and the Clockwork Angels sounds like shit, mainly by Adam Ayan who mastered the material and all sounds compressed at extremes and squashed. (Adam also mastered RiR). Bad profissional! If you hear the RiR tracks on the Working Men compilation CD mastered by VanDette, this sounds better than the Adam original version.

Edited by brunosamppa

But why is it nothing about this on Rush official site?

Its not official, thats what the post says at the bottom. Or at least it isn't official yet

Where does it say its not official?

On the bottom of the post on the website it says

"At this time, there has been no official word from Rush or its management on this release however word has it that this IS an official Anthem/Rush release."

But why is it nothing about this on Rush official site?

Its not official, thats what the post says at the bottom. Or at least it isn't official yet

Where does it say its not official?

On the bottom of the post on the website it says

"At this time, there has been no official word from Rush or its management on this release however word has it that this IS an official Anthem/Rush release."

Weird that its on Amazon then, but not on Rush website...

Im gonna go to the chat room now, wanna join me?

Edited by YYZumbi

FWIW, this is what Rio looks like on an HDTV:

http://i.imgur.com/9uhywyS.jpg

If most of the footage was filmed in HD and downscaled, it should be easy to convert it to blu-ray. Worth buying the set for that alone IMO.

What a awesome Buzz Lightyear! :o Dident know they existed for real!

If most of the footage was filmed in HD and downscaled, it should be easy to convert it to blu-ray. Worth buying the set for that alone IMO.

What the f**k?

I'll try to force the real Santa to bring you one. :o :o

Edited by greyfriar

What the f**k?

There are about 6 in my kids' daycare center. I'll have my boy steal one for you.

• Like 2

What the f**k?

There are about 6 in my kids' daycare center. I'll have my boy steal one for you.

Does Woody exist as well?

What the f**k?

Does Woody exist as well?

Yes. And like in the movies, Buzz is cooler.

This can be appealing for me since I don't nave any of it on Blu-Ray, and now have a player....but I agree...re-releasing things like this just to set the bonus material is bad! (and the fact that there still isn't an official recorded version of anything from the Caress of Steel tour, OR a complete AFTK/Hemispheres era show!)

Friends, if you have the "Beyond The Lighted Stage" doc in Blu-ray format, there are bits of why Rush In Rio will looks like (or not) in 16:9 crop in this format/resolution.

The Capitol Theater footage of the song Anthem that was released on Time Machine bonus are very bad shape. I thing this was before the Wolfgang's Vault surfaces with an brand new copy of this on the site. I hope that they use this new copy on R40 and enhance more the sound and video like i did and put on Youtube almost 2 years ago. If you liked this remastered footage and want this with more quality and better compression, i send now for the first time the original remastered videos that i uploaded on Youtube and now people re-uploaded frequently with a lot of recompression artefacts. So..

Original Raw Videos Remastered by Bruno Samppa Rush - Dec 10, 1976 at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ [LINKS].txt 1 KB

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZhwkUYBQ!ujTjPq3Aj0_q43AQiDzFfw59HB0572Yb6Y6D5Cr9BY0

The RiR audio should be remixed by Richard Chycki or David Botrill, mastered by Andy VanDette and presented on LOSSLESS audio on Blu-ray, not lossy Dolby. Well, and the Clockwork Angels sounds like shit, mainly by Adam Ayan who mastered the material and all sounds compressed at extremes and squashed. (Adam also mastered RiR). Bad profissional! If you hear the RiR tracks on the Working Men compilation CD mastered by VanDette, this sounds better than the Adam original version.

Thanks for the videos!

I had them already, downloaded from youtube, but these are much better! :)