Rush R40 Blu Ray Box Set this November

Bigbobby10

I'm still waiting for Sector 2 Boxset to come down from $79 at JB Hifi. I plead, look no one else wants it in Hobart apart from me, bring the price down

Are you so damn cheap that you cant support the band when they are doing such a great work? Whats wrong with you...?

Unless you're joking, that is a terrible thing to say about someone. My god, what's the matter with you?

Im tired of everybody complaining that all Rush stuff is to expensive, its not like its free to make the stuff...

But you just got a slew of free bootlegs - audio and video.

So what if I collect bootlegs? I still buy ALL official stuff with Rush, whatever the price is!

How old are you?

Nevermind. 24.

Thought you might be younger...

Thats completely irrelevant to anything about this post, did you say that just to annoy him?

I'm still waiting for Sector 2 Boxset to come down from $79 at JB Hifi. I plead, look no one else wants it in Hobart apart from me, bring the price down

Are you so damn cheap that you cant support the band when they are doing such a great work? Whats wrong with you...?

Unless you're joking, that is a terrible thing to say about someone. My god, what's the matter with you?

Im tired of everybody complaining that all Rush stuff is to expensive, its not like its free to make the stuff...

So what if I collect bootlegs? I still buy ALL official stuff with Rush, whatever the price is!

How old are you?

Nevermind. 24.

Thought you might be younger...

Thats completely irrelevant to anything about this post, did you say that just to annoy him?

No. I just thought he might be younger...

Not everyone has the money to do that, Zumbi. Some of us have responsibilities that are more important than padding the already heavily padded bank accounts of Alex, Geddy and Neil.

• Like 5

Not everyone has the money to do that, Zumbi. Some of us have responsibilities that are more important than padding the already heavily padded bank accounts of Alex, Geddy and Neil.

Zumbi is an aristrocrat. Maybe even a prince of some kind. He might be royalty.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but that is a really f***ing stupid thing to say. He didn't complain that it was too expense (even though it clearly is). He said he's waiting for the inevitable price drop. Not everyone can afford to buy anything they want at whatever price point, regardless of the underlying value of the thing.

Furthermore, inthe instant case the only things that need to be paid for are the mastering, mixing, packaging and logistics. The albums were already made and available at a cheaper price individually than he's being asked to pay for it.

If you're going to act like a trollish and condescending rich kid, try not be ridiculously ignorant while doing it.

If you had any sense of decency you'd offer an apology.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 4

I'm sorry, but that is a really f***ing stupid thing to say. He didn't complain that it was too expense (even though it clearly is). He said he's waiting for the inevitable price drop. Not everyone can afford to buy anything they want at whatever price point, regardless of the underlying value of the thing.

Furthermore, inthe instant case the only things that need to be paid for are the mastering, mixing, packaging and logistics. The albums were already made and available at a cheaper price individually than he's being asked to pay for it.

If you're going to act like a trollish and condescending rich kid, try not be ridiculously ignorant while doing it.

:goodone: Well said.....
  • Like 4

YYumbi you need to take a chill pill mate, I reckon I've bought more Rush material than you have.

Led Rush, it doesn't ship to Australia, thanks for the link.

Edited by tas7

I have bought 4 versions of the dvds of ESL, GUP, SOH, 2 of R30 and have all the Blu-Rays. Am i going to buy this for the extra blu-rays, which i have seen a portion of it and the upgrade of RIR who was not initially recorded in HD? This box-set is for those who are new to the the band, or don't have the Blu-Rays, a small portion of them or those who don't care to spend 100$ for two disks. Everyone has his reason to buy, it's just that it could be frustrating for those who have everything to pay that for 2 disks. I will get this around 60$ someday or i'll wait to see a separate releases in the future.
  • Like 4

RUDT, Rush is treated almost like an imported group in Australia so the price for their material is high. If the Aussie dollar is high then I buy from the UK or USA but the dollar is low at the moment.

RUDT, Rush is treated almost like an imported group in Australia so the price for their material is high. If the Aussie dollar is high then I buy from the UK or USA but the dollar is low at the moment.

After November 11th we will have some footage on YouTube to make the wait more tolerable...

• Like 2

For some reason I can't quote people. The Sector 2 boxset in question has been on the shelf since its release three years ago yet the price has remained the same.

Which really sucks for you as I bought mine for $35 on amazon. What a shame. AFTK in 5.1 is quite marvelous.

Everyone here supports the endeavours of Rush in their own way. We are all quite fanatical when it comes to the band, but does that mean we throw money out the window when the price of their material is too high? Rush are quite the thinking mans band. Should we blindly throw our hard earned money at anything they offer? I have all the discs in the R40 box already. However I would like to have the Blu rays. Can I justify the expense, when my 13-month old daughter needs new clothes every couple of weeks? Or when my son wants to continue his swimming lessons? To say that someone is not a fan of the band because they don't pay any price is incredibly naive, and more than a little arrogant. I have followed Rush all over the world, finances allowing. The day I let someone make me feel bad because I'm not shelling out ridiculous prices for their work is the day I hang it up. Who are we to judge what kind of fans others are? Just enjoy the music, and stop letting your mouth get you in trouble

• Like 2

Everyone here supports the endeavours of Rush in their own way. We are all quite fanatical when it comes to the band, but does that mean we throw money out the window when the price of their material is too high? Rush are quite the thinking mans band. Should we blindly throw our hard earned money at anything they offer? I have all the discs in the R40 box already. However I would like to have the Blu rays. Can I justify the expense, when my 13-month old daughter needs new clothes every couple of weeks? Or when my son wants to continue his swimming lessons? To say that someone is not a fan of the band because they don't pay any price is incredibly naive, and more than a little arrogant. I have followed Rush all over the world, finances allowing. The day I let someone make me feel bad because I'm not shelling out ridiculous prices for their work is the day I hang it up. Who are we to judge what kind of fans others are? Just enjoy the music, and stop letting your mouth get you in trouble

You stuck with the band through Counterparts, even going so far as to like the band. No one can question that you're a fan. If anything, I worry that there isn't some sort of Stockholm Syndrome going on with respect to you and the band.

• Like 1

You stuck with the band through Counterparts, even going so far as to like the band. No one can question that you're a fan. If anything, I worry that there isn't some sort of Stockholm Syndrome going on with respect to you and the band.

LedRush, there's no hope for me, is there? Maybe I can find a support group for people like me: Counterparters anonymous

• Like 2

The T4E footage looks great...why didn't they just release the whole damn show???

They had issues making the Audio match up with the Video. And these are the songs they were able to make work.

No. I initially thought that but every song on the bonus disc (aside from Limelight) has never had a live video release so it's pretty obvious that they deliberately selected these songs. Maybe they were only willing to pay to fix the songs that haven't already been released. All the other songs from the show have had a live video release in one form or another.

i think this is partially true. clearly, something happened with this show and it was canned. i think the performance or the vocal was not very good so they couldn't release a partial til now....its crap. give it all to us!!!!!

there is no way that its a synch issue. there are so many bootlegs out there with video from one source and audio from another that lay people synch up fine....that makes NO sense at all if you know anything about this stuff and i know very little.

better than nothing.

rock on.