Say Something Nice

x1yyz

Like many of our mothers told us, say something nice or don't say anything at all. Let's do something in contrast to all the negativity and member bashing and instead say something nice about another TRF member. Please, no backhanded compliments.

I'll start...

I think it's wonderful how Troutman honors the WWII soldier whose grave he found while out hiking.

• Like 3

This thread doesn't suck nearly as bad as most of the ones you start

:outtahere:

Uh, yeah. That's not a compliment. Nice of you to show your true colors.

I thought he was joking. He is too nice of a man to be that snarky.

This was my first personal interaction with him so I don't know him as a nice guy.

Like many of our mothers told us, say something nice or don't say anything at all. Let's do something in contrast to all the negativity and member bashing and instead say something nice about another TRF member. Please, no backhanded compliments.

I'll start...

I think it's wonderful how Troutman honors the WWII soldier whose grave he found while out hiking.

I will like to thank you for giving Zumbi a chance when not many other did. Even when it didn't work it showed compassion for a fellow human being, and that always deserves recognition :)

• Like 3

This was my first personal interaction with him so I don't know him as a nice guy.

Your first personal interaction with me? What about the hundreds of likes you have given me? I thought you got my stupid sense of humor

• Like 2

I usually compliment Goose or Narpski so they can do without my compliments today ;). I will instead say thanks to Troutman for being good TRF company. :cheers:

Hey TAG - dunno if you're a big fan of Sting / Paul Simon, but they just announced a European tour. My wife and I went, and had a great time. Those two really put on a great show and had fun on stage together.

Is that a nice enough statement for you x1yyz? :P

• Like 3

I usually compliment Goose or Narpski so they can do without my compliments today ;). I will instead say thanks to Troutman for being good TRF company. :cheers:

Hey TAG - dunno if you're a big fan of Sting / Paul Simon, but they just announced a European tour. My wife and I went, and had a great time. Those two really put on a great show and had fun on stage together.

Is that a nice enough statement for you x1yyz? :P

I know a little Sting and that one hit with Paul Simon, but if they come by Denmark and the tickets aren't too expensive and the concert is on a weekend, I might go :P

I'll start...

Thats very kind of you. :)

To all of those here who truly love and appreciate what Rush has accomplished through out there career. Regardless of tunes they might not really really care for. Also the wonderful folks I have met in person. :ebert: :rush:

• Like 3

Your first personal interaction with me? What about the hundreds of likes you have given me? I thought you got my stupid sense of humor

Look at this whole fun interaction we recently had....

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/89239-junior-year-of-high-school-tomorrow/page__st__20#entry3262536

I'm truly sad you so quickly forgot how awesome I am.

• Like 1

Look at this whole fun interaction we recently had....

http://www.therushfo...20#entry3262536

I'm truly sad you so quickly forgot how awesome I am.

Truly awesome. :yes: :yes: :yes:

• Like 1

I don't believe we've ever had a conversation with one another before, which is what I meant.

I will not stop at one person. I will do my whole "Friends" list, as they are all wonderful (and I am quite bored right now).

Babycat is one of the kindest and most selfless people I have ever known.

Brucey is a young dude more sensible than most of the older fools here (like me), as is evident from him recently warming up to Close to the Edge.

Citizen of the World has been a really cool fellow to converse with in the few chances we've had.

GeddysMullet is a blast to hang out with and the best confidante.

Janie has great taste in literature and the coolest avatar(s) on the site.

LedRush is the best fellow-nerd to talk old-school video games with.

Lorraine seems to be the only person around here besides me awesome enough to appreciate Annie Haslam.

Narpski can be really funny, and there's no one better at incorporating the great Shawshank Redemption into conversations.

Nate2112 is a fiery lad who doesn't let a bad situation get him down.

I can tell that RushYesZeppelin is going to accomplish some really great things. Just watch!

RushChick10 is one of the toughest and hardest-working people I know.

Segue Myles is a likable, goofy guy who occasionally displays true brilliance.

ThatLightinYourEyes is a very creative person with true writing ability.

Ya_Big_Tree is THE go-to person for wisdom regarding health, hockey, or Porcupine Tree.

I first became buds with Your_Lion due to similar musical tastes, but now I respect him for being an all-round awesome dude.

absolution97 seemed nice the one or two times we spoke.

blackhawkrush is very helpful and roots for the best hockey team in the world.

crimsonfrippy laughs in the face of rogues and brings cheer to those who are frigid of heart.

greyfriar is automatically cool being that he's familiar with the brilliance of Archangel's Thunderbird, but he's a very thoughtful dude as well.

hobo73 was a lot of fun to talk to when she was around.

There's no one I'd rather play word games with—or do horribly in football pools with—than laughedatbytime.

losingit2k is a great guy to go to for advice on making setlists.

rushgoober created a lot of great musical threads back in the day.

sitboaf is an amiable, open-minded fellow, fun to talk music with.

thegirlintherushshirt is very talented artistically and a very fun person to have on the board.

treeduck is almost as awesomely insane as I am, and has introduced me to a lot of music that I truly love.

yyz211282 is good at coming up with game threads.

This was my "nice post" for the year.

Edited by Cyclonus X-1
  • Like 13

Narpski's one of the nicest coolest dudes i've met. I just wanna kick back and shoot the shit with him. and make fun of VT endlessly, lol.

He's the only dude i know who seems to enjoy it when i rip into albums, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Narpski's one of the nicest coolest dudes i've met. I just wanna kick back and shoot the shit with him. and make fun of VT endlessly, lol.

Mick

Agreed :LOL: Mick makes me feel like a true @hole for complaining about my health problems. He has a true crippling sitution and you would never know it and he is to be admired for that in my view. A true inspiration and a great guy. :cheers: my brother...
  • Like 4

Mick

Agreed :LOL: Mick makes me feel like a true @hole for complaining about my health problems. He has a true crippling sitution and you would never know it and he is to be admired for that in my view. A true inspiration and a great guy. :cheers: my brother...

You are an A-hole.......but i still love you :D ;)

and thanks......i try my best

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2