Rush Vanity License Plates

Empty Mindless Spectre

XANADU1?..... :wub: :huh:

Actually XANADU itself is available, but that whole Olivia Newton John thing pretty much rules this out for me. It's a shame because it would be a great choice otherwise.

Agreed. How bout GREASE then?.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

It would help to know what some of your favorite songs albums are.

MOVNPIC

VITLSGN

WICHHNT

CAMREYE

LIMLITE

RDBRCHT

TOMSWYR

Good suggestions, but I'm generally not crazy about the "missing letter" vanity tags.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

Not really a big fan of that song

(Force10 that is)

I was just thinking of Rush references that real fans would notice. Then TAISHAN wouldn't work then?.... Simply RUSHFAN :huh:

RUSHFAN is one I definitely thought about and like very much… EXCEPT for the fact that it could too easily be confused with something else. I'll refrain from commenting on that "something else" in order to avoid offending anyone who actually likes the guy.

Not really a big fan of that song

(Force10 that is)

I was just thinking of Rush references that real fans would notice. Then TAISHAN wouldn't work then?.... Simply RUSHFAN :huh:

RUSHFAN is one I definitely thought about and like very much… EXCEPT for the fact that it could too easily be confused with something else. I'll refrain from commenting on that "something else" in order to avoid offending anyone who actually likes the guy.

I agree it was a dumb idea to begin with. I wear alot of rush t-shirts and I get that crap from time to time....

RUSHYYZ

Too bad YYZ2112 is reserved. That's a good one.

I do like RUSHYYZ very much, but I like plain YYZ a little better. And thus I was resigned to go with YYZ.

YYZ2112, however, was always my first choice. So I decided to wait a little while to see if the person who had it "reserved" would actually follow through and order the tag. Turns out they did not. The reservation apparently expired sometime late last week, and I pounced on it! I reserved it for myself and went down to the DMV and ordered my vanity tag today. So I will have my tag in 4-6 weeks. I do feel a little bit bad about possibly snatching… errrr…. . "filching" it away from another Rush fan, but I really did want the tag, and I can't wait to get it on the back of my truck! :ebert:

• Like 1

Can it be all numbers?...

No…. being all numbers would make it not a vanity tag, as Delaware tags are issued as all numbers. Furthermore, low number tags can legally be sold and transferred, and are a actually pretty hot commodity in Delaware. While I'd love to have 2112, I don't want it bad enough to pay a couple thousand dollars (or more) for it.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

I guess BANGKOK wouldn't have worked?

Once again, not really Rush-specific enough (in my opinion). Since my first choice of YYZ2112 became available it is moot at this point anyway. I have already paid for and ordered my tag so it is a done deal now.

Can it be all numbers?...

No…. being all numbers would make it not a vanity tag, as Delaware tags are issued as all numbers. Furthermore, low number tags can legally be sold and transferred, are a actually pretty hot commodity in Delaware. While I'd love to have 2112, I don't want it bad enough to pay a couple thousand dollars (or more) for it.

Sounds like you got your tag anyway. I was thinking 1001001. If I were a Rush fan sitting behind your car I would know what came next. Enjoy your tag....

I guess BANGKOK wouldn't have worked?

Once again, not really Rush-specific enough (in my opinion). Since my first choice of YYZ2112 became available it is moot at this point anyway. I have already paid for and ordered my tag so it is a done deal now.

Well....I think BANGKOK would be a bad choice for other reasons :unsure:

Maybe 2112 but replace a number with a word. A few possibilities then:

TWO112

2ONE12

21ONE2

211TWO

211TOO

ALL NUMBERS MUST FOLLOW ALL LETTERS. (2112YYZ would not be allowed, nor would YY2112Z, but YYZ2112 would be allowed) - OP

ALL NUMBERS MUST FOLLOW ALL LETTERS. (2112YYZ would not be allowed, nor would YY2112Z, but YYZ2112 would be allowed) - OP

Yeah, but who reads the original post? Just read a few posts on the last page and reply... Much faster that way!