Why do 90% of forum members find negativity "more entertaining" than positivity?

len(songs)

Half the World loves negativity

Half the World loves positivity

Wait, that math doesn't work. But, as a shitty lyric, it somehow works.

• Like 5

Well played. Let me think on that one for a few. Never mind. Human nature it would seem to me. We don't have to want, desire or even acknowledge that side of us but its always there whether we like it or not.... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

Oops. Wrong thread....

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 3

Why do people find villains more entertaining in films and books?

Why do a lot of girls like bad boys and scumbags?

Finally a question. Two actually..... :)

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061201034354/memoryalpha/en/images/c/c2/Guardian_of_Forever%2C_2267.jpg

• Like 1

In real life, there are incentives for us to act positive... so we put on a happy face and struggle through the day never venting our frustrations.

The internet gives people an opportunity to get the bullshit out of their system with no consequences. That doesn't always mean people are just plain trolling or looking for trouble, but the anonymity of the internet just gives a lot of angry people a chance to let it out.

F**k them... that's what I say.

;)

• Like 4

It's the same way the Media works: disasters and killings on page 1, good news on page 43 bottom left.

Speaking of "alphas", I've always been fascinated by the way this forums works sometimes: every once in a while, a "pseudo-alpha" will come in and say: "Roll the Bones it's the worst piece of horseshit that ever went through my headphones!" and promptly, a bunch of guys will raise their heads and go, yeah, right on, well said mate. Then after a while another pseudo-alpha will come in and say: "Hey, RTB is an underrated masterpiece!!" and promptly, another bunch of guys (not the same, or maybe yes) will raise their heads and go, yeah, right on, well said mate. It's quite hilarious.

• Like 2

It's the same way the Media works: disasters and killings on page 1, good news on page 43 bottom left.

Speaking of "alphas", I've always been fascinated by the way this forums works sometimes: every once in a while, a "pseudo-alpha" will come in and say: "Roll the Bones it's the worst piece of horseshit that ever went through my headphones!" and promptly, a bunch of guys will raise their heads and go, yeah, right on, well said mate. Then after a while another pseudo-alpha will come in and say: "Hey, RTB is an underrated masterpiece!!" and promptly, another bunch of guys (not the same, or maybe yes) will raise their heads and go, yeah, right on, well said mate. It's quite hilarious.

Lol in my case this sounds like me...but only because I am still quite new to Rush and I find the music evolves over time as it gets its way into my heart...some albums, like Roll The Bones initially impressed me, and then quickly wore off. Others, like Power Windows and Hemispheres, left me cold at first only to then really grow on me to the point that both rank in my top fuve Rush albums!

• Like 2

Lol in my case this sounds like me...but only because I am still quite new to Rush and I find the music evolves over time as it gets its way into my heart...some albums, like Roll The Bones initially impressed me, and then quickly wore off. Others, like Power Windows and Hemispheres, left me cold at first only to then really grow on me to the point that both rank in my top fuve Rush albums!

You have seen the light, son. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :P :P

• Like 1

In real life, there are incentives for us to act positive... so we put on a happy face and struggle through the day never venting our frustrations.

The internet gives people an opportunity to get the bullshit out of their system with no consequences. That doesn't always mean people are just plain trolling or looking for trouble, but the anonymity of the internet just gives a lot of angry people a chance to let it out.

F**k them... that's what I say.

;)

You slut

It's not just here, it's society. How much of the news is bad stuff? Murders, car crashes, robberies, etc. It's what we as a society want and the TV execs know that so they keep feeding it to us. "She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye".

It's not just here, it's society. How much of the news is bad stuff? Murders, car crashes, robberies, etc. It's what we as a society want and the TV execs know that so they keep feeding it to us. "She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye".

Eye on the TV

Cause tragedy thrills me

Whatever flavor it happens to be

Killed by the husband"

"Drowned by the ocean"

Shot by his own son

She used a poison

In his tea

And kissed him goodbye

That's my kind of story

It's no fun until someone dies

Don't look at me like