I bet in Cam Newton don't make it past week 5 before missing time.

:eyeroll:

Congrats Bronkhoes. See you still have a good pass rush. And see you still like cheap shots. Nice running game tonight tho. And your new QB played well.

Too bad Panthers had to watse a timeout to get the ref to put the ball In the right spot. And of course too bad we missed a game winning FG.

Thought we moved the ball well. Too many penalties against a good defense tho. Was disappointed in the defense. Seemed like like they were surprised on several of the running plays.

Good game.

Just week 1, or are they "letting them play"? Some blatant offensive holds that were not called, a number of helmet to helmet hits on Newton not called....

The helmet to helmet hits have to be called. Every hold should not be called, but ones that have an obvious effect on the success of a play should be called.

• Like 1

Congrats Bronkhoes. See you still have a good pass rush. And see you still like cheap shots. Nice running game tonight tho. And your new QB played well.

Too bad Panthers had to watse a timeout to get the ref to put the ball In the right spot. And of course too bad we missed a game winning FG.

Thought we moved the ball well. Too many penalties against a good defense tho. Was disappointed in the defense. Seemed like like they were surprised on several of the running plays.

Good game.

I haven't got a dog in that fight, but the bottom line is that Carolina's offensive line was not playing up to a standard that enables Cam Newton's style of play. Maybe the Broncos' pass rush just overwhelmed them, but if he's taking shots anything like he took last night, he will not last. Modern NFL defenses are just too physical for a QB to be taking those shots over and over.

The helmet to helmet hits have to be called.

That would result in at least 20 penalties a game.

It is impossible to eliminate helmet to helmet contact in a football game. When Newton got sacked, the defender was face to face with him. He didn't lower his helmet during the sack. It was incidental contact. Running backs get incidental hits in the helmet all the time, but nothing is called. Why treat quarterbacks differently?

It is impossible to eliminate helmet to helmet contact in a football game. When Newton got sacked, the defender was face to face with him. He didn't lower his helmet during the sack. It was incidental contact. Running backs get incidental hits in the helmet all the time, but nothing is called. Why treat quarterbacks differently?

QBs and WRs are treated differently.

Knowing what I do about concussions, I think the gameplay will have to change or the game will die. I already see the effects at the youth level, less kids playing now will lead to a lower level of talent making it to the NFL eventually. Many parents tell us concussions are a big reason their kid is playing basketball or baseball instead of football.

Repeated small hits do just as much long term damage as one big concussion causing hit.

That is the problem. The NFL is making it clear that the health of certain players is more important than that of other players. When we add in the inconsistent rulings made on the field, we get valid charges of favoritism and discrimination.

If NFL policy is to protect the health of QB's and WR's more than the health of other players, then the NFL is a big pile of hypocrisy. They're setting themselves up for endless lawsuits.

That is the problem. The NFL is making it clear that the health of certain players is more important than that of other players. When we add in the inconsistent rulings made on the field, we get valid charges of favoritism and discrimination.

If NFL policy is to protect the health of QB's and WR's more than the health of other players, then the NFL is a big pile of hypocrisy. They're setting themselves up for endless lawsuits.

exactly.

The repeated small hits the RB takes over the course of a game are just as damaging(if not more) long term as the one or two big hits the QB/WR take

It's all for show

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

What I need to know is how they can justify not pulling Newton out of the game in the last minute after that hit to the head. They claim they conferred on the sideline and decided it wasn't a concussion causing hit. Then why is it a penalty?

What I need to know is how they can justify not pulling Newton out of the game in the last minute after that hit to the head. They claim they conferred on the sideline and decided it wasn't a concussion causing hit. Then why is it a penalty?

Helmet to helmet does not need to cause a concussion to get called. But from what I saw sitting at home, I'd wager he had a concussion. He laid on the ground for a while, and was obviously struggling to focus after getting up.

Helmet to helmet does not need to cause a concussion to get called. But from what I saw sitting at home, I'd wager he had a concussion. He laid on the ground for a while, and was obviously struggling to focus after getting up.

Missed my point. You can't tell by looking At the hit if someone has a concussion no matter how long you went to medical school. That's why there is concussion protocol. That's why they flag the hits.

Good game.

I haven't got a dog in that fight, but the bottom line is that Carolina's offensive line was not playing up to a standard that enables Cam Newton's style of play. Maybe the Broncos' pass rush just overwhelmed them, but if he's taking shots anything like he took last night, he will not last. Modern NFL defenses are just too physical for a QB to be taking those shots over and over.

Well yes, even tho Newton is a durable QB, Panther fans hope he doesn't take a shot in his ear hole like that every week. Panther OL is sound. They weren't overwhelmed, they were beat on a number of occasions which a top notch defense like Denver will do. We lost by 1 point, my Cam hating friend, and 8 times out of 10 that FG would have been good. Denver was fortunate.

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What about them Raiders Duck? :madra:

:cheers:

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What about them Raiders Duck? :madra:

:cheers:

Our defense was bearing many gifts, like that 75 yard running play...

Good game.

Well yes, even tho Newton is a durable QB, Panther fans hope he doesn't take a shot in his ear hole like that every week. Panther OL is sound. They weren't overwhelmed, they were beat on a number of occasions which a top notch defense like Denver will do. We lost by 1 point, my Cam hating friend, and 8 times out of 10 that FG would have been good. Denver was fortunate.

well you may be right, ken. Sacked 7 times in a ugly loss to minn this week. vikings have really good pass rush too so hoping that was it . :scared: