Junior Year of High School Tomorrow

Nate2112

My junior year sucked big time (but my senior year was worse :LOL: ) .....

Highlights: I had a good year on the ball field. I discovered Rush (and many others). Didn't take up smoking and didn't do drugs (yet) despite the great temptation.

Low lights: To many pimples. No women (that trend continued till I was almost 19). Shy, awkward and withdrawn. Hated school so I did average at best even though I was smart enough to do well. Knew the cool people but really wasn't one. Was more of a jock than a "head" but was really neither. My room and my tunes were my safe haven and I spent much time there.....

• Like 1

Junior year is when we moved from big-city Chicago to a small Milwaukee suburb. Rock music and dancing were illegal at my new school, and I hard trouble fitting in. I fought against this bible-thumping minister to get the ordinance repealed in time for prom.

Geeze, had you moved back into the 1800s? :(

He's being silly. He's talking about Kevin Bacon's character in "Footloose" from 1984. There was a remake recently.

Oops, I never saw that.

Sorry for goofing around...

One thing I'll never forget from my junior year is when I ditched school... I talked my best friend into letting me take his dad's Ferrari out. We went and picked up my girlfriend and spent one hell of a day bumming around Chicago. I even ate pancreas for lunch and performed in a parade.The day ended with tragedy though, my friend wrecked his dad's car.

• Like 8

Junior year is when we moved from big-city Chicago to a small Milwaukee suburb. Rock music and dancing were illegal at my new school, and I hard trouble fitting in. I fought against this bible-thumping minister to get the ordinance repealed in time for prom.

He's being silly. He's talking about Kevin Bacon's character in "Footloose" from 1984. There was a remake recently.

Oops, I never saw that.

One thing I'll never forget from my junior year is when I ditched school... I talked my best friend into letting me take his dad's Ferrari out. We went and picked up my girlfriend and spent one hell of a day bumming around Chicago. I even ate pancreas for lunch and performed in a parade.The day ended with tragedy though, my friend wrecked his dad's car.

Is your name Abe Froman? :D

• Like 2

I will never forget working my way through high school as a caddy at a local private golf course. I drank so many cokes my dad thought I was I was a diabetic. There were some pretty wacky characters there including one of the greenskeepers. He was kinda scary. I was banging my girlfriend who had a weird accent and thought I got her pregnant but thankfully it turned out to be a false alarm. Long story short I won the annual caddy tournament and got some money for college even though I really wasn't sure I wanted to go anyway. Somebody blew the whole damn course to smithereens right as my winning put dropped in the caddy tournament. It was some crazy sh*t to be sure. Wild summer it was. Geez....
  • Like 3

On a serious note about being 16 and a junior in high school... let's see, I remember doing ok in school and having a strong interest in my literature classes. I had this amazing teacher who I had to go out of my way to ask to be in his class. The school hated him, he was a real hippy but I owe so much to him. (Even wrote him a letter just a few years back about the influence he had on my life and heard back from him! We had a nice little exchange.) I broke out in chicken pox in October that year and had to take the entire month of October off from school (they were THAT bad). Got my first job. Started dating my first serious boyfriend who was someone, as a freshman, I had a massive crush on. He was a senior, I was a freshman and he didn't even once look my way but two years later he was asking friends for my phone number. Was starting to get serious about college and was generally a good girl.

With mega awesome hair.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/001_zps2f091258.jpg

Plus, that was the year I got serious about Rush and my crush on Alex Lifeson.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 6

Oops, I never saw that.

Your friend should have been more careful when parking the car.

Junior year was great because that was the year of my first Rush concert!

Me too! Power Windows Tour! :haz:

same here. Got the album early in the academic year when it was released and saw the concert in April of 1986.

Here's me in February 1986 at Penn Station in New York City when our class arrives:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/kellyparis/me-1.jpg

And two friends before we went to Studio 54:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/kellyparis/luke_kim.jpg

Oops, I never saw that.

:o The sausage king of Chicago?!?

• Like 3

Oops, I never saw that.

I'm the sausage king everywhere I go!

Oops, I never saw that.

The last time somebody grabbed my sausage...I had to get remarried.

• Like 2

Oops, I never saw that.

The last time somebody grabbed my sausage...I had to get remarried.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/1/3/9/6/4/4/1/1/orig-13964411.jpg

• Like 1

Oops, I never saw that.

Your friend should have been more careful when parking the car.

http://www.starmap.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Ferris-Bueller-Ferrari_Crash.jpeg

• Like 2

Junior year was great because that was the year of my first Rush concert!

Me too! Power Windows Tour! :haz:

same here. Got the album early in the academic year when it was released and saw the concert in April of 1986.

Here's me in February 1986 at Penn Station in New York City when our class arrives:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/kellyparis/me-1.jpg

And two friends before we went to Studio 54:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/kellyparis/luke_kim.jpg

Oh god... the 80s...

:LOL:

yeah, that pic is of Luke and Kim. She got that wild haircut in Greenwich Village when were there. You can't see it from this angle but the other side was a shaved checkerboard pattern. Luke is the one that somehow got us into that club. As you can see he was quite the dresser.

that was the year of my first Rush concert!

Mine, too.

My junior year of high school was a time when I had just started to come out of my shell, so to speak. I had been in a horrible depression for about three years prior to that, and when I was 16-17 years old just happened to be when I started to emerge from that, at least some. I got involved in some things and started working on-air in radio broadcasting at that time, which was something I enjoyed. That was about 1989-'90.

• Like 1