Junior Year of High School Tomorrow

Nate2112

wait a while.

I heard that in a "Red from Shawshank" voice.

One of my favorite lines from that fabulous movie. It always sticks in my head on occasions such as this....
  • Like 2

Junior year you're kind of in the twilight zone. Kind of a purgatory of sorts. You're not a cool senior but you're not at the bottom of the rung as a freshman or sophomore. My junior year was really ordinary.
  • Like 1

My junior year was mostly about growing up and being more mature in many ways. Things like phasing out of things that used to matter to me but no longer do and becoming more open minded were some of the things I remembered back then. But I think seeing Porcupine Tree live at their final American show at the start of that year and listening to Iron Maiden heavily were the two things I remembered most of that year.

I'm starting junior year of college tomorrow and my high school years (and especially middle school years) feel ancient to me.

my junior year was fantastic. my classes were easy and i had little homework. but my junior year only ended in june, and my senior year started last monday. good luck!
  • Like 1

My junior year in hs wasn't good at all. But Power Windows came out that fall which I was looking forward to. I was getting into bands like Black Sabbath and speed metal like Venom and Metallica. Besides Power Windows, I think the most played album on my turntable was Black Sabbath's "Master of Reality". I dabbled into some pot, read books on witchcraft. Everytime I hear "Sweet Leaf" on that Black Sabbath album, I get memories of smokin' weed and hanging with the crowd in the school's smoking area outside. I did have who would become my favorite English teacher of all time. In fact, I recently discovered my old journal that we had to keep in our class. Our assigned book for that year was "The Scarlet Letter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne. We would be assigned chapters to read and be ready to discuss it in class as well as write about certain topics related to the book. We had to put in three entries a week in our journal which she would read and give feedback on. We also had to read two books written by the same author and write an author critique. Later on, I went with students in the drama and fine art classes on a field trip to New York City. She was also a drama teacher. She bought me a pack of cigarettes when they wouldn't sell me any on the train. Well, in some ways, that year wasn't all bad.

Junior year was my hardest year by far. AP US History, Math Enhanced Physics were both very homework intensive and difficult (for a high school class, wait till college). That said, it was fun. Cross country was fun and from a guitarist's standpoint it had our best set list for show choir - we even made finals. Pops concert at the end of the year was a f***ing blast, I got to play I Believe In A Thing Called Love on stage with the boys choir :D

How was your Junior year (if you can remember that far?)

My Junior year was 34-35 years ago, but I remember it well. I had very few friends, so I was hanging out in the parking lot with the people who smoked, trying to make friends with people. HS was very difficult for me because I was one of the outcasts with no real friends, no one that was close to me. I cut a lot of classes because I really hated school; it was boring to me, and on top on that, I was very naive and didn't realize how important a higher education was. I ended up dropping out of HS halfway through my Junior year. I then took the HS equivalency test and got my diploma that way. I was age 16.

I haven't been in touch with anyone from HS since I was a teenager, and I have no nostalgia for it at all. I think that unless you happen to be one of the popular kids, HS is one of the hardest times in one's life.

Junior year was my hardest year by far. AP US History, Math Enhanced Physics were both very homework intensive and difficult (for a high school class, wait till college). That said, it was fun. Cross country was fun and from a guitarist's standpoint it had our best set list for show choir - we even made finals. Pops concert at the end of the year was a f***ing blast, I got to play I Believe In A Thing Called Love on stage with the boys choir :D

You're a guitarist so you got alot of chicks right?...... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Junior year is when we moved from big-city Chicago to a small Milwaukee suburb. Rock music and dancing were illegal at my new school, and I hard trouble fitting in. I fought against this bible-thumping minister to get the ordinance repealed in time for prom.
  • Like 3

:huh:

Don't remember much from HS other than I hated it. Couldn't wait to leave, go home, grab my bass and drop the needle on some Rush. Hemispheres album was on my turntable (yes, turntable) through most of HS.

Junior year is when we moved from big-city Chicago to a small Milwaukee suburb. Rock music and dancing were illegal at my new school, and I hard trouble fitting in. I fought against this bible-thumping minister to get the ordinance repealed in time for prom.

Geeze, had you moved back into the 1800s? :(

Have you ever been in a barn with your VW Beetle and were just so pissed off that you had to dance!

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Footloose-movie-05.jpg

Edited by KennyLee
  • Like 1

He's being silly. He's talking about Kevin Bacon's character in "Footloose" from 1984. There was a remake recently.
  • Like 1

I look back on my junior year with disgust. None of my good friends were in any of my classes, and I got stuck with subjects I had absolutely no interest in, like physics and "architecture" or some such nonsense. I did no work at all and was in serious danger of failing everything, but then I heroically kicked ass during the last couple of weeks and managed to pass.

You're a guitarist so you got alot of chicks right?...... :)

:LOL:

I had plenty of friends to be sure, but only one girlfriend since senior year of high school (we're still together)

He's being silly. He's talking about Kevin Bacon's character in "Footloose" from 1984. There was a remake recently.

Oops, I never saw that.

• Like 1

Jesus, where does time go?

No shit! And you're already a junior? It seems like only yesterday you were on here bragging about your first nocturnal emission. :LOL:
  • Like 3