Should Rush revisit HOLD YOUR FIRE on the next tour?

losingit2k

Pick your HYF Song for the next tour  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which songs should Rush drag ou tof the next tour?

I'd love to see Prime Mover and Turn The Page back in the set. The latter probably won't ever happen though considering how much rehearsing Geddy would probably have to do to get it at 100%, though the vocal line seems like something he'd have no trouble singing. Open Secrets is due for a live debut as well.

I don't know, I bet Geddy wouldn't have too much trouble with TTP. I think it's very possible

Geddy Lee (Bass Player, Nov/Dec 1988): "It's not the easiest thing (playing and singing at the same time) in the world to do. You have to put a lot of hours into practice. As a matter of fact, on this tour I had a major problem with "Turn The Page." It's a very busy bass part, and the vocal part doesn't really relate to it very much. Eventually I got it, but it took a lot of practice. You can do those things, but you have to practice them a lot. You have to split yourself, as they say. Split your hands. Split yourself in two really, and let your hands do something, and let your voice do the other."

Yeah, he'll have to rehearse, but he could definitely do it
  • Like 1

I just feel I'm ready for some deeper tracks from HYF. I felt it was a very strong album when it came out and expected to hear much more of it in the future but only F10, TTS and Mission made their sunsequent setlists. I hope the same doesn't happen to Clockwork Angels.

:scared:

Edited by losingit2k

god no, it's a terrible album

You think so? I used to think the same until just recently. It surprised the hell out of me. I am assuming you have heard it plenty to make your judgement....
  • Like 3

Since we've had an overdose of Force Ten during the last years, they could easily omit that one. I'd gladly hear Time Stand Still again, and would love to hear Lock and Key, as well as Open Secrets, live. As long as High Water and Tai Shan don't come out of the vaults, I'd be happy with a revisit of Hold Your Fire (though I'd grumble that they didn't revisit Counterparts!)

Prime Mover. For me, it was the highlight of the HYF group during the HYF tour. That song, while good on the album, was absolutely stellar played live. I don't think they've played it since the HYF tour. Edited by dtpoet
  • Like 1

Prime Mover. For me, it was the highlight of the HYF group during the HYF tour. That song, while good on the album, was absolutely stellar played live. I don't think they've played it since the HYF tour.

They haven't, and it's a real shame...

No need. We got enough on the last tour, thank you very much. But if they have to do it, just do something not on a concert CD yet.

we got one song from this album on the last tour.

That's enough. :outtahere:

• Like 2

I could go for hearing Turn The Page live, especially seeing as they would probably tweak it for the better.

Nothing else on HYF screams out to me. They've played a lot from the album in the last ten years, but I frequently skip those songs when they show up on the dvds.

I could go for hearing Turn The Page live, especially seeing as they would probably tweak it for the better.

Nothing else on HYF screams out to me. They've played a lot from the album in the last ten years, but I frequently skip those songs when they show up on the dvds.

Three songs is "a lot"?

• Like 1

For selfish reasons alone, i voted for the entire album.

Just come to my hometown and do a special gig just for me!

Hold Your Fire is classic Rush. The very best of the very best.

• Like 1

I voted for Time Stand Still, Prime Mover, and Turn The Page. TTP has a really hard bass line though, so Geddy won't play it anymore. I like Force Ten, but its been played enough on recent tours and Mission has been done recently so I'm good there. SECOND NATURE, TAI SHAN, AND HIGH WATER SHOULD NEVER BE PLAYED. THEY ARE THE 3 WORST RUSH SONGS EVER, AND TOTALLY TAINTED WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT ALBUM. Edited by GeddyLeeRoth