Worst Rush Album

furie

Snakes & Arrows or Vapor Trails... take your pick.

Vapor Trails is a Rush classic.

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

Lvcnx6-0GhA0

Sorry everyone, I can't figure out how to embed the video… but if you want a good laugh, go to this address:

73 revealed the secret to getting the video to show up: just remove the "s" from the "https" at the beginning of the URL. It will then post the little viewer box. Alternately, use the "Share" link in the middle of the YouTube page. It will give you a shortened URL that can be posted here.

73 revealed the secret to getting the video to show up: just remove the "s" from the "https" at the beginning of the URL. It will then post the little viewer box. Alternately, use the "Share" link in the middle of the YouTube page. It will give you a shortened URL that can be posted here.

So...

Edited by laughedatbytime

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

Lvcnx6-0GhA0

Sorry everyone, I can't figure out how to embed the video… but if you want a good laugh, go to this address:

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

Lvcnx6-0GhA0

So...

http://www.youtube....h?v=Lvcnx6-0GhA

Hrm, I wonder why it didn't work? You you have to add it with the little link button? Lemme give it a shot.

Edited by x1yyz

My bottom four Rush albums:

Roll The Bones

Test For Echo

Snakes And Arrows

Counterparts

I really like all four of these! So I prefer to use the phrase "least favourite" rather than "worst".

In the right frame of mind RTB can be immensely enjoyable as far as pop rock is concerned.

...We actually have the same bottom four :o

• Like 1

Okay, this is trying the URL under the Share link on the YouTube page, and adding it with the link button:

http://youtu.be/Lvcnx6-0GhA

Okay, so apparently *that's* how to do it!

No it isn't.

Listen, I came here for an argument, not contradiction.

Mmm, 'fraid not.

http://x3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/No+it+isn+t+_4edd822983407433d3cc0a15fbcf958e.jpg

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

How the hell is this a classic?

Has it hit any record sales? Anyone begging for that material to be played? What's the amazing track on that album?

Ghost Rider is one of the band's best. Perhaps not top 10, but still an amazing track that stands up very well against the best work they've done. Vapor Trails isn't in the top 5 for me, but it's better than quite a few albums.

• Like 2

Roll The Bones

Test For Echo

Snakes And Arrows

Counterparts

I really like all four of these! So I prefer to use the phrase "least favourite" rather than "worst".

In the right frame of mind RTB can be immensely enjoyable as far as pop rock is concerned.

We have the same bottom 2, and those are locked in for me. The others switch around a bit, but the PoW to Presto run would produce much of the next "least favorite" for me.

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

How the hell is this a classic?

Has it hit any record sales? Anyone begging for that material to be played? What's the amazing track on that album?

Ghost Rider is one of the band's best. Perhaps not top 10, but still an amazing track that stands up very well against the best work they've done. Vapor Trails isn't in the top 5 for me, but it's better than quite a few albums.

It sucks for me that there is some good stuff there that sounds so bad I just can't listen to it. Even the CA wall of sound doesn't bother me like VT does...

Roll The Bones

Test For Echo

Snakes And Arrows

Counterparts

We have the same bottom 2, and those are locked in for me. The others switch around a bit, but the PoW to Presto run would produce much of the next "least favorite" for me.

You're reading it backwards.

I vote Roll The Bones, but its still a good album. My main issues are that there is very little emotional weight to it, its very dry and contained. Ironically, this is the album that drew me back to Rush. I kinda put them on the back burner during HYF and Presto (years later I learned to appreciate these albums more—though, they still remain in the bottom half of any rankings). Second 'worst' album I would say is T4E. Though I do have a certain fondness for this album as well, but only give it a spin once every few years like RTB.
  • Like 1

Roll The Bones

Test For Echo

Snakes And Arrows

Counterparts

That's it Segue.....keep sending those mixed signals about RTB :LOL: It's awful.......it's WONDERFUL......It's good in the right frame of mind.

i'm sorry you just tickle me.....LMAO.

Mick

• Like 2

Roll The Bones

Test For Echo

Snakes And Arrows

Counterparts

That's it Segue.....keep sending those mixed signals about RTB :LOL: It's awful.......it's WONDERFUL......It's good in the right frame of mind.

Mick

RTB is one of those albums that I just cannot form an opinion on...

• Like 3

Roll The Bones

Test For Echo

Snakes And Arrows

Counterparts

Mick

That's actually sorta how I feel about Presto... It's bottom 5 but at the same time I never imagine it as one of the worst... it lacks identity but at the same time it's full out pop rock... I could go on and on.

Roll The Bones

Test For Echo

Snakes And Arrows

Counterparts

Mick

That's actually sorta how I feel about Presto... It's bottom 5 but at the same time I never imagine it as one of the worst... it lacks identity but at the same time it's full out pop rock... I could go on and on.

How does it lack identity? It seems to have a very unique and specific identity to me. It's magical realism done with music which is comepletely unique and original. Google "magical realism" if you don't know what it is.

• Like 1

The absolute biggest piece of shit Rush ever recorded... To me... Was not Presto (One of my favorites) or Roll the Bones, T4E (Top 12) or Vapor Trails (top 10) it's the debut. Only Working Man is good. Nothing else on the album but that.

Your age is not listed and its none of my business anyway but you must be relatively young at least compared to me anyway. I will probably be proven wrong shortly after I hit post but I can't imagine anyone who listened to the band starting in th 70's or even the 80's feeling that way. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way obviously but it would surprise me some... :)

You are correct, I am younger. I am not as wise (I don't want to say old. You're only old when you're dead) as you or any or any of the more experienced fans here. I do agree, if I had grown up when Rush was first starting I would be more in love with their 70's albums (not saying I don't love them). But because of when I was born, i first listened to their 80's albums and that's what made me fall in love with Rush. :) 2112 is my favorite 70's Rush song although.

The absolute biggest piece of shit Rush ever recorded... To me... Was not Presto (One of my favorites) or Roll the Bones, T4E (Top 12) or Vapor Trails (top 10) it's the debut. Only Working Man is good. Nothing else on the album but that.

Your age is not listed and its none of my business anyway but you must be relatively young at least compared to me anyway. I will probably be proven wrong shortly after I hit post but I can't imagine anyone who listened to the band starting in th 70's or even the 80's feeling that way. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way obviously but it would surprise me some... :)

You are correct, I am younger. I am not as wise (I don't want to say old. You're only old when you're dead) as you or any or any of the more experienced fans here. I do agree, if I had grown up when Rush was first starting I would be more in love with their 70's albums (not saying I don't love them). But because of when I was born, i first listened to their 80's albums and that's what made me fall in love with Rush. :) 2112 is my favorite 70's Rush song although.

Its all good. Starting with ATWAS and backtracking as I did in 77' it is impossible for me to not have fondness and apreciation for the debut... :codger:

Imagine there's no Presto...it's easy if you try.

No disk below it. Above it only the rest of their catalog. (Hey, it's not like Geddy can't cram a bunch of words into a line.)

• Like 1