Worst Rush Album

furie

Snakes & Arrows or Vapor Trails... take your pick.

Vapor Trails is a Rush classic.

Oh segue.....the planet you live on........you frighten me.

"backs away slowly"

"Waits for the inevitable opinion shift"

Mick

From start to finish I have learned to love the album. Every song is special.

And the extra special song? For me, Nocturne.

come on guys, liven up a bit! We all approach Rush from different perspectives! We love what we love! And all my favourite Rush albums, bar MP, which I've the moment I first pressed play, left me cold for the longest time. Heck! I remember finding both Permanent Waves and 2112 dull! A few weeks later I was absolutely hooked!

VT, Presto, HYF, and Signals are precious albums that took the longest to hook me.

I am now waiting for the inevitable moment when Hemispheres clicks into place and becomes a new obsession!

I like every Rush album, but it's between the debut and CA. CA is incredibly boring, I now prefer S&A to it. With the exceptions of the title track, The Wreckers, and The Garden CA is droll. At least Snakes has some decent melodies. The debut is nothing incredible but it's probably the greatest straight ahead 70s rock album ever. Sorry CA, you're the worst

Droll?

Well, I suppose that sense of humour IS just as individual as musical taste... :LOL:

Oops haha, I meant to say DULL

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

How the hell is this a classic?

Has it hit any record sales? Anyone begging for that material to be played? What's the amazing track on that album?

Rush fans have the Worst and unbelievably loose definition of the word classic.

Just tossing the word around, lol

Mick

To be honest I bet its no different with any bands fans. Journey fans (which I am one) probably think Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' is a classic too. Maybe it is. The definition is somewhat in the ears of the beholder...

• Like 2

Come on, you know you have that one album that you just can't get into, if not down right despise.

Which one is it and why.

I used to think Hold you fire was their worst. I just couldn't get into it. The whole synth thing was tired, they were in need of a change of direction. that's the album that showed it.

But i've been revisiting teh 90's stuff. I always liked (and still do) Counterparts. So I held Test 4 Echo in the same light, almost as a continuation. But with a couple of recent listens, I can see how T4E just doesn't hold up. How did i not see it before? Maybe I was just in a really good place at the time and everything seemed good.

So now I'm going to have to put Test For Echo at the bottom of the pile.

Well sir, I'm gonna have to disagree because Test For Echo is my favorite album and I'm the TRF ambassador for it so

My least fav is probably their debut. Or Clockwork Angels. Or Anything that's not AFTK-HYF + Counterparts/T4E

I should have said i barely consider the debut self titled a Rush album because no Neil

The absolute biggest piece of shit Rush ever recorded... To me... Was not Presto (One of my favorites) or Roll the Bones, T4E (Top 12) or Vapor Trails (top 10) it's the debut. Only Working Man is good. Nothing else on the album but that.

My bottom four Rush albums:

Roll The Bones

Test For Echo

Snakes And Arrows

Counterparts

I really like all four of these! So I prefer to use the phrase "least favourite" rather than "worst".

In the right frame of mind RTB can be immensely enjoyable as far as pop rock is concerned.

The absolute biggest piece of shit Rush ever recorded... To me... Was not Presto (One of my favorites) or Roll the Bones, T4E (Top 12) or Vapor Trails (top 10) it's the debut. Only Working Man is good. Nothing else on the album but that.

Your age is not listed and its none of my business anyway but you must be relatively young at least compared to me anyway. I will probably be proven wrong shortly after I hit post but I can't imagine anyone who listened to the band starting in th 70's or even the 80's feeling that way. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way obviously but it would surprise me some... :) Edited by Narpski

I don't like Hold Your Fire and I've tried so many times to get into it but most of the songs sound too cheesy and 80's to me. Kinda weird because I see a lot of love for that album.

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

How the hell is this a classic?

Has it hit any record sales? Anyone begging for that material to be played? What's the amazing track on that album?

Rush fans have the Worst and unbelievably loose definition of the word classic.

Just tossing the word around, lol

Mick

To be honest I bet its no different with any bands fans. Journey fans (which I am one) probably think Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' is a classic too. Maybe it is. The definition is somewhat in the ears of the beholder...

I know you're right.......but it's still a head scracher for me.

Mick

• Like 2

Your age is not listed and its none of my business anyway but you must be relatively young at least compared to me anyway. I will probably be proven wrong shortly after I hit post but I can't imagine anyone who listened to the band starting in th 70's or even the 80's feeling that way. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way obviously but it would surprise me some... :)

Or some people just aren't as susceptible to confirmation bias or groupthink as others.

Your age is not listed and its none of my business anyway but you must be relatively young at least compared to me anyway. I will probably be proven wrong shortly after I hit post but I can't imagine anyone who listened to the band starting in th 70's or even the 80's feeling that way. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way obviously but it would surprise me some... :)

Or some people just aren't as susceptible to confirmation bias or groupthink as others.

Thats probably what it is. I should have considered that myself...

Thats probably what it is. I should have considered that myself...

That's ok. I'm trying to remember a phrase about dogs and tricks but I can't recall what it is. I must be losing some brain cells.

Well that's a real head scratcher… Honestly, all of the songs on the debut album are probably more similar than any other album RUSH has ever done. :huh:

I consider Vapor Trails to be an unfinished album. Neither the original nor the remix are satisfactory. A blending of the two is required. I don't understand why they changed so many parts of the original songs with the remix. And the remix has too much reverb on some of the vocals that just sounds bad. I can't decide if that is worse than the muddiness of the original mix.

Odd, but I agree. A third mix is needed that corrects the faults of the other two. Either way though, still great tunes on the whole.

While I think that their self titled album is not that bad, it really pales in comparison to what came afterwards. But again, it's not a bad album. It would be the best album a lot of bands ever released if it wasn't a Rush album!

Well that's a real head scratcher… Honestly, all of the songs on the debut album are probably more similar than any other album RUSH has ever done. :huh:

:eyeroll: :zzz:

• Like 1