Worst Rush Album

furie

Caress of Steel. I love Bastille Day…I loathe everything else. It literally gets progressively worse (or regressively I suppose) with each track. That's the only album I truly hate, too. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a bad fan…

…Ah, whatever.

• Like 1

VT.......if puke had a musical equivalent that would be it......nothing redeeming at all about this shit ball.

Mick

You, goober and I could have had our own VT thread...

and the recently brainwashed Segue would be our opponent, lol

Mick

I would slice you all up to the rhythm of One Little Victory

• Like 2

I don't love the debut...but its beautiful in a seventies kind of way!

I really like half of Roll The Bones. But the other half is about as entertaining as a Spaghetti Lee post.

Test For Echo is kinda dreadful, BUT I LOVE IT!

Snakes and Arrows is the most boring Rush album. But I really dig the musicianship.

Soooooo....I will have to go for...erm...Snakes And Arrows (Roll The Bones is my least favourite...but SA is DULL!).

• Like 3

Either the drudgery of S&A or the thinness of Presto (which screams, errr, whispers, "lite rock favorites of the 80s, this is lite rock 104.3, WLIT,-FM", and wouldn't be out of place between Christopher Cross and Dan Fogelberg, with a couple of exceptions.)

Either the drudgery of S&A or the thinness of Presto (which screams, errr, whispers, "lite rock favorites of the 80s, this is lite rock 104.3, WLIT,-FM", and wouldn't be out of place between Christopher Cross and Dan Fogelberg, with a couple of exceptions.)

Don't insult Christopher Cross or Dan Fogelberg like that...at least they never PRETENDED to be a prog rock band while putting out ball-less wanna-be 80's europop.

• Like 2

Don't insult Christopher Cross or Dan Fogelberg like that...at least they never PRETENDED to be a prog rock band while putting out ball-less wanna-be 80's europop.

Both great artists

Oh god i hate to say this but clockwork angels worst rush album for me, by a long way actually, and thats in spite of some of the tracks on it being up there with the best the band ever recorded.

Bu2b is simply sensational progressive rush at their very best on cutting edge still showing the kids how its done, Caravan and the title track in same bracket really, as is the garden which could have been the band's final song for me. Headlong flight's a decent rocker for rush and the anarchist deserves its place, but the rest....

Seriously, i'm an old rush head who for decades has worshipped everything these guys have done and wouldn't change a single thing on any of their previous works but, the album clockwork angels is half rush brilliance and half utter rubbish really. So bad i had to create a playlist leaving the dud half out, making it now very listenable.

Soz about that i know a lot of you love CA and like i said some of the tracks are indeed superlative rush but, as a whole complete album, the sheer amount of sub standard rush included has to make it the worst rush album for me.

Least favorite? Something from PoW through RTB but I'll try to stick to "worst."

Worst? From PoW to T4E, using a process of elimination... PoW and HYF are good if you like that kind of thing (so I'm told); Presto and RTB have a pop sensibility that appeals to some (so I understand), leaving CP and T4E. Three or four salvageable songs each but at least CP sounds like they were moving forward, or somewhere at least, and it has Leave That Thing Alone. T4E, on the other hand, sounds like a band stagnating and in desperate need of an identity. Despite that I kind of like tracks 2-5, the winner for Worst Album goes to: Test for Echo.

And the suggestion that VT could be their worst album? C'mon, that's crazy talk! Hope that settles that ;) .

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Vapor Trails...by far

Vapor Trails, with all its faults, was the best thing the band did since Power Windows...mainly just because it was LISTENABLE (unlike shit such as "Face Up" and "The Speed of Love").

It's amazing that the band was able to redeem themselves after such bodacious bowels of bison bullshit.

• Like 3

My vote go to the live album Rush In Rio. It just sounds awful! I can never listen to it.

I cant say any studio album is bad, maybe Vapor Trails because of its mix, but Vapor Trails Remixed fixed it, Vapor Trails Remixed is one of my favorite Rush albums.

VT.......if puke had a musical equivalent that would be it......nothing redeeming at all about this shit ball.

Mick

Better than Clockwork Angels

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/dammmn-son.png

Yes that's a shitball too.

Mick

Thank you!!!

Nobody understands the mediocrity of CA except you and I

You and I

We Are strangers by one chromasome

A world of red neon

Body and soul

Alien Shore is better than anything post T4E

I thought you were going to make a point about how absolutely dreadful and cringeworthy those lyrics are. You went in a different direction.

• Like 1

Mick

Better than Clockwork Angels

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/dammmn-son.png

Yes that's a shitball too.

Mick

Thank you!!!

Nobody understands the mediocrity of CA except you and I

You and I

We Are strangers by one chromasome

A world of red neon

Body and soul

Alien Shore is better than anything post T4E

Yes the CA love is baffling. Since day 1 it's been baffling. it's NOTHING special.

Mick

Compared to PoW, HYF, Presto, Counterparts, and the dreadful and recent S&A, CA seemed like a godsend for many fans. Yes, the production is bad and the sound is too busy, but the songs and lyrics combination is very strong, which really can't be said about many of the band's last 10 efforts. That's why it's received so well.

Counterparts, obviously. Very little to like on this album other than the return of the guitar. Very few interesting songs musically, horrible lyrics, bad vocal melodies...it's just not good. I think they needed an album to get the transition from pop band to rock band right, so at least it served a purpose.
  • Like 1

Snakes & Arrows or Vapor Trails... take your pick.

Vapor Trails is a Rush classic.

• Like 3