Worst Rush Album

furie

I've actually never heard all of Presto, Test for Echo, Vapor Trails, and Snakes and Arrows. That's how much I struggle to get into them. Among what I have heard, I love The Pass (top ten Rush song for me), like Far Cry, and will listen to Workin' Them Angels and Armor and Sword. I cannot tolerate the rest.

I liked Counterparts when it came out, but now I find it unlistenable, too.

I liked portions of Clockwork Angels when it came out, but that was mostly because that was their next release after I became a mega fan again after a 25 year absence. I can no longer endure it, save for The Wreckers and Headlong Flight.

I'm kind of fond of Roll the Bones, for some reason.

I hope I make up for these callous opinions by affirming that each album from A Farewell to Kings through Signals ranks among my favorite albums of all time. :D

I think Roll the Bones has the most bad Rush songs, but half of the album is very good.

I think I listen to Caress of Steel the least.

So I think, Roll the Bones and Caress of Steel are Rush's worst albums. It's a tie.

The 1979 album previously unreleased called The Sexual Domination of ReRushed by Segue Myles. It's easily their worst album, no wonder it was unreleased!

This album is pure myth, but quite disturbing. :kisshug:

I'll agree on that! :hail: :finbar:

The 1979 album previously unreleased called The Sexual Domination of ReRushed by Segue Myles. It's easily their worst album, no wonder it was unreleased!

Just...want to say...anything related to me and sex of any kind right now is a major trigger for my health problems.

Not offended as you are awesome but...I saw this at the wrong time.

Just...want to say...anything related to me and sex of any kind right now is a major trigger for my health problems.

:oops:

• Like 1

Don't worry about it. Banter is fine. I saw this at the wrong time but I've laughed it off.

I like lots of the malinged albums:

The first album is 40 minutes of '70s hard rock greatness, I love stuff like Working Man, Before and After, and Here Again, I even like panned songs like Take a Friend and Need Some Love.

The second album is a transition between the Zeppelin stuff on Rush and the more unique, prog stuff later on. By-Tor And The Snow Dog and Anthem are top 20 songs, and I like all the other songs, except Rivendell, though Making Memories and Best I Can I don't like much (Best I can would sound better live though)

Caress of Steel is an awesome album! Bastille Day is a historical hard rock classic, I Think I'm Going Bald has a great riff and the lyrics aren't THAT bad (Actually a good reflection on getting old), Lakeside Park's a strong gentle ballad, The Necromancer is a top-notch prog epic, and TFOL has some weak points (Panacea, Diadects) but I love In The Valley, The Fountain, and No One at the Bridge!

I haven't heard much Vapor Trails, but I LOVE One Little Victory and Secret Touch. I also like Force Ten and Prime Mover from HYF (Hate Time Stand Still and Lock and Key) and like Dreamline and RTB sans rap section!

Can't think of a least favorite, haven't heard the full albums after Signals.

Edited by Eel Yddeg
  • Like 1

Don't worry about it. Banter is fine. I saw this at the wrong time but I've laughed it off.

:hail:

Roll The Bones, Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails are their worst and not for the same reasons...

Vapor Trails is by far the worst.

I feel sorry for real Rush fans who hate the debut.

Clueless.

How can anyone hate a Rush album? My least favorites are Caress of Steel and HYF, but there are songs on both of those albums that I love.

Vapor Trails is really poor. I would be hard pressed to name three good songs from the album..

Really? Go listen to One Little Victory, Earthshine, Nocturne, and Freeze.
  • Like 1

Caress of Steel. Just don't get it. Have tried for years to no avail.

I have to be in the right mood, but when I'm in that mood, the Necromancer is f***ing epic! :haz:

Vapor Trails is really poor. I would be hard pressed to name three good songs from the album..

Really? Go listen to One Little Victory, Earthshine, Nocturne, and Freeze.

And Secret Touch or Sweet Miracle.
  • Like 2