Kevin Anderson Writing "2113" Novela

cameraman2014

They should've stuck with 2112 and added a subtitle. 2112 is iconic, 2113 doesn't really roll off the tongue. They should go with something like "2112: The Revenge of Father Brown"

"2113: The Federation Strikes Back"

Meh.

Only hope is that we get a musical follow up.

Meh.

Only hope is that we get a musical follow up.

Good heavens, I hope not!

I hope that no new Rush music produced from 2012 forward will ever have any lame tie-ins with Kevin Anderson's grade school level prose and plotting.

• Like 4

Forget the stupid steam punk theme, it suits their recent "wall of sound" style too well. Strip the sound down, bring the synths back, and start writing sci-fi themed music again
  • Like 3

Strip the sound down, bring the synths back, and start writing sci-fi themed music again

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the abundance of, say, Power Windows. More like the amount of synth on AFTK Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 4

Strip the sound down, bring the synths back, and start writing sci-fi themed music again

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Personally I would love that. I'm tired of the same old same old antiestablishment religion music that we've been getting for so long. Now the synths I can take or leave. Years ago it would've screamed no but I've kind of gotten used to them.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Forget the stupid steam punk theme, it suits their recent "wall of sound" style too well. Strip the sound down, bring the synths back, and start writing sci-fi themed music again

You had it right until the sci-fi themed comment. Give me the 80's lyrics any day.

• Like 1

You had it right until the sci-fi themed comment. Give me the 80's lyrics any day.

Yes or lyrics like Anthem!

But I don't mind flying through the occasional black hole either

http://www.rushisaba...Clockwork-Lives

Plus Kevin and Neil are collaborating on a "sequel" to Clockwork Angels, called Clockwork Lives.

I thought that book already came out?

http://img2.imagesbn.com/images/141610000/141610168.JPG

That's funny. That book is listed as an autobiography of somebody that calls themselves Spaghetti Lee. All about his life and the content of posts he makes on internet message boards.

• Like 1

It seems like Neil has good literary taste based on his lyrical influences (well except for that Rand stuff but that's from 30+ years ago so it can be forgiven) so I don't really get his collaboration with this Kevin J Anderson guy. Honestly, I think it would be better if Neil took a stab at the fantasy prose himself. At least there would be an abundance of detailed descriptions of the flora and fauna of the fantasy environments. Tolkien did that and it made him a major success.

It seems like Neil has good literary taste based on his lyrical influences (well except for that Rand stuff but that's from 30+ years ago so it can be forgiven) so I don't really get his collaboration with this Kevin J Anderson guy. Honestly, I think it would be better if Neil took a stab at the fantasy prose himself. At least there would be an abundance of detailed descriptions of the flora and fauna of the fantasy environments. Tolkien did that and it made him a major success.

The Anderson/Peart collaboration just came from the fact that they're friends

• Like 1