I hate to bother everyone but...

KennyLee

I would love to see you guys if I were anywhere near where you were playing.

C'mon now… It isn't that far from Pittsburgh to Baltimore! It's worth the trip to see the best RUSH tribute band on the planet! If hadn't seen kRush before I would probably not be willing to make the jaunt down from Delaware, but having seen them several times now, I can't possibly miss another opportunity to see them perform. To any die hard RUSH fanatic who lives anywhere remotely in the area, I STRONGLY suggest getting your butt out to Fish Head Cantina Saturday night!

Krush is good indeed. Saw them at JB McGuiness back in June. Could say the same to all you "east coasters". It's not that far to Pittsburgh so you should check out Distant SIgnals (www.distantsignals.net) :)

• Like 1

Kenny, what time do you expect to start, roughly. I'd like to make it but would have to work around things that fall outside of the typical Rush obsession, like...family, responsibilities, life, etc. Things were simpler when my most difficult decision on a Saturday night was whether to get happy drinking Bass or Smithwicks.

I'm pretty sure they are scheduled to go on @ 9 PM, unless anything has changed since last weekend.

C'mon now… It isn't that far from Pittsburgh to Baltimore! It's worth the trip to see the best RUSH tribute band on the planet! If hadn't seen kRush before I would probably not be willing to make the jaunt down from Delaware, but having seen them several times now, I can't possibly miss another opportunity to see them perform. To any die hard RUSH fanatic who lives anywhere remotely in the area, I STRONGLY suggest getting your butt out to Fish Head Cantina Saturday night!

Krush is good indeed. Saw them at JB McGuiness back in June. Could say the same to all you "east coasters". It's not that far to Pittsburgh so you should check out Distant SIgnals (www.distantsignals.net) :)

Yeah, Pittsburgh is @ 5 hours from where I live in Delaware. That's just a bit too far… if it was only 4 1/2 hours or so I might think about it…. :P

• Like 1

Kenny, what time do you expect to start, roughly. I'd like to make it but would have to work around things that fall outside of the typical Rush obsession, like...family, responsibilities, life, etc. Things were simpler when my most difficult decision on a Saturday night was whether to get happy drinking Bass or Smithwicks.

I'm pretty sure they are scheduled to go on @ 9 PM, unless anything has changed since last weekend.

What was said/written last weekend?

Yeah, Pittsburgh is @ 5 hours from where I live in Delaware. That's just a bit too far… if it was only 4 1/2 hours or so I might think about it…. :P

I guess you didnt check the schedule on our website??? We are playing at State College in October which is at least 2 1/2 hour east of Pittsburgh, which should only be about 3 hours from Deleware (according to your statistics), which is well under your 4 1/2 hour cap

Edited by Distant Signals
  • Like 1

What was said/written last weekend?

Kenny told me last weekend (I saw him after their gig at the Kennett Flash) that they were scheduled to go on stage at 9:00 tonight. They were AWESOME last weekend by the way… seems like they get a little bit better each time I see them.

So they are playing before the AC/DC band then. That's what I need to know. Nothing against AC/DC but I'll be there for the Rush and didn't want to stand around for an hour and a half waiting for the main attraction. Thanks.

So they are playing before the AC/DC band then. That's what I need to know. Nothing against AC/DC but I'll be there for the Rush and didn't want to stand around for an hour and a half waiting for the main attraction. Thanks.

No problem. Yes that's correct, the AC/DC band is the headliner… but I'll be there for kRush as well. Works out fine for me I guess, as I have an hour ride home so I won't have get home too awfully late. I might stay for a few songs from High Voltage just to see how good they sound, but I'm certainly not staying for their whole show.

Just FYI, I'll be wearing a white RUSH baseball jersey from the 2011 Time Machine tour, so if you see me and would like to introduce yourself and say hello please feel free to do so. I totally understand if you aren't comfortable doing that, but just thought I'd throw it out there. I don't expect to end up being best friends or anything, but I always enjoy meeting other RUSH people.

No problem. Yes that's correct, the AC/DC band is the headliner… but I'll be there for kRush as well. Works out fine for me I guess, as I have an hour ride home so I won't have get home too awfully late. I might stay for a few songs from High Voltage just to see how good they sound, but I'm certainly not staying for their whole show.

Just FYI, I'll be wearing a white RUSH baseball jersey from the 2011 Time Machine tour, so if you see me and would like to introduce yourself and say hello please feel free to do so. I totally understand if you aren't comfortable doing that, but just thought I'd throw it out there. I don't expect to end up being best friends or anything, but I always enjoy meeting other RUSH people.

Sure, I'm planning on coming by. I'll look for you. Hopefully you're the only one wearing the Time Machine baseball T as I'd hate to walk up to the wrong person and say, "Hi, you must be the Empty Mindless Spectre." I'll either be wearing a Cinerama or Wire T (only band Ts I have left that aren't falling apart).

Sure, I'm planning on coming by. I'll look for you. Hopefully you're the only one wearing the Time Machine baseball T as I'd hate to walk up to the wrong person and say, "Hi, you must be the Empty Mindless Spectre." I'll either be wearing a Cinerama or Wire T (only band Ts I have left that aren't falling apart).

Sounds cool man. Sorry, guess I could have let you know my actual name is Bill.

Sorry, I've been beyond busy and haven't been on much. Thanks EMS for clearing up details in my absence!

It was a pleasure seeing you again EMS and meeting you Rutlefan. So sorry I didn't get the chance to talk much but the quick change-over on the stage made it impossible.

It wasn't packed but all the right people were there. We had a ball (like we always do) and the sound man enjoyed us (which always makes for a good night).

Thanks so much for coming out guys!

I guess you didnt check the schedule on our website??? We are playing at State College in October which is at least 2 1/2 hour east of Pittsburgh, which should only be about 3 hours from Deleware (according to your statistics), which is well under your 4 1/2 hour cap

I am going to try to catch this show. I do want to see you guys. Maybe I'll try to get some rats together for a road trip so someone can drive my drunk ass. :D

• Like 2

I am going to try to catch this show. I do want to see you guys. Maybe I'll try to get some rats together for a road trip so someone can drive my drunk ass. :D

They have 16 rooms to rent for the night, literally within stumbling distance of the bar (which is inside a bowling alley....) I beleve the price is $129 for the room, but hey have double beds so maybe you can split the cost. They also told me that weekend is Penn State "Parents Weekend" so it might fill up quickly. Just an FYI

Sorry, I've been beyond busy and haven't been on much. Thanks EMS for clearing up details in my absence!

It was a pleasure seeing you again EMS and meeting you Rutlefan. So sorry I didn't get the chance to talk much but the quick change-over on the stage made it impossible.

It wasn't packed but all the right people were there. We had a ball (like we always do) and the sound man enjoyed us (which always makes for a good night).

Thanks so much for coming out guys!

Hmmmm…. I could certainly be talked into such a road trip!

• Like 1

Just have to say, for the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen these guys, that I saw this Saturday's show and they are fantastic! The YouTube videos (as good as they are) don't come close to doing them justice. Musicianship is beyond excellent, and Kenny's voice is perfectly suited to the music (is it blasphemy to say that I almost prefer it to Geddy's? I was listening to ESL when I got to the place, so the first thing I heard in my car after the show was Geddy singing "So the Maples formed a union..." in that really high Hemispheres register and couldn't help but think that I liked Kenny's voice more :o .) Anyway, I'll be seeing them next time they're around for sure, and next time I'll drag some of my Rush-averse pals along. They'll see what they've been missing. I was on the fence about going beforehand; I am so glad went.

I hope it's not a state secret but I thought I'd offer the play list because it was amazing. No songs from all those albums that confuse me, just prime Rush for someone who grew up in the '70s. I was told by a regular (fun meeting you Bill, hope I see you September) that this set list was more geared towards their classic stuff than usual, probably because they were preceding an AC/DC band, but whatever the reason, no complaints from me.

Limelight

Red Barchetta

The Analog Kid

The Spirit of Radio

Natural Science

The Trees

Xanadu

Closer to the Heart (with the Big Money ending...I guess that's what that is? sounds cool in any event)

Freewill

YYZ (with drum solo)

By-Tor and the Snow Dog (truncated version)

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

I think that's all of it. In all seriousness, these guys are good enough to really allow you to enjoy the songs AND the show. In my experience, it's a rare cover band that's good enough to allow you to enjoy the original songs without being distracted by the band. It's even rarer that someone's good enough to allow you to enjoy the source material AND the band. They're that good. :ebert:

p.s. Watching Xanadu was almost a religious experience, having worshiped the song as a kid. Really well done to say the least. Funny though that I thought I heard a little hint of the Prometheus soundtrack in the beginning. No idea if that would have been intentional (probably not, but that guitarist sure knows what he's doing in general, so whatever he was doing wasn't a mistake). Anyway, there was a little bit of 0:45 to 1:00 in there. I loved it as the music in Prometheus is great, whatever other issues the movie might have.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ecOLAexWmL4

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Rutlefan, you have absolutely made my day. Thank you!

Yes, we did tailor our set due to the AC/DC band. We'll touch on the newer material but still the meat of the show is that 70's into the 80's material.

Our guitar player does a lot of different stuff at the beginning of Xanadu so, it could have been Prometheus? :huh: Hard to say.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Really did make me smile! :D

Just told the Obsessive Audiophile I Know From Work about the show. Him being a big Rush fan since the first album I said he should go with me to see kRush in September. He plays some guitar himself and is mostly interested in that (Al DiMeola and Stevie Ray seem to be his favorites), so he asked how the guitarist handled Freewill. I suggested we check, so we watched a video posted in June from a Newcastle, DE show. During the solo he remarked, "Man, this guy rocks. That aint easy. He's been playing a long time. I'm in!"
  • Like 1

I hope it's not a state secret but I thought I'd offer the play list because it was amazing. No songs from all those albums that confuse me, just prime Rush for someone who grew up in the '70s. I was told by a regular (fun meeting you Bill, hope I see you September) that this set list was more geared towards their classic stuff than usual, probably because they were preceding an AC/DC band, but whatever the reason, no complaints from me.

Thanks Jim, it was nice talking with you as well. You must know something I don't know about September. I don't see anything on the KRush website for September, but if KRush is playing I'll almost certainly be there. Like I've said before, I feel like the luckiest RUSH fan on the planet, being from Delaware and having the best RUSH tribute band on the planet right in my backyard.

k :rush: :haz:

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre
  • Like 2

Not a done deal yet I guess. I was talking with the lead singer of Black Crowes cover band Non-Fiction after the kRush show. He said he had come to check them out as a potential opener for their Sep 19th show at Fish Head Cantina. He really liked what he saw based on the show (he was pretty enthusiastic about them really) and said he'd be requesting them as the opener. He didn't seem to think there'd be an issue but again, not official yet.

I'm not a dedicated follower of the Black Crowes but they're respectable enough. Looks like it'd be worth staying around for these guys as well. I'll have to go by cab this time:

Just checked the kRush website for the heck of it, and...it's official! I'll be there for sure. Great stuff.

September 19th Fish Head Cantina

Teaming up with Non-Fiction (Black Crows tribute). Can't wait to rock Baltimore again!

4802 Benson Ave. Baltimore, MD 21227

Bill, I love how you and your friend rode to the show on your Harleys. I use any excuse I can to run my 30 year-old Alfa around (just like the one shown in my signature, though different wheels). Maybe I'll take a road trip to DE some time to see them.

Edited by Rutlefan

Just checked the kRush website for the heck of it, and...it's official! I'll be there for sure. Great stuff.

September 19th Fish Head Cantina

Teaming up with Non-Fiction (Black Crows tribute). Can't wait to rock Baltimore again!

4802 Benson Ave. Baltimore, MD 21227

Bill, I love how you and your friend rode to the show on your Harleys. I use any excuse I can to run my 30 year-old Alfa around (just like the one shown in my signature, though different wheels). Maybe I'll take a road trip to DE some time to see them.

Temporary stand-by on the Fish Head show. I just got the call. The promoter is a little concerned about us playing there again so soon. Give it a few days. It may come off the website. We'll have to see.

I would normally agree with him except several people there told me next time we played there they would bring their friends. The sooner the better I think in this scenario.

Who knows? :huh:

Thanks Jim, it was nice talking with you as well. You must know something I don't know about September. I don't see anything on the KRush website for September, but if KRush is playing I'll almost certainly be there. Like I've said before, I feel like the luckiest RUSH fan on the planet, being from Delaware and having the best RUSH tribute band on the planet right in my backyard.

k :rush: :haz:

You f-ing rock, Bill!!

"several people there told me next time we played there they would bring their friends. "

I've already got two people who want to come (in addition to myself) and I plan to get more.

• Like 1