I hate to bother everyone but...

KennyLee

My band kRUSH is playing a show this weekend at the Fish Head Cantina in Baltimore, MD. If you're in the area and not busy, please stop by and check us out. We are playing with an AC/DC tribute which could also be cool.

It's a cool place, actually and we're working on drawing more so we can book some bigger rooms. Upward and onward.

Thanks for your time.

10394575_352240794930703_1572873270578717251_n.jpg

• Like 3

I heard Virtuality isn't in the setlist otherwise I would go..... :) Have a great show my friend
  • Like 1

I would love to see you guys if I were anywhere near where you were playing.

C'mon now… It isn't that far from Pittsburgh to Baltimore! It's worth the trip to see the best RUSH tribute band on the planet! If hadn't seen kRush before I would probably not be willing to make the jaunt down from Delaware, but having seen them several times now, I can't possibly miss another opportunity to see them perform. To any die hard RUSH fanatic who lives anywhere remotely in the area, I STRONGLY suggest getting your butt out to Fish Head Cantina Saturday night!

• Like 1

I heard Virtuality isn't in the setlist otherwise I would go..... :) Have a great show my friend

Not sure what Kenny and the boys have in mind, but considering that they'll presumably be playing for an AC/DC fan base, I'm guessing they will focus on older material for this gig. I'm thinking stuff like Bangkok, By-Tor, Working Man, and The Trees would be absolute musts in this setting… (but hey, that's just my two pennies worth). :huh: :outtahere:

• Like 1

I rather see the real Rush...

Whats the point in cover-bands as long as the real Rush still play?

Because Rush is not currently on tour? Because, even when they are on tour, they only play within driving distance once or twice? Because it is interesting to see other people perform the same music you enjoy? Because it is something social to explore and a reason to step away from the computer?

There is (maybe was... I haven't heard of them playing here in a few months... but their guitarist has a lot of projects going on) a tribute band named Exit Stage Left here in San Antonio. They are quality musicians and put on an enjoyable show. Is it actually Rush? No, of course not. But it is a chance to hear some Rush fans put their unique spin on the songs. The singer in Exit Stage Left, by the way, is a woman with some pretty impressive pipes.

Seeing a Rush tribute band is also a chance to hang out and talk with Rush fans about the band. But, then again, maybe Rush fans getting together to discuss, debate, and otherwise enjoy Rush without Rush actually involved is equally lame? Oh.... wait... that would be all of us in this forum.

Also, I can't go on without pointing out that just a few weeks ago a certain person suggested Feedback, which is little more than a tribute of Rush covering other peoples' work, is actually a Rush album. How is it a tribute album is actually the band's work and deserves respect, but a tribute band is lame?

PS Kenny Lee... I obviously live in Texas, but I do go out to the DC area once or twice a year. Hopefully something will line up. I will gladly come see a show and support the cause.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 7

C'mon now… It isn't that far from Pittsburgh to Baltimore! It's worth the trip to see the best RUSH tribute band on the planet! If hadn't seen kRush before I would probably not be willing to make the jaunt down from Delaware, but having seen them several times now, I can't possibly miss another opportunity to see them perform. To any die hard RUSH fanatic who lives anywhere remotely in the area, I STRONGLY suggest getting your butt out to Fish Head Cantina Saturday night!

I guess it depends on what you consider not that far. :LOL: It's about 4 1/2 hours to Baltimore from here.

• Like 1

Because Rush is not currently on tour? Because, even when they are on tour, they only play within driving distance once or twice? Because it is interesting to see other people perform the same music you enjoy? Because it is something social to explore and a reason to step away from the computer?

There is (maybe was... I haven't heard of them playing here in a few months... but their guitarist has a lot of projects going on) a tribute band named Exit Stage Left here in San Antonio. They are quality musicians and put on an enjoyable show. Is it actually Rush? No, of course not. But it is a chance to hear some Rush fans put their unique spin on the songs. The singer in Exit Stage Left, by the way, is a woman with some pretty impressive pipes.

Seeing a Rush tribute band is also a chance to hang out and talk with Rush fans about the band. But, then again, maybe Rush fans getting together to discuss, debate, and otherwise enjoy Rush without Rush actually involved is equally lame? Oh.... wait... that would be all of us in this forum.

Also, I can't go on without pointing out that just a few weeks ago a certain person suggested Feedback, which is little more than a tribute of Rush covering other peoples' work, is actually a Rush album. How is it a tribute album is actually the band's work and deserves respect, but a tribute band is lame?

PS Kenny Lee... I obviously live in Texas, but I do go out to the DC area once or twice a year. Hopefully something will line up. I will gladly come see a show and support the cause.

:goodone:

Edited by Lorraine

WorkingAllTheTime yes the other not so much..... :LOL: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

WorkingAllTheTime yes the other not so much..... :LOL:

I edited my post so that no one would think I meant the both of them.

WorkingAllTheTime yes the other not so much..... :LOL:

I edited my post so that no one would think I meant the both of them.

You did indeed. My bad for overlooking that fact..... :cheers:

I guess it depends on what you consider not that far. :LOL: It's about 4 1/2 hours to Baltimore from here.

A mere stone's throw! :D

• Like 2

A mere stone's throw! :D

A meteor maybe. :LOL:

• Like 1

Kenny, what time do you expect to start, roughly. I'd like to make it but would have to work around things that fall outside of the typical Rush obsession, like...family, responsibilities, life, etc. Things were simpler when my most difficult decision on a Saturday night was whether to get happy drinking Bass or Smithwicks.
  • Like 1