Hemispheres alarm clock?

tas7

Very quiet on the Rush front. Has anyone ever used Hemispheres as an alarm clock? When hosting parties and wanting to get rid of people in the morning, used to crank the volume up, put Hemispheres on and watch and wait.
  • Like 1

Very quiet on the Rush front. Has anyone ever used Hemispheres as an alarm clock? When hosting parties and wanting to get rid of people in the morning, used to crank the volume up, put Hemispheres on and watch and wait.

Makes sense. You'd get rid of me pretty quick.

I've never tried waking up to Hemispheres. Perhaps I should add the first few minutes to my alarm clock mix. I find Bastille Day and Spirit of Radio work great.

no but there's a local bar here i like to play pool at and if it gets too busy I can "thin the crowd" a little by putting a Rush epic on the juke box. No joke! it actually works! I need to be careful though because a few months ago I noticed 'The Necromancer' was removed from it :(

I even have a funny video on my phone of some hipster arguing with the bartender in front of the juke box about my music lol!

• Like 4

I've never tried waking up to Hemispheres. Perhaps I should add the first few minutes to my alarm clock mix. I find Bastille Day and Spirit of Radio work great.

I like to use Xanadu for my alarm. The bass pedal at the beginning is a great thing to wake up to Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

I've used Grand Designs as my alarm clock. It's a pleasant song to wake up to.

I've used Grand Designs as my alarm clock. It's a pleasant song to wake up to.

That would make me jump straight up out of bed. :LOL:

• Like 1

Hemi's like a Timex.

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie.

Edit: oops. Wrong board!

How is such blatant racism and the promotion of killing black people allowed on this board??? Why hasn't this person been banned???

On CP you'll only get banned for make a personal threat against someone. Being an annoying racist is more something to be pitied.To be fair, Hemi has never specifically said "Time to kill a darkie". But his racism has been firmly established by his other posts. Most people just ignore him.

On this board, the standards seem to be much lower. At least they were 8 years ago. That was the last time I was here before last week.

Edited by edhunter

Hemi's like a Timex.

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie.

How is such blatant racism and the promotion of killing black people allowed on this board??? Why hasn't this person been banned???

It is in fact racist and doesn't belong here.

• Like 4

Hemi's like a Timex.

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie.

You'd need to know Hemi from the CP board. Our resident racist bassist.

Even if Hemi were here, I'd tell him the same thing I'm telling you: That joke's racial reference makes it not really a joke at all. Keep those "jokes" to yourself, please.

• Like 2

Hemi's like a Timex.

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie.

On CP you'll only get banned for make a personal threat against someone. Being an annoying racist is more something to be pitied.To be fair, Hemi has never specifically said "Time to kill a darkie". But his racism has been firmly established by his other posts. Most people just ignore him.

On this board, the standards seem to be much lower. At least they were 8 years ago. That was the last time I was here before last week.

If Hemi never actually said that, and you know this board is less tolerant of such posts, why did you post it here?

• Like 2

Hemi's like a Timex.

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie.

If Hemi never actually said that, and you know this board is less tolerant of such posts, why did you post it here?

I would've thought the "Oops wrong board" part would be self explanatory. On an iPhone, these boards appear identical. I thought I was on CP when I first posted it.

It's not like we pat Hemi on the back for his racism. He's derided mercilessly for it, he just keeps going. His primary method is posting dozens of links to black-on-white crime that gets ignored by the mainstream media, and then suggesting they should all be shot (or words to that effect).

Don't worry. The biker bar will never infest the gay bar!

Hemi's like a Timex.

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie

Time to kill a darkie.

I would've thought the "Oops wrong board" part would be self explanatory. On an iPhone, these boards appear identical. I thought I was on CP when I first posted it.

It's not like we pat Hemi on the back for his racism. He's derided mercilessly for it, he just keeps going. His primary method is posting dozens of links to black-on-white crime that gets ignored by the mainstream media, and then suggesting they should all be shot (or words to that effect).

Don't worry. The biker bar will never infest the gay bar!

I (and others, it seems) thought the "Oops wrong board" thing was a joke, like, "I know I shouldn't post this here on TRF but...ain't I a stinker?"

We're the gay bar? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but aren't YOU the bar with guys walking around in pink assless chaps? :D I'd like to think of us as one of those cool brew pubs that has good burgers and 20 microbrews on tap, as opposed to a biker bar that has Budweiser and.....Budweiser. Plus a vending machine with Pork rinds. :P

• Like 2