18 - Best Song From Feedback

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

764 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Summertime Blues
    • Heart Full of Soul
    • For What It's Worth
    • The Seeker
    • Mr. Soul
    • Seven and Seven Is
    • Shapes of Things
    • Crossroads

Feedback makes me crabby. There are a couple of reasons and I know you are dying to hear them; or if not for some reason, feel free to ignore the following. wink.gif

When Ged talked about its impending release he said it was going to be 10 bucks because it was only half an hour; instead it was 15, and that's probably Atlantic's doing (or is it Warner? whatever) but it's still stupid. I have ongoing resentment for the assumption - on Anthem's part, I guess - that Rush fans are all at least middle-class and can just pay whatever. For various reasons you don't wanna hear, even when I have a relatively good job, I'm kinda po'.

The other thing is, I have been a Who fan for 25 years, and I think Pete throws "The Seeker," which is NOT a very good Who song all told, at people when they want a song. It's also the one Guitar Hero Who song which is where this theory of mine began. I also love anything to do with David Crosby, Graham Nash and Neil Young; this includes Stephen Stills by extension. So I should have loved both Mr. Soul and For What It's Worth. I didn't. And I had really looked forward to them, the latter especially. They just aren't good covers.

I have never heard the original version of Seven and Seven Is. Maybe that's why it's my pick. It's the only one they really made their own when reinterpreting it, too. It is the only song from Feedback in my library.

I picked the least voted for in the list... Shape of Things.

I just like the way that one fells... a close second would be Heart Full of Soul

Summertime Blues and The Seeker are probably my 2 least favorite from the album... Especially Summertime Blues.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 17 2010, 11:45 AM)
I picked the least voted for in the list... Shape of Things.

I just like the way that one fells... a close second would be Heart Full of Soul

Summertime Blues and The Seeker are probably my 2 least favorite from the album... Especially Summertime Blues.

I agree.

These are the only two songs I paid for on iTunes, though I may go back and buy more.

2.gif

Crossroads tied with Summertime Blues, but the one that really does out for me is Crossroads, as Ged just blows the roof & beyond off with the most incredible, tight, & mind-blowing bass lines! The most hardest set of notes known to man, and damn sight better than jack bruce.

Crossroads.

Alex does some fine shredding on it.

Like others I hesitated voting on this one, a) because its a covers album, but also cool.gif because technically its an EP! :-)

But I went with Summertime Blues. Great version here.

2- Seven and Seven Is

3- Crossroads

4- The Seeker

5- Shapes of Things

6- Heart Full of Soul

7- Mr. Soul

8- For What It's Worth