How could Rush make you happy today?

Tombstone Mountain

They would make me happy by putting together a DVD of weird little skits. Like the tour skits, 5-10 mins. each. I would expect them to be bizarrely hilarious.

I'd like for them to use the talents of the YBG staff to do so

A lot of happy people making people smile

• Like 3

They would make me happy by putting together a DVD of weird little skits. Like the tour skits, 5-10 mins. each. I would expect them to be bizarrely hilarious.

Exactly!

Forty years worth of giving and giving to us, with quite a few of their songs being included in the soundtrack of my life...and I'm supposed to suggest something ELSE they can do to make me happy?

Please...

Now now. This is fantasy land. This is a hypothetical

Yes, I understood. I was just being a wiseass.

Apparently I do that sometimes...

• Like 2

Forty years worth of giving and giving to us, with quite a few of their songs being included in the soundtrack of my life...and I'm supposed to suggest something ELSE they can do to make me happy?

Please...

Now now. This is fantasy land. This is a hypothetical

Yes, I understood. I was just being a wiseass.

Apparently I do that sometimes...

It's all good homes!

Be who you is. 'Cause if you ain't who you is, then you is who you ain't.

—Satchel Paige

• Like 1

They could also stand to make more of that mock fantasy/horror atmosphere in some of those skits. Maybe get Bruce Campbell to show up in a cameo. Also, zombies dressed as stereotypical Rush fans. I can see the band running from them now.

Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes
  • Like 2

They could also stand to make more of that mock fantasy/horror atmosphere in some of those skits. Maybe get Bruce Campbell to show up in a cameo. Also, zombies dressed as stereotypical Rush fans. I can see the band running from them now.

Aren't they too old to run? Imagine Alex running?

I like the idea of zombies. Kind of a "thriller" vibe or more like "omega man"? Damn we gotta stop. I jyst mentioned Thriller and zombies. Only thing missing is___________.

• Like 2

I like the idea of zombies. Kind of a "thriller" vibe or more like "omega man"? Damn we gotta stop. I jyst mentioned Thriller and zombies. Only thing missing is___________.

Hitler?

• Like 1

^ Nazi zombie movies are one of the more enjoyable things to come out of the whole zombie craze. Kind of brought the satisfaction back to blowing the heads off zombies. If someone could make a Bolshevik zombies vs Nazi zombies movie, that would be really fun. Throw in a Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus zombie ... cinematic history is made.

Back on topic, Rush could make me happy by bringing back the Neil mustache and the long hair all around, donning the kimonos, wielding the double necks and chimes, and making a Terry Brown-produced epic prog anthem worthy of the Elder Days of Rush. Is this so much to ask?

edit: an anthemic prog epic would also be acceptable

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 3

All I ask is that they write the best songs they can.

And that they get a fantastic producer and nail the sound down perfectly.

Imagine CA with the production of Moving Pictures or Counterparts... :wub:

that's my main CA complaint...clean it up we'll see what it does to my opinion. and kudos to those who can just ignore it.....wish I could

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

All I ask is that they write the best songs they can.

And that they get a fantastic producer and nail the sound down perfectly.

Imagine CA with the production of Moving Pictures or Counterparts... :wub:

that's my main CA complaint...clean it up we'll see what it does to my opinion. and kudos to those who can just ignore it.....wish I could

Mick

"I feel your pain"

—William Jefferson Clinton

• Like 2

Geddy bringing back the raccoon hat hair............PSYCH!

In all seriousness, they already succeeded in making me happy by playing Where's My Thing, The Pass and a good chunk of PoW songs on the last tour. If they release more live stuff that we never knew existed that'd make me even more happy! Those live extracts of the 2112 songs on the PW/MP tours on the 2112 5.1 took me by surprise and they sound brilliant! :ebert:

Oh, and if they play Animate on the next tour. Did I already mention that I really love that song, or does my username answer it for you?

• Like 1

I'd be sooooo happy if the band showed up at Eaglemoon's house, knocked on the door, and start beat-boxing Seven Cities of Gold when she answered.

She'd be happy too

Oh heck yes, because after that I'd invite them into my hot tub. :LOL:

• Like 2

Hitler?

Not sure about the Zombie Hitler idea. Maybe a collaboration between Anthem Entertainment and Peter Jackson's Wingnut films. If Jackson could handle Christopher Lee, Neil should be no problem.

• Like 2

I'd be sooooo happy if the band showed up at Eaglemoon's house, knocked on the door, and start beat-boxing Seven Cities of Gold when she answered.

She'd be happy too

Wow. If you we're to film said event, what title would you bestow upon it?

Maybe a campaign against school bullying, but with a more direct approach. Like, say, the band being filmed dragging a school bully out of the classroom and beating the crap out of him with their instruments.

Should be a PSA. They take said bully to the top of the school building. Throw him off while Headlong Flight plays in background.

• Like 5

She'd be happy too

If the band played Moving Pictures while everyone was in there it would be a little Hot Tub Time Machine tour.

• Like 2

I would love to do that. I think I would have made a good comedy skit writer.

• Like 4

She'd be happy too

If the band played Moving Pictures while everyone was in there it would be a little Hot Tub Time Machine tour.

:LOL:

Lets Cut to the Chase and Stick it Out Tour. :LOL:

• Like 1

I would love to do that. I think I would have made a good comedy skit writer.

Glad I'm not the only one here who's had the crazy fantasy of writing at least one of those skits. Let me guess, you watched a skit, listened to the dialogue, and thought, "Oh come on, This is just random stoner stuff with no meaning. Even I can do better than that, and I'm sitting in the audience next to a loud guy with his belly sticking out of his F**K YOU ANDYOUR HONOR STUDENT T-shirt!"

• Like 3