How could Rush make you happy today?

Tombstone Mountain

They could get off their collective duffs and record a follow-up to Hemispheres. Though it would have to have much lower vocals, or none at all. That would be fine too.

Barring that, a new tour would be nice. I wish we would hear something definite.

How about making Clockwork Angels 2? I know that would do it for ya

My not-so-secret hope and dream is that the near future holds the follow-up to Clockwork Angels, and it blows CA out of the water!

No secret here that I believe CA to be among their best work. To exceed Clockwork Angels would be mindblowing. If they have the right person producing they could do it. Nick is that person IMO.

• Like 4

They could get off their collective duffs and record a follow-up to Hemispheres. Though it would have to have much lower vocals, or none at all. That would be fine too.

Barring that, a new tour would be nice. I wish we would hear something definite.

How about making Clockwork Angels 2? I know that would do it for ya

My not-so-secret hope and dream is that the near future holds the follow-up to Clockwork Angels, and it blows CA out of the water!

No secret here that I believe CA to be among their best work. To exceed Clockwork Angels would be mindblowing. If they have the right person producing they could do it. Nick is that person IMO.

I agree except I think Nick (and Lerxst) need to lay off the constant noise. Having SOME space is good. Still, CA is truly a wonderful album.

• Like 2

They´d make me happy by announcing the following:

1 - We will tour next week to celebrate Rush´s 41st anniversary. The tour will include a show at the iconic Maracana Statium where Rush in Rio was recorded;

2 - A new album will be released including "Part 5 of the Fear Trilogy". The band will play the five songs in reverse order of release on the next tour. V-IV-III-II-I;

3 - Jacob´s Ladder and Afterimage will be brought from the vaults and be played live for the first time since the early 80´s;

4 - Breaking a long tradition, Dream Theater will be the supporting act of the upcoming tour, with drummer Mike Portnoy returning to the band, following Neil´s advice to John Petrucci.

I enjoy DT but.....if portnoy comes back AND opens for Rush......i'm freakin' done, lol

Mick

• Like 1

They already have. :D

How about a nice Jewish lunch with Ged...matzoh ball soup?

Lunch with Ged would be too cool. Meeting that guy is definitely on my bucket list but I don't have the cash, the boobs or the connections. :huh:

• Like 2

Lunch with Ged would be too cool. Meeting that guy is definitely on my bucket list but I don't have the cash, the boobs or the connections. :huh:

Yeah but you've got such a great personality...

• Like 1

Yeah but you've got such a great personality...

:laughing yellow guy:

Geddy and Alex should write a book, dishing in how they tormented Neil when he joined the band. They should call it "Two grateful SOB's"

They've been paying for it ever since. Neil should be grateful he has two band members that run cover and go to bat for him constantly.

• Like 3

Well trust me, having boobs is overrated. But two out of three ain't bad. :LOL:

Meeting Geddy is on my bucket list as well. Don't know how it would ever happen but I keep my fingers crossed. Not literally of course. :LOL:

• Like 2

Alex can buy another one.

I'm pretty sure he has at least one or two others as backups. We know he has a red one.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

By doing what ever the fu** they want to do!! :codger: :haz: :7up: :rush:

Cue Skynyrd

"And be a simple kind of man"

Don't take much for you eh bro?

Great tune!!

Nope, the band has paid it's dues. Following them since 1976 and witnessing what they have accomplished is enough for me. They beat the odds and nothing stopped them from forging ahead. I am just happy that they are still a force in the music industry and are having the time of their lives!! I would love to see them continue to tour. But if not, so be it. :D :rush:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 3

I'd be happy if they starred in a sitcom about three geezers who have a garage band that plays clubs on weekends. During the week they work together as forest rangers in Yosemite.

Rock Rangers

• Like 4

I'd be happy if they starred in a sitcom about three geezers who have a garage band that plays clubs on weekends. During the week they work together as forest rangers in Yosemite.

Rock Rangers

Oh god.

Alex: "Hey Geddy, where is my pic-a-nic basket?"

• Like 4

They´d make me happy by announcing the following:

1 - We will tour next week to celebrate Rush´s 41st anniversary. The tour will include a show at the iconic Maracana Statium where Rush in Rio was recorded;

2 - A new album will be released including "Part 5 of the Fear Trilogy". The band will play the five songs in reverse order of release on the next tour. V-IV-III-II-I;

3 - Jacob´s Ladder and Afterimage will be brought from the vaults and be played live for the first time since the early 80´s;

4 - Breaking a long tradition, Dream Theater will be the supporting act of the upcoming tour, with drummer Mike Portnoy returning to the band, following Neil´s advice to John Petrucci.

I enjoy DT but.....if portnoy comes back AND opens for Rush......i'm freakin' done, lol

Mick

If that's what makes you happy

Rock Rangers

I'd watch that. :ph34r:

Rock Rangers

I'd watch that. :ph34r:

I would only if Neil and Alex grow some badass beards/goatees.

• Like 1