How could Rush make you happy today?

Tombstone Mountain

They could ask me to create their setlist!

I'm sure you would like to hand-deliver it as well. :)

In order to do it justice I'd need to sit down, have a beer with the guys, and discuss it. :D

:D

They could ask me to create their setlist!

I'm sure you would like to hand-deliver it as well. :)

In order to do it justice I'd need to sit down, have a beer with the guys, and discuss it. :D

Boundries MUST be drawn I take it

By bringing back Ged's hot half-ponytail from the early 90s, Alex's skinny ties, and Neil's killer bandannas and tank tops :D.

Not reading the whole thread so sorry for any repetition:

1.Write lyrics that scan easily and can actually be sung melodically

2.Tune down everything a half-step...would really help Geddy and be barely noticeable

3. Stop this "everything but the kitchen sink" approach in the studio...less is more.

4.When touring, do arrangements of the songs that can actually be called "live"....strip away sample sand triggers..if I want perfection I will listen to the record.

5. Mix the sets up like Springsteen etc....bit of a con to get the same rigid set every night if you have paid to see more than one date.

6. These are realistic aims..obviously I would like to see them recapture the inspiration and energy of old, but that's a bridge too far.

• Like 1

Apart from saying how happy they and their families are, which would do me at this stage of their lives and career, the only thing they could say to make me even happier would be that they'd been throwing around some loose ideas for new material they were really pleased with which looked like the possible beginnings of a new rush album.

Oh yes.

• Like 1

Not reading the whole thread so sorry for any repetition:

1.Write lyrics that scan easily and can actually be sung melodically

2.Tune down everything a half-step...would really help Geddy and be barely noticeable

3. Stop this "everything but the kitchen sink" approach in the studio...less is more.

4.When touring, do arrangements of the songs that can actually be called "live"....strip away sample sand triggers..if I want perfection I will listen to the record.

5. Mix the sets up like Springsteen etc....bit of a con to get the same rigid set every night if you have paid to see more than one date.

6. These are realistic aims..obviously I would like to see them recapture the inspiration and energy of old, but that's a bridge too far.

I'm liking #3 a bunch—strip it down!

• Like 3

I'm thinking of Stephen King's novel Misery. I hope no one ever tries to kidnap the band and force them to rewrite or re-record their material.

However, I have often thought that I would love to hear an album like Power Windows or Hold Your Fire "reinterpreted" - more meaty rock goodness, less synthy cheese whiz.

• Like 1

If Geddy, Alex, and Neil filmed a survival reality show, best located on a deserted island, with Spaghetti Lee, rushgoober, and Greyfriar as competitors...that'd make me happy.

Yeah, I'd pay to see that. I'd be pulling for Grey!

• Like 2

If Geddy, Alex, and Neil filmed a survival reality show, best located on a deserted island, with Spaghetti Lee, rushgoober, and Greyfriar as competitors...that'd make me happy.

Why greyfriar...? :unsure:

• Like 1

The voice of reason, and a good guy to boot.

• Like 2

The voice of reason, and a good guy to boot.

Oh, I see. I thought you meant that he hated the band members too :LOL:

• Like 1

Uh, first I thought you lost your mind, mentioning me in one breath with goobs and the pasta boy. Thanks for subsequent clarification. :cheers:

• Like 2