Bands like Rush

rugen

Favorite Band like Rush  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite band like Rush between those 4?

• Andrew Gorczca
    • Tiles
    • David Barrett Trio
    • Electrum

WHY IS THERE NO ZEBRA ON THIS LIST?!!!?!? BLASTPHEMY!!!

Another obscure band, sound like AOR Hard Rock, the singer as some similarity with the young Geddy. This song has something with more progressive structures.

http://youtu.be/hKAR8LQwxzg

I havent thought of them for decades. Wow. Rush-y.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZyezEhRhs

Ah yes. Who's Behind the Door is the one I remember best as well. Great stuff! Not sure why, but whenever I think of Zebra it always also reminds me of Saga.

Rush-Saga-Triumph, the Canadian triple threat.

• Like 3

Triumph

Yes this band has been compared to Rush many times. A power trio with progressive rock influence in their hard-rock heavy metal style. The critics towards them like Rush has not always been good for this band. And now they are in the Candian Hall of Fame

Rik is a talented guitarist. His voice is a gift from God. Amazing pipes

Damn right! :haz:

Triumph

Yes this band has been compared to Rush many times. A power trio with progressive rock influence in their hard-rock heavy metal style. The critics towards them like Rush has not always been good for this band. And now they are in the Candian Hall of Fame

He is amazing. Triumph's set up is like Rush but not their music. I don't think, anyway.

They were a lot cheesier than Rush. Emmet is really the only virtuoso of the three. They were always goofy to me. It seems like Emmet is forcing himself to play in that hard rockin style .. It's wierd... He should have been strictly a jazz fusion or classical guitarist. He's got great chops.

I love every thing he plays,

His solo albums have a lot of Jazz and Classical guitar. :guitar:

Triumph

He is amazing. Triumph's set up is like Rush but not their music. I don't think, anyway.

They were a lot cheesier than Rush. Emmet is really the only virtuoso of the three. They were always goofy to me. It seems like Emmet is forcing himself to play in that hard rockin style .. It's wierd... He should have been strictly a jazz fusion or classical guitarist. He's got great chops.

I love every thing he plays,

His solo albums have a lot of Jazz and Classical guitar. :guitar:

The drummer wore hockey jerseys all the time, no?

To me, the band I've always thought sounded a lot like RUSH (and indeed was influenced by them) is Live. For example, take Pain Lies On The Riverside (from Mental Jewelry) or almost any song from Throwing Copper, and you can hear some RUSH-factor in parts of every single track. Edited by NewWorldMan1971

WHY IS THERE NO ZEBRA ON THIS LIST?!!!?!? BLASTPHEMY!!!

Another obscure band, sound like AOR Hard Rock, the singer as some similarity with the young Geddy. This song has something with more progressive structures.

http://youtu.be/hKAR8LQwxzg

I havent thought of them for decades. Wow. Rush-y.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZyezEhRhs

Ah yes. Who's Behind the Door is the one I remember best as well. Great stuff! Not sure why, but whenever I think of Zebra it always also reminds me of Saga.

Rush-Saga-Triumph, the Canadian triple threat.

If there is such a thing as a Canadian Triple Threat then it HAS to be Rush, Triumph and APRIL WINE!!

100% agree with the poster that said no band is like Rush. That's so true, whether you love them or hate them, it's impossible to argue that statement. That being said, Porcupine Tree is another progressive band that I think is very talented and writes some very complex material. Check out the track Anesthetize from their album Fear of a Blank Planet for some obvious Rush influence. Lifeson plays the solo on that track. Also check out their song Lazarus for hands down one of the most beautiful songs you will ever hear.
  • Like 2

100% agree with the poster that said no band is like Rush. That's so true, whether you love them or hate them, it's impossible to argue that statement. That being said, Porcupine Tree is another progressive band that I think is very talented and writes some very complex material. Check out the track Anesthetize from their album Fear of a Blank Planet for some obvious Rush influence. Lifeson plays the solo on that track. Also check out their song Lazarus for hands down one of the most beautiful songs you will ever hear.

PT is probably my second favorite band. They've had some very diverse and interesting output over the years. Styles range from Beatlesque to Pink Floydish to Toolish.

• Like 1

PT is probably my second favorite band. They've had some very diverse and interesting output over the years. Styles range from Beatlesque to Pink Floydish to Toolish.

Pink Floyd is laced all throughout "Time Flies"--I hear echoes of Animals and Dark Side on that tune.

Pink Floyd is laced all throughout "Time Flies"--I hear echoes of Animals and Dark Side on that tune.

Time Flies is very reminiscent of Dogs (perhaps a bit too much at times).

The chorus of Prodigal sounds like it could've been on Dark Side of the Moon.

This song from Tiles Beneath the Surface is full of Liefson guitars sound and Geddy's bass lines.

http://youtu.be/Udp_byVK8xk

I can hear that.

The only thing I hear is the lack of good music.

I think they sound damn good, Slappy!!!!

How did you find out my real name??? :rage:

Edited by savagegrace26