Bands like Rush

rugen

Favorite Band like Rush  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite band like Rush between those 4?

• Andrew Gorczca
    • Tiles
    • David Barrett Trio
    • Electrum

Bands like Rush?

And you left off Max Webster?

And Budgie?

Bands like Rush?

And Budgie?

I left out a lot of popular bands, that you know and that i know, because for me those 4 are the closest that i could find that have similarity with Rush. So there's no option in my poll for others, which would need some research for those who don't know all these bands.

By the way, there's a catch in the possible options, i won't vote for now just let the mystery for a while. And i made a error, it's Gorczyca

Edited by RUDT

Bands like Rush?

And Budgie?

I left out a lot of popular bands, that you know and that i know, because for me those 4 are the closest that i could find that have similarity with Rush. So there's no option in my poll for others, which would need some research for those who don't know all these bands.

By the way, there's a catch in the possible options, i won't vote for now just let the mystery for a while. And i made a error, it's Gorczyca

Fair enough!

I have never heard of any of those bands...

• Like 1

No band is like Rush. :tsk:

Agreed.

• Like 2

No band is like Rush. :tsk:

Exactly. I listen to a lot of music but there isn't anyone like them. That's why they've been my favorite for over 20 years now. Rush has raised the musical bar too damn high for others to reach.

• Like 3

What is your favorite Rush "almost like band" if you want. I know there's no band like Rush. I can give you some links for those 4 bands.

https://www.youtube....h?v=o-4uqN1VP6s

A very good album, not so popular

the most popular, they have many albums

this one you should know if your a real Rush fans

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=4859

this one is new for me

All of those bands have a influence of Rush in their music, for one specific era of the band.

Ok and then what, you all made your point there's no band like Rush, Rush is perfect and why waste our time to listen to something else, spend money on other bands, we just have to listen to the same albums over and over

Ok and then what, you all made your point there's no band like Rush, Rush is perfect and why waste our time to listen to something else, spend money on other bands, we just have to listen to the same albums over and over

No. Listen to whatever you like. I love Green Day. That doesn't mean they're anything like Rush. Hell, they're almost the opposite.

This thread is about who else is like Rush. My response was, "No one." That doesn't mean no one else should be playing music.

Relax, dude.

• Like 3

I like Tiles a lot. With Terry Brown producing, Hugh Syme doing artwork, and Lifeson contributing some guitar, they certainly seem to be trying to milk that Rush connection.
  • Like 1

No. Listen to whatever you like. I love Green Day. That doesn't mean they're anything like Rush. Hell, they're almost the opposite.

This thread is about who else is like Rush. My response was, "No one." That doesn't mean no one else should be playing music.

Relax, dude.

This thread was not about that, it's about your favorite bands that have similarity with Rush. All 4 bands have been compared to Rush not by me.

I like Tiles a lot. With Terry Brown producing, Hugh Syme doing artwork, and Lifeson contributing some guitar, they certainly seem to be trying to milk that Rush connection.

Thanks, first answer to the question. Yes there's a involvement of Alex in the songs "Sacred and Mundande" from the album "fly paper"

Triumph

Yes this band has been compared to Rush many times. A power trio with progressive rock influence in their hard-rock heavy metal style. The critics towards them like Rush has not always been good for this band. And now they are in the Candian Hall of Fame

• Like 1

I've always thought of Tool as one of the closest comparisons to Rush. More so than the bands listed here. Rush really have their own thing going though, no band is THAT similar Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 3

I've always thought of Tool as one of the closest comparisons to Rush. More so than the bands listed here. Rush really have their own thing going though, no band is THAT similar

Good point. I've never heard of those bands, but Tool...well, no band can induce a trance in me like Tool can. An absolutely hypnotic band whose music speaks to me much like Rush's does.

• Like 2

I've always thought of Tool as one of the closest comparisons to Rush. More so than the bands listed here. Rush really have their own thing going though, no band is THAT similar

Good point. I've never heard of those bands, but Tool...well, no band can induce a trance in me like Tool can. An absolutely hypnotic band whose music speaks to me much like Rush's does.

I enjoy the music of Tool with all the experimentation and atmosphere, but i don't think of Rush when i am listening to their music a part from a guitar solo in some place. The tempo is much slower than Rush, but i must agree that this is nice hypnotic music

• Like 1

Triumph

Yes this band has been compared to Rush many times. A power trio with progressive rock influence in their hard-rock heavy metal style. The critics towards them like Rush has not always been good for this band. And now they are in the Candian Hall of Fame

Rik is a talented guitarist. His voice is a gift from God. Amazing pipes

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 5

Triumph

He is amazing. Triumph's set up is like Rush but not their music. I don't think, anyway.

• Like 2

Triumph

He is amazing. Triumph's set up is like Rush but not their music. I don't think, anyway.

They were a lot cheesier than Rush. Emmet is really the only virtuoso of the three. They were always goofy to me. It seems like Emmet is forcing himself to play in that hard rockin style .. It's wierd... He should have been strictly a jazz fusion or classical guitarist. He's got great chops.

• Like 1

Triumph

They were a lot cheesier than Rush. Emmet is really the only virtuoso of the three. They were always goofy to me. It seems like Emmet is forcing himself to play in that hard rockin style .. It's wierd... He should have been strictly a jazz fusion or classical guitarist. He's got great chops.

Yeah, very radio hit friendly. They had their jazzier, bluesier pieces, but overall they were playing the game (pun intended).

Emmet's voice is as good as his guitar playing, too. Very ear friendly and what a range. Holy s**t!

Rick Emmet voice is more force than Geddy, but a bit like James Labrie, it has to match the metal style of those 2 bands. It can be disturbing, but they all have good voice.