Signals vs. Feedback

Segue Myles

So...Which One?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Better?

• Signals (pick this)
    • Feedback (or...pick this)

it is a shame that anyone can seriously vote against Signals still

Agreed. You just have to want to be contradictory or something. The covers are done well enough but up against one of their top notch albums? Give me a break. It wouldn't even beat any of their crappy albums in my view because its not original material. Geez silliness really...

Signals wasn't too great in my opinion. I like three, possibly four of the songs on their. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad record and I certainly don't dislike it, I just think it's a bit overrated on here. I voted Feedback because I enjoy every song on their, which is something I can't say for Signals. I know this will get me a lot of hate from certain forum members but it's just my personal opinion.

It's not that^^^. Lets not be overly dramatic. It's more like this ----------------------------> :eyeroll:
  • Like 2

I know this will get me a lot of hate from certain forum members but it's just my personal opinion.

Oh please knock off the martyr act.

I didn't mean to sound like a martyr, I meant to sound like I didn't care. :P

Agreed. You just have to want to be contradictory or something. The covers are done well enough but up against one of their top notch albums? Give me a break. It wouldn't even beat any of their crappy albums in my view because its not original material. Geez silliness really...

Signals wasn't too great in my opinion. I like three, possibly four of the songs on their. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad record and I certainly don't dislike it, I just think it's a bit overrated on here. I voted Feedback because I enjoy every song on their, which is something I can't say for Signals. I know this will get me a lot of hate from certain forum members but it's just my personal opinion.

It's not that^^^. Lets not be overly dramatic. It's more like this ----------------------------> :eyeroll:

I also wasn't talking about you or Lorraine necessarily.

I get it but H.A.T.E is a B.I.G word. Disbelief for me is the word I would use to describe a situation when someone likes a milk toast cover album over a bands original work. When I hear someone say their versions are better than the originals it also makes me do :eyeroll: . Its something I would have said when I was 15 and I probably did when I heard Elton's Pinball Wizard and some others. I know better now and have for eons... :cheers: though
  • Like 2

I get it but H.A.T.E is a B.I.G word. Disbelief for me is the word I would use to describe a situation when someone likes a milk toast cover album over a bands original work. When I hear someone say their versions are better than the originals it also makes me do :eyeroll: . Its something I would have said when I was 15 and I probably did when I heard Elton's Pinball Wizard and some others. I know better now and have for eons... :cheers: though

Fair enough, but still if I were to count the songs I like from each album, like I said, it would be all for Feedback and like 4 for Signals. Just my opinion.

Edited by AnEggplant
  • Like 1

Narps, I've typed that out and deleted about five times something along the same lines as what you posted - that to vote for Feedback is really an insult to Rush. A vote for Feedback is saying that songs written by other bands are better than songs written by Rush.
  • Like 1

Narps, I've typed that out and deleted about five times something along the same lines as what you posted - that to vote for Feedback is really an insult to Rush. A vote for Feedback is saying that songs written by other bands are better than songs written by Rush.

Guess I am just in a mood today. My fuse gets shorter and shorter for what seems silly to me these days. Its probably just the meds but the sweet ole Narps is slowly leaving the building sadly. I just feel like calling it the way I see it more these days for some reason while still not trying to be mean. Its quite the tightrope indeed. If I start being downright nasty I will pack my bags and go do something else. I am not sure I like what is happening to me but as of now it beats the alternative. *putsawaysoapbox*... :)

I think Rush have written some terrible albums.

Beautifully played as it is, Snakes And Arrows is a dreadfully boring album, and it flows from track to track like a never ending dirge.

Clockwork Angels is about the same.

Feedback is a really fun, jam like covers album, with a sense of spontaneous pleasure and incredibly good instrumentation.

It would be an insult to Rush to pretend everything they did as A+, when this little D grade effort is more enjoyable than a couple of their main albums (in some peoples opinion).

And as for Signals, I do not think it is a great album at all. Not even close.

I like this Egg Plant dude, he seems to know where he stands, I hope he stays.

• Like 1

Fair enough, but still if I were to count the songs I like from each album, like I said, it would be all for Feedback and like 4 for Signals. Just my opinion.

Not really sure why this is such a big deal guys?!

• Like 1

I think Rush have written some terrible albums.

Beautifully played as it is, Snakes And Arrows is a dreadfully boring album, and it flows from track to track like a never ending dirge.

Clockwork Angels is about the same.

Feedback is a really fun, jam like covers album, with a sense of spontaneous pleasure and incredibly good instrumentation.

It would be an insult to Rush to pretend everything they did as A+, when this little D grade effort is more enjoyable than a couple of their main albums (in some peoples opinion).

And as for Signals, I do not think it is a great album at all. Not even close.

I like this Egg Plant dude, he seems to know where he stands, I hope he stays.

I intend to. ;)

• Like 1

Because I have nothing better to do most likely but I can only speak for myself... :)
  • Like 1

Because I have nothing better to do most likely but I can only speak for myself... :)

That is cool, I just sit here and worry everyone is getting a little upset again. Seems a little anti-EggPlant and I can't work out why that is.

That is cool, I just sit here and worry everyone is getting a little upset again. Seems a little anti-EggPlant and I can't work out why that is.

Its never personal at least with me anyway. Its only about reading what I see and reacting to it, or not. Simple... :)
  • Like 2

Where are you when I need defending?

• Like 2

Guess I am just in a mood today. My fuse gets shorter and shorter for what seems silly to me these days. Its probably just the meds but the sweet ole Narps is slowly leaving the building sadly. I just feel like calling it the way I see it more these days for some reason while still not trying to be mean. Its quite the tightrope indeed. If I start being downright nasty I will pack my bags and go do something else. I am not sure I like what is happening to me but as of now it beats the alternative. *putsawaysoapbox*... :)

Narps, it's not your meds - my fuse is shorter too. There's only so much I can take.

Where are you when I need defending?

I tend to avoid these threads until the last couple of days.

Just curious as to whether I had missed anything on EggPlant, that is all.

And I always seek to defend as and when I see unfair trouble. Sorry if I haven't always been there!

Nothing personal, I promise.

I can't believe people get so dramatic about me just liking Feedback more than Signals. I'm sorry if that offends you, I never intended for that to be the case, but things seem to be getting a bit overly dramatic about something as simple and unimportant as an opinion on music.
  • Like 1

I can't believe people get so dramatic about me just liking Feedback more than Signals. I'm sorry if that offends you, I never intended for that to be the case, but things seem to be getting a bit overly dramatic about something as simple and unimportant as an opinion on music.

My advice is don't sweat it. Nobody should be sweating it, regardless of what their opinion is.

Variety is the spice of life, no?

• Like 2

My advice is don't sweat it. Nobody should be sweating it, regardless of what their opinion is.

Variety is the spice of life, no?

:goodone:

• Like 2

Yay for apologies!

We need to get EggPlant his own thread, where he can waffle on his crazies.

Maybe also an anti-EggPlant thread, so we can throw rotten veg his way every time he speaks like a douche!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Yay for apologies!

We need to get EggPlant his own thread, where he can waffle on his crazies.

Maybe also an anti-EggPlant thread, so we can throw rotten veg his way every time he speaks like a douche!

:laughing guy:

• Like 1