Favorite Rush Guilty Pleasure?

Geddy's Soul Patch

I hate Presto. :)

Now, where is your mommy, Segue? She's probably younger than me.

My mum is 64. I was a fantabulous last minute decision.

The best is often saved for the last in life!

The first pancake never comes out right. :huh:

Kind of like the first batch of cookies.

• Like 1

I hate Presto. :)

Now, where is your mommy, Segue? She's probably younger than me.

My mum is 64. I was a fantabulous last minute decision.

The best is often saved for the last in life!

The first pancake never comes out right. :huh:

FU I'm the first born in my family and I turned out JUST FINE

http://media.tumblr.com/b51f391948a98543ca3bfc2685c06920/tumblr_n6p73guBWW1sxqyhyo1_400.gif

I SWEAR

• Like 2

Back on topic.

I have no guilty pleasure for Rush. I have no problem loving the songs or albums that I do that people might bash me for, see Counterparts, Red Lenses, Snakes and Arrows, etc.

Also, The Big Wheel is a Big Stink.

I like these songs despite all the people that dislike them. Like I give a f**k what they think, these are still fine songs.

Anagram (For Mongo)

Spindrift

Hand Over Fist

The Speed of Love

Countdown

Discovery

BU2B

People don't like Discovery???

I dislike Tai Shan as much as everyone else here, but there's one part of it I actually love.

When Geddy sings, "If you raise your hands to heaven/You will live a hundred years." I love the riff Alex plays there. I wish it wasn't wasted on this song in particular.

• Like 1

I dislike Tai Shan as much as everyone else here, but there's one part of it I actually love.

When Geddy sings, "If you raise your hands to heaven/You will live a hundred years." I love the riff Alex plays there. I wish it wasn't wasted on this song in particular.

That part is gorgeous. I really love how Alex waits to resolve that riff until the end of the song. He just knows that everyone's waiting for him to do it, and he knows just when to execute it

That part is gorgeous. I really love how Alex waits to resolve that riff until the end of the song. He just knows that everyone's waiting for him to do it, and he knows just when to execute it

Gorgeous is the perfect word for it. And I love how he plays the song out with it. Just a shame that's it's surrounded by so much fluff.

I don't really believe much in guilty pleasures. I usually own everything I like with no hesitation. Not my problem if people don't like it.

That said, there are some Rush songs I like a lot more than I probably should:

Countdown

Red Lenses

Scars

Hand Over Fist

Everyday Glory

Carve Away the Stone

BU2B

• Like 1

I don't think I have one :eh: I like what I like and I don't care what everyone else thinks.
  • Like 1

Dare I say 'Second Nature'.. I love the lyrics

Dare you not say Second Nature!

Everything about HYF is perfection and to claim otherwise will...oooh cupcakes...

• Like 3

Everything about HYF is perfection and to claim otherwise will...oooh cupcakes...

This is true. I have a few guilty pleasures on HYF. Second Nature, Mission. Since the album isn't considered to be that good, I guess these would be considered guilty pleasures..... :)

Scars a guilty pleasure? Never thought of it as one to be honest but I love Scars...

I've got nothing to hide about which songs I like...it's what it is, I like them or I don't. But anyway, it's a long list but w/e

Chemistry

Countdown

Red Lenses

Second Nature

War Paint

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Everyday Glory

The Color of Right

Totem

Limbo

How It Is

Bravest Face

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 2

Scars a guilty pleasure? Never thought of it as one to be honest but I love Scars...

I've got nothing to hide about which songs I like...it's what it is, I like them or I don't. But anyway, it's a long list but w/e

Chemistry

Countdown

Red Lenses

Second Nature

War Paint

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Everyday Glory

The Color of Right

Totem

Limbo

How It Is

Bravest Face

I used to love Bravest Face. But within a few listens, it had plunged down to my bottom 10 Rush songs...

This is true. I have a few guilty pleasures on HYF. Second Nature, Mission. Since the album isn't considered to be that good, I guess these would be considered guilty pleasures..... :)

second Nature gets overlooked because it kind of plods along but that actually suits the nature of the lyrics.. always loved it :)

In my opinion, I wouldn't consider those guilty pleasures only because Hold Your Fire is my 2nd favorite Rush album! But awesome choices because those songs are awesome! I'm happy you gave the older stuff a listen! :)