2014-2015 Chicago Bears Thread

The Analog Cub

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/grab-a-beer-and-let-s-go-bears-1.png

Bears are bigger and stronger than lions..... :yes:

but slower and dumber

Noooooo..........these bears are smarter than the average bear. In fact, these bears are bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, and meaner than lions.

I certainly hope so. The only way the Bears will have a shot at the playoffs is if we can pull wins from the Lions. GB will take the division again barring something catastrophic like Rodgers getting injured but we still have a chance at wild carding, however slim.

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/28/28080/original/700.jpg

Families Of Bears Players Ask To Have Faces Blurred Out During Thanksgiving Promos

• Like 2

Well, da Bears played pretty well for a while......but it was not to be.

13 net yards rushing (and Calvin Johnson) may have had something to do with it..... :doh:

Tack the Chicago Bears onto the list of "there's always next season" next to the Cubs and Iowa State football.

what happened to our O-line? It looked promising last season. And that defense. I wish we still had the pucking emoticon.

Tack the Chicago Bears onto the list of "there's always next season" next to the Cubs and Iowa State football.

what happened to our O-line? It looked promising last season. And that defense. I wish we still had the pucking emoticon.

I'm not sure about the O-line. I think it's still alright and didn't cause us any problems today, we just couldn't get the points for whatever reasons.

As usual, the defense is pretty awful. They had me fooled for a while in the first quarter, it looked like they were stopping Detroit near perfect. Then they showed their usual colors 2nd quarter and let Detroit run us over.

:(

http://espn.go.com/c...ir-groin-injury

The Chicago Bears placed linebacker Lance Briggs on injured reserve Friday due to a groin injury, and it's likely the 2014 season was his last with the team.

During the team's pregame show on WBBM, Bears general manager said Briggs would be "out for an extended period of time."A 12-year veteran, Briggs suffered a groin injury in the second quarter of the team's Nov. 23 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the ailment kept the linebacker out of Thursday's loss to theDetroit Lions.

A seven-year Pro Bowler with a contract set to expire at the end of the season, Briggs, 34, isn't expecting the Bears to put an offer on the table prior to him hitting free agency.

"It's the last year of my deal. It's not like I'm going to magically show up after this year, and they're going to open the gates up for you," Briggs said Nov. 6. "I've talked to my buddy [former Bears defensive end] Alex Brown. Those gates are closing, you're a free agent. I know the reality of it, and I'm proud of all the years I've had here. It's been great."

Prior to sitting out Thursday's game, Briggs missed three other games this season due to a rib injury.

Briggs currently earns $4.75 million in base salary from a three-year extension he signed in 2012, but likely won't be able to command such a salary to return to the Bears in 2015. Briggs said "I don't know" when asked whether he thinks 2014 will be his last season in the NFL.

Besides, Briggs watched negotiations go awry with former Bears teammate Brian Urlacher, who wasn't re-signed prior to the 2013 season, and subsequently retired.

"I understand it. I understand this is probably my last year as a Chicago Bear," Briggs said. "But for me, I just, I really enjoy my teammates, and it's been unfortunate to watch from the sidelines because I want to see them find success."

Briggs has missed 11 games over the past two seasons, including seven outings last year due to a fractured shoulder.

Briggs contributed 63 tackles, an interception, and a forced fumble to go with two pass breakups and a quarterback pressure in eight starts this season.

Throughout his career with the Bears, Briggs has produced 1,564 tackles, 95.5 tackles for loss, 16 interceptions, 15 sacks, 19 forced fumbles, and seven fumble recoveries in addition to scoring six defensive touchdowns in 170 starts over 173 contests. Briggs' six defensive touchdowns rank as the third most in franchise history. His 170 starts rank as the fifth most in franchise history, trailing Walter Payton (184), Olin Kreutz (183), Urlacher (180) and Mike Singletary (172).

Briggs led the Bears in tackles in five seasons (2004, '08, '09, '11, and '12), and posted 100 tackles or more in nine consecutive seasons from 2004 to '12.

Defense went down the shitter since Urlacher left and losing Briggs makes it so much worse.

At least there's Jared Allen...

Edited by BowlCity

I have a trip to the homeland (Joliet) planned next week to visit family and tickets to the Lions game, I was so looking forward to this earlier in the year ... still going to go and just hope for half way decent weather and not a total massacre. What a crap year, time to clean a lot of house.

I have a trip to the homeland (Joliet) planned next week to visit family and tickets to the Lions game, I was so looking forward to this earlier in the year ... still going to go and just hope for half way decent weather and not a total massacre. What a crap year, time to clean a lot of house.

This may displease you, but all of Packer Nation will be on your side a week from Sunday. We want your Bears to beat dem Lions 56-0!! :ebert: :D

This may displease you, but all of Packer Nation will be on your side a week from Sunday. We want your Bears to beat dem Lions 56-0!! :ebert: :D

Now I hope we lose, disappoint the Packers and get a higher draft pick ... double bonus!:)

• Like 1

Now I hope we lose, disappoint the Packers and get a higher draft pick ... double bonus! :)

Only the Packers-Bears rivalry would cause fans to wish a loss on their own team just to ruin the other team's playoff plans..... :ebert: :ebert:

NFL Realignment? The Bears apply for membership in the NFC South...

SEAN PAYTON: Hear ye, hear ye! This meeting of the Knights of NFC South Futility is now in session! Sergeant-at-Arms, recite the oath!

LOVIE SMITH: We, the teams of the NFC South, do solemnly swear to make a mockery of our automatic playoff berth, disappoint our fans as often as possible and play football each week as if we all just met in the parking lot minutes before kickoff.

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! Our first order of business is an application for admission as an honorary member. Representative, come forth and state the name of your team please.

MARC TRESTMAN: The Chicago Bears.

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! Sir Trestman of the Bears, what makes you worthy of acceptance into the Knights of NFC South Futility?

MARC TRESTMAN: Well, we're 5-8. We get blown out a lot. Everyone in the stadium looks kind of embarrassed for us when we take the field …

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! It takes more than a bad record and some 55-14 losses to become a Knight of NFC South Futility. You must truly fit in to our exclusive brotherhood. Members, interrogate this applicant!

RON RIVERA: Sir Trestman of the Bears, do you have a highly-paid quarterback who goes through vicious slumps and whose every facial expression is analyzed for a lack of competitive fire, like my Panthers?

MARC TRESTMAN: We have Jay Cutler. Even my offensive coordinator trolls him.

(Loud whispers)

SEAN PAYTON: Silence!

LOVIE SMITH: That is all well and good, Sir Trestman of the Bears. But I know your fiefdom well, and disappointing quarterbacks grow on trees there. Has your organization recently spent cement mixers full of money on a massive roster overhaul that completely backfired, like my Buccaneers? Have you reached the point where you can be a three-point underdog to a team whose quarterback was in a major car crash five days ago?

MARC TRESTMAN: We broke the bank on Jared Allen, who has five sacks, and on Lamarr Houston, who injured himself celebrating the sack of a backup quarterback during a four-touchdown blowout loss. Also, we threw more money at Cutler.

(Even louder whispers)

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! We are still deliberating!

MIKE SMITH: What you have said so far is impressive. But do both your defensive and offensive lines fly backward on contact like the shuffleboard bowling pins at a Chuck E Cheese? Do your safeties cover the open field like their shoelaces are tied together? In short, can your Bears meet the standards set by my Falcons?

MARC TRESTMAN: We are still trying to dig Will Sutton out the pit where Zach Martin buried him last Thursday night. Chris Conte was supposed to help me with this presentation, but he got stuck behind the velvet waiting rope at his bank and can't figure a way past it.

(Extremely loud murmurs)

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! You have passed every test so far, Sir Trestman of the Bears. But one remains. Do your Bears look like a playoff team on paper? Is your roster full of well-known talent, coached by an offensive mastermind of great pedigree? Have you had multiple chances to put early season stumbles behind you, yet met every opportunity to turn the corner with confusion and indifference, playing your worst football when it counted most? In short, do you have the awesome, universe-bending power to dishearten not just your own fans, but general NFL fans?

MARC TRESTMAN: If that is the criteria, I challenge you to a duel. I the Bears lose, we gain entry to the NFC South.

SEAN PAYTON: And if you win?

MARC TRESTMAN: We return to the surface world, where 6-8 is not a division-leading record.

SEAN PAYTON: You are wise, Sir Trestman of the Bears. I accept your duel. May the most disappointing team lose! May the game be as ugly as possible. And may the stands be filled with Silence!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2296720-nfl-week-15-picks-the-rise-and-fall-of-the-49ers-empire-also-johnny-manziel

• Like 1

NFL Realignment? The Bears apply for membership in the NFC South...

SEAN PAYTON: Hear ye, hear ye! This meeting of the Knights of NFC South Futility is now in session! Sergeant-at-Arms, recite the oath!

LOVIE SMITH: We, the teams of the NFC South, do solemnly swear to make a mockery of our automatic playoff berth, disappoint our fans as often as possible and play football each week as if we all just met in the parking lot minutes before kickoff.

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! Our first order of business is an application for admission as an honorary member. Representative, come forth and state the name of your team please.

MARC TRESTMAN: The Chicago Bears.

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! Sir Trestman of the Bears, what makes you worthy of acceptance into the Knights of NFC South Futility?

MARC TRESTMAN: Well, we're 5-8. We get blown out a lot. Everyone in the stadium looks kind of embarrassed for us when we take the field …

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! It takes more than a bad record and some 55-14 losses to become a Knight of NFC South Futility. You must truly fit in to our exclusive brotherhood. Members, interrogate this applicant!

RON RIVERA: Sir Trestman of the Bears, do you have a highly-paid quarterback who goes through vicious slumps and whose every facial expression is analyzed for a lack of competitive fire, like my Panthers?

MARC TRESTMAN: We have Jay Cutler. Even my offensive coordinator trolls him.

(Loud whispers)

SEAN PAYTON: Silence!

LOVIE SMITH: That is all well and good, Sir Trestman of the Bears. But I know your fiefdom well, and disappointing quarterbacks grow on trees there. Has your organization recently spent cement mixers full of money on a massive roster overhaul that completely backfired, like my Buccaneers? Have you reached the point where you can be a three-point underdog to a team whose quarterback was in a major car crash five days ago?

MARC TRESTMAN: We broke the bank on Jared Allen, who has five sacks, and on Lamarr Houston, who injured himself celebrating the sack of a backup quarterback during a four-touchdown blowout loss. Also, we threw more money at Cutler.

(Even louder whispers)

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! We are still deliberating!

MIKE SMITH: What you have said so far is impressive. But do both your defensive and offensive lines fly backward on contact like the shuffleboard bowling pins at a Chuck E Cheese? Do your safeties cover the open field like their shoelaces are tied together? In short, can your Bears meet the standards set by my Falcons?

MARC TRESTMAN: We are still trying to dig Will Sutton out the pit where Zach Martin buried him last Thursday night. Chris Conte was supposed to help me with this presentation, but he got stuck behind the velvet waiting rope at his bank and can't figure a way past it.

(Extremely loud murmurs)

SEAN PAYTON: Silence! You have passed every test so far, Sir Trestman of the Bears. But one remains. Do your Bears look like a playoff team on paper? Is your roster full of well-known talent, coached by an offensive mastermind of great pedigree? Have you had multiple chances to put early season stumbles behind you, yet met every opportunity to turn the corner with confusion and indifference, playing your worst football when it counted most? In short, do you have the awesome, universe-bending power to dishearten not just your own fans, but general NFL fans?

MARC TRESTMAN: If that is the criteria, I challenge you to a duel. I the Bears lose, we gain entry to the NFC South.

SEAN PAYTON: And if you win?

MARC TRESTMAN: We return to the surface world, where 6-8 is not a division-leading record.

SEAN PAYTON: You are wise, Sir Trestman of the Bears. I accept your duel. May the most disappointing team lose! May the game be as ugly as possible. And may the stands be filled with Silence!

http://bleacherrepor...-johnny-manziel

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

And some horseshit pop act at halftime at Jerruhworld.

AKA The Deathstar. AKA The Turd on the Turnpike.

LCC looks like you'll get what you (and all of us) want:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/12/16/source-bears-ownership-met-monday-to-discuss-future/

CBS) As scrutiny intensifies and the Bears have taken a downward spiral in a 5-9 season, members of the team’s ownership group met Monday night to discuss the future, 670 The Score’s Dan Bernstein reported Tuesday afternoon.

In what would come as no surprise to anyone, coach Marc Trestman is expected to be fired at season’s end, the source told Bernstein. The fate of general manager Phil Emery — who hired Trestman — remains unclear. His job status is “under discussion,” the source said.

George McCaskey is chairman of the Bears. No members of ownership have spoken publicly as the Bears have submitted one of the most disappointing seasons in franchise history.

There’s much for ownership to consider. Chicago has regressed in Trestman’s second year after going 8-8 in 2013, and tight end Martellus Bennett admitted after a 31-15 loss to the Saints on Monday that some of his teammates are lacking passion.

The latest major drama came last week, when offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer admitted in a tearful apology to the offense that he’d made critical remarks about Jay Cutler to a national reporter. That was viewed as a major breach of trust and showcased the dysfunction in the locker room.