2014-2015 Chicago Bears Thread

The Analog Cub

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/African.field.cricket.arp.jpg/250px-African.field.cricket.arp.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LXX74PaKvi0/TS_XrNMwFTI/AAAAAAAAECE/ZbO-Qont8DU/s1600/nextround%2Bmostinteresting2.jpg

Oh, Cutler. You sad man.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 2

Praying for a great season, even though we're stuck with Cutler for another 6 years...

I don't think da Bears will have Cutler for that entire time. If they get the opportunity to draft a stud QB, they'll do it. If Cutler continues his up and down performances, they may rethink their commitment and cut or trade him. I can't see them keeping Cutler until he's 37 years old..... :no:

Praying for a great season, even though we're stuck with Cutler for another 6 years...

I don't think da Bears will have Cutler for that entire time. If they get the opportunity to draft a stud QB, they'll do it. If Cutler continues his up and down performances, they may rethink their commitment and cut or trade him. I can't see them keeping Cutler until he's 37 years old..... :no:

Perfectly reasonable with Brady, as he's reliable. Cutler blows. I was seriously hoping when he was injured they'd let McCown stay as starter. He did a pretty good job, but there's the age issue. He's older than Cutler.

Perfectly reasonable with Brady, as he's reliable. Cutler blows. I was seriously hoping when he was injured they'd let McCown stay as starter. He did a pretty good job, but there's the age issue. He's older than Cutler.

McCown's carriage is going to turn into a pumpkin this year. He's still a McCown. Oh well, could be worse, you could still have Cade McNown. Did he ever give up his parking space at Halas

Hall?

CHICAGO—Saying that the organization feels compelled to light a fire under its struggling quarterback, Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery told reporters Wednesday that he is hoping to motivate Jay Cutler by offering him even more guaranteed money from his seven-year, $126 million contract. “We’re willing to do whatever it takes to push Jay to improve his performance on the field, so if a guaranteed $54 million isn’t getting the best out of him, then we’ll just have to go up to $70 million,” said Emery, adding that increasing Cutler’s promised earnings will hopefully incentivize the veteran passer to consistently play at the peak of his abilities and eventually lead the team to a Super Bowl. “All options are on the table at this point, whether we need to restructure his current contract or just scrap it altogether and offer a new 10-year deal with $90 million guaranteed. We just want to make sure we’re doing everything in our power to keep Jay focused on his game and driven to succeed.” At press time, sources close to the Bears front office confirmed that the team will be cutting Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Matt Forte, and Jared Allen in order to clear enough cap space for Cutler’s new salary

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bears-gm-hoping-to-motivate-jay-cutler-with-more-g,37314/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

• Like 2

The Chicago Bears have trailed at halftime of their last two games by a combined 73 points, the worst margin in NFL history.

:LOL:

Chicago Bears fans are up in arms over a statement made by Jay Cutler. Except he didn't actually say it. A story published by The Onion, a popular satirical news website, said the quarterback blamed the team's punter for last Sunday's embarrassing 55-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

"It's certainly not an easy thing to say, but at the end of the day, someone has to step up and accept that mistakes were made by our punter, Pat O'Donnell," Cutler was quoted as saying in the fake story. "Going forward, there will have to be some serious adjustments made to our punt unit — when individual players aren't doing their part out there, we're going to fall short as a team. Pat didn't play well, and he needs to accept responsibility for that."

A number of fans, painfully unaware of the article's source, took their displeasure to Twitter.

Cutler says "I'll be the first to admit... We need a new punter" Really jay? Is that what the Bears need????

— Mirra (@mara_ann) November 12, 2014

Jay Cutler says the bears are in desperate need of a new punter. You sir are a special kind of stupid.

— Spatticus Finch (@Donnie_rydz) November 12, 2014

Jay Cutler honestly blamed the punter in the loss? Is this dude serious? Cutler is AWFUL — Ryan Gomes (@SmoothRyan23) November 12, 2014

"I'll be the first person to admit that we need a new punter."-Jay Cutler Yep. That's the face of the franchise for the bears. — Rob (@justwin84) November 12, 2014

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chicago-bears-fans-fall-for-onion-article-satire-blame-qb-jay-cutler-111314?cmpid=tsmfb%3Afscom%3Afoxsports

These are same types of people who fall for it when you say "gullible" is written on the ceiling.

• Like 2

Chicago Bears fans are up in arms over a statement made by Jay Cutler. Except he didn't actually say it. A story published by The Onion, a popular satirical news website, said the quarterback blamed the team's punter for last Sunday's embarrassing 55-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

"It's certainly not an easy thing to say, but at the end of the day, someone has to step up and accept that mistakes were made by our punter, Pat O'Donnell," Cutler was quoted as saying in the fake story. "Going forward, there will have to be some serious adjustments made to our punt unit — when individual players aren't doing their part out there, we're going to fall short as a team. Pat didn't play well, and he needs to accept responsibility for that."

A number of fans, painfully unaware of the article's source, took their displeasure to Twitter.

Cutler says "I'll be the first to admit... We need a new punter" Really jay? Is that what the Bears need????

Jay Cutler says the bears are in desperate need of a new punter. You sir are a special kind of stupid.

Jay Cutler honestly blamed the punter in the loss? Is this dude serious? Cutler is AWFUL — Ryan Gomes (@SmoothRyan23) November 12, 2014

"I'll be the first person to admit that we need a new punter."-Jay Cutler Yep. That's the face of the franchise for the bears. — Rob (@justwin84) November 12, 2014

http://www.foxsports...fscom:foxsports

These are same types of people who fall for it when you say "gullible" is written on the ceiling.

Ho-lee sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :LMAO:

http://www.foxsports...fscom:foxsports

Ho-lee sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :LMAO:

:LMAO:

That last line's gotta hurt...

CHICAGO—In an effort to provide much-needed psychotherapy services and professional support to local Chicago communities, the NFL officially unveiled a new counseling center Thursday for Bears fans struggling to cope with devastating blowouts. “With this new facility, which is open 24 hours a day, fans will be able to come in and talk through feelings of severe depression, anxiety, grief, anger, and hopelessness with our highly trained staff in a supportive, confidential setting,” said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, noting that patients have the option of speaking to therapists one-on-one or joining a group session to help them come to terms with a disastrous Bears performance. “Of course, the center is not just for those suffering in the immediate aftermath of a particularly difficult or traumatic loss. Patients may also receive care when the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, the front office offers a new contract to an underperforming player, or any other such issue arises within the Bears organization that causes significant emotional pain and mental anguish. Our message to depressed or suicidal Bears fans is clear: You are not alone, and help is here.” Aiello went on to say that while the NFL chose to place its flagship counseling center in the city of greatest need, plans are in place to soon open similar facilities in Jacksonville, Oakland, and Tampa Bay.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nfl-opens-counseling-center-to-help-bears-fans-cop,37442/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default&recirc=fantasy-football

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/grab-a-beer-and-let-s-go-bears-1.png

Bears and bigger and stronger than lions..... :yes:

You guys ain't goning anywhere until you shit-can your idiotic head coach.

That's pretty telling, coming from a Cowboys fan.

• Like 1

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/grab-a-beer-and-let-s-go-bears-1.png

Bears are bigger and stronger than lions..... :yes:

but slower and dumber

Noooooo..........these bears are smarter than the average bear. In fact, these bears are bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, and meaner than lions.