Disk98

I'll speak for myself.

I never knew that a singing voice could go, so that is why I have noticed his singing. I used to think - once a singer, always - but apparently I was wrong. Not that a voice is completely lost, but that it changes over the course of decades.

I feel like Geddy basically had the same thing happen to him as Elton John did. It's like his balls finally dropped, his voice was very thin back in the day and it's a lot thicker now, he does struggle to hit notes, but he still hits them and he sounds fine doing it

:goodone:

That's just it,

He makes the best of the situtiation live. The last concert that I attended in Ft.Lauderdale he took a sip of water after every song he sang. I could see that he was doing the best he could. I admit I felt a little sorry for him. But that was because seeing these guys back in the day when it was effortless to sing and play people take it for granted now.

You hit upon the word - effortless. It is no longer effortless.

I'll speak for myself.

I never knew that a singing voice could go, so that is why I have noticed his singing. I used to think - once a singer, always - but apparently I was wrong. Not that a voice is completely lost, but that it changes over the course of decades.

I feel like Geddy basically had the same thing happen to him as Elton John did. It's like his balls finally dropped, his voice was very thin back in the day and it's a lot thicker now, he does struggle to hit notes, but he still hits them and he sounds fine doing it

That's just it,

He makes the best of the situtiation live. The last concert that I attended in Ft.Lauderdale he took a sip of water after every song he sang. I could see that he was doing the best he could. I admit I felt a little sorry for him. But that was because seeing these guys back in the day when it was effortless to sing and play people take it for granted now.

Honestly though, it hasn't been effortless for a loooong time

I'll speak for myself.

That's just it,

It is really apparent now. For all three of them. When I got the CA Tour DVD and popped it in, I was shocked. It was enough to make me want to cry.

I'll speak for myself.

That's just it,

It is really apparent now. For all three of them. When I got the CA Tour DVD and popped it in, I was shocked. It was enough to make me want to cry.

It's not that bad, and they're having a great time. That's good enough for me
  • Like 2

I'll speak for myself.

That's just it,

It's not that bad, and they're having a great time. That's good enough for me

Exactly,

They love what they do. If they didn't, they would have been long gone by now. They are very smart and patient in the way they approach things these days. :rush:

• Like 1

Dammit, why do people complain so much on Geddys voice? He still sounds great!

When I saw them live on Clockwork Angels Tour, Geddy was singing 2112 just great! Do NOT remove 2112 from the setlist! Instead add a few more pieces on the song, I would love to hear Discovery and Presentation!

Dammit, why do people complain so much on Geddys voice? He still sounds great!

When I saw them live on Clockwork Angels Tour, Geddy was singing 2112 just great! Do NOT remove 2112 from the setlist! Instead add a few more pieces on the song, I would love to hear Discovery and Presentation!

Sorry man but no he sounds good not great. Yes,he still puts on a great show but his voice is nowhere near where it used to be. For a long time I didn't want to believe it, and always defended Ged's voice but now it is what it is. Edited by The Big Money
  • Like 1

I'll speak for myself.

That's just it,

All three of them can still play their instruments really well, particularly Geddy. His Bass playing seems to be as good as it's ever been, somehow. Clearly it is hard for them but they seem determined to enjoy themselves these days. It's just a shame about Geddy's voice.

Maybe its time for an all Epics tour:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

The Fountain of Lamneth (Includes Drum Solo#1)

The Enemy Within (Part 1 of Fear)

The Weapon (Part 2 of Fear)

Witch Hunt (Part 3 of Fear)

Freeze (Part 4 of Fear)

Cygnus X-1(Entire)

Hemisphere (Entire)

Set 2:

The Camera Eye

By-Tor and the Snowdog

The Necromancer

Natural Science

YYZ- (Drum Solo#2)

Alex's Acoustic Solo/ La Villa Strangiatto (with acoustic intro)

Xanadu (Entire)

2112 (Entire)

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

2nd Encore:

Close to the Heart (Extended Jam)

Working Man (Entire)

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Edited by losingit2k

Maybe its time for an all Epics tour:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

The Fountain of Lamneth (Includes Drum Solo#1)

The Enemy Within (Part 1 of Fear)

The Weapon (Part 2 of Fear)

Witch Hunt (Part 3 of Fear)

Freeze (Part 4 of Fear)

Cygnus X-1(Entire)

Hemisphere (Entire)

Set 2:

The Camera Eye

By-Tor and the Snowdog

The Necromancer

Natural Science

YYZ- (Drum Solo#2)

Alex's Acoustic Solo/ La Villa Strangiatto (with acoustic intro)

Xanadu (Entire)

2112 (Entire)

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

2nd Encore:

Close to the Heart (Extended Jam)

Working Man (Entire)

:drool: :drool: :drool:

That would be amazing - but it would kill Geddy's voice after 1 gig.

I'll speak for myself.

That's just it,

All three of them can still play their instruments really well, particularly Geddy. His Bass playing seems to be as good as it's ever been, somehow. Clearly it is hard for them but they seem determined to enjoy themselves these days. It's just a shame about Geddy's voice.

No one is saying Geddy can't sing. No one is saying they can no longer play their instruments.

Watch CA. Look at the tension in Alex's neck area. Look at Neil and the tension in his arms and neck when he plays. Both are hunched up. Watch Alex's hands on his guitar. Then pop in Exit...Stage Left, or A Show of Hands, or Grace Under Pressure.

I'll speak for myself.

Oh elton is shot to hell......very sad.

Mick

I'll speak for myself.

Mick

I lost interest in him when Bernie Taupan left him. What happened to Elton?

I'll speak for myself.

Mick

I lost interest in him when Bernie Taupan left him. What happened to Elton?

He's back with Bernie for a while now. He's live voice is shot.....but he has been putting out great records. Check out Songs from the West coast.

Mick