POLL: Rush Ladies, what is your opinion on dating rich guys?

Okay, Rush Ladies, what is your opinion on dating rich guys?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Just one choice...

• Definitely, as long as they agree to give me a big ring, a huge wedding, etc. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
    • I don't know, is he cute? Is he good in bed? Because that's all I'm really looking for.
    • I sincerely believe that the distribution of wealth in this world is still trapped within an unfair social conspiracy that is perpetrated directly by the white male patriarchy as a tool to oppress and enslave women. Die, phallus bearer, die!
    • Yes, but only because I love a big, strong, rich man who works hard. You know, like Christian Grey.
    • I gave up on men some time ago, so I don't have to answer this stupid question.
    • I'm one of the guys and I'm lurking. Whoever chooses the second one, please call me.

Are you pulling my leg?

Not at all.

http://www.beverlyhillssurgical.com

"Lastly, the use of a penis stretching device following the surgery is necessary to achieve the best possible results from penis lengthening surgery. "

Don't worry, there aren't any graphic pictures. :LOL:

Sure there are! http://www.beverlyhi....com/page27.htm Of course the two people shown there didn't need any lengthening surgery; they were fine before.

Not clicking but appreciate the research.... :D

You're a wuss. There's no blood. :LOL:

I think I admitted to being a wuss the other day and I stand by that.... :LOL: Breast implant surgery is gross to watch also....

This is just a before and after comparison.

They don't show the "penis stretching device" in action or even not in action?.... :eh:

"penis stretching device"...isn't that a hand?

I'm going to get really personal in my reply here to show others that not all women in Westernized society will marry with money as a main motivator.

The wealthiest man I dated was also the most violent and sick in the mind. Our relationship was very unlikely, and at the time I mistook his pushiness and urgency as a real interest in getting to know me. I thought he cared.

Noooooo. Not really. He didn't care about me at all. He got increasingly violent and frightening. I politely told him to leave me alone- that was not listened to....He stalked me for a few months before a job transfer took him far away from me.

I really lucked out in that situation. Even with all the drama, many women have experienced far worse from standing up to a rich, violent and aggressive man. I got away from that creep. I later learned that a LOT of wealthy abusers use money to either cover up abuse, or get away with it. They often hand pick poorer partners with the fact in mind that keeping financial leverage is useful to getting out of a situation that "looks bad."

I nearly married wealth - the son of a former NYSE president. We were compatible in just about every way except the big one: children. He very definitely wanted them and I even more definitely did NOT want them. That's a rather big deal; you can compromise on the toilet paper roll over/under thing, but not on kids.

We are still in touch and he is very happily married with a beautiful daughter. :)

I am very happily married to a man who isn't "wealthy" by the standards OP is probably considering, but he works hard and is a good husband and companion. (He'd always assumed he'd have kids, but knew that was off the table as I'd had my tubes tied by then. Now he says, "thank God you never wanted children!")

Holy shit....did I really say that, so recently, about my now ex-husband? 2014 was when I really started to come to terms with my shitty marriage and that triggered a horrific depressive episode.

I was miserable, knew the marriage was a mistake as I was walking down the aisle. But no one ever wants to admit they've made that big of a mistake. Wealthy? Heh, he'll be lucky if he doesn't spend his last years living under an overpass. I don't hate him and accept my part in it, but it was 14 years I wish I had to do over again. No sex after the honeymoon (which was actually OK by me as I was on Lexapro for much of our married life - it's a libido killer. Plus he was lousy at it. People, if it's no good BEFORE the marriage, a trip to the altar won't magically improve things). The man is incapable of holding a job. And when he has one, he can't manage money. I am almost finished paying off 9 years' worth of back taxes....the one thing I trusted him with, filing our taxes, he screwed up royally. Never filed his 1099s so we got nailed with a crapton of penalties and interest. It's in the divorce decree that he's supposed to Paypal me 50% of the monthly payments by the 5th of each month. Divorce was final in 2016 and I think I might have received a total of $200.

I still get his mail occasionally and he has pawned his car title. To a 2006 Hyundai Elantra....yeah.

But he is off my payroll now, I am living with an absolutely wonderful man whose only complaint about me is that I am a very active sleeper (it's bad, lol, we may have to start sleeping apart for the first 3 or 4 hours each night until I settle down). He's mostly retired - does stained and leaded glass repair and restoration and works about as much as he wants to. We're comfortable, not wealthy by any stretch, but not lacking.

Since this is the womens' forum, I will also somewhat smugly drop just one word: MASSIVE!

Edited by Mara
  • Like 3

When you're young, all that money and bling seems like it's all you need to have to be happy.

Frankly, I pity anyone who thinks like that, at any age.

Yeah, the more well off you are, the less you have to worry about paying the bills, and having some nice things. But money has it's own problems, and does not necessarily make one happier or more secure in themselves.

In fact, I am finding - in my early 50's that happiness brings happiness. It's about having the right people around, and doing things that bring value and enrichment, as we define it for ourselves.

• Like 4

When you're young, all that money and bling seems like it's all you need to have to be happy.

Frankly, I pity anyone who thinks like that, at any age.

Yeah, the more well off you are, the less you have to worry about paying the bills, and having some nice things. But money has it's own problems, and does not necessarily make one happier or more secure in themselves.

In fact, I am finding - in my early 50's that happiness brings happiness. It's about having the right people around, and doing things that bring value and enrichment, as we define it for ourselves.

Everything in bold...yes times a hundred million billion.

• Like 2