POLL: Rush Ladies, what is your opinion on dating rich guys?

Okay, Rush Ladies, what is your opinion on dating rich guys?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Just one choice...

• Definitely, as long as they agree to give me a big ring, a huge wedding, etc. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
    • I don't know, is he cute? Is he good in bed? Because that's all I'm really looking for.
    • I sincerely believe that the distribution of wealth in this world is still trapped within an unfair social conspiracy that is perpetrated directly by the white male patriarchy as a tool to oppress and enslave women. Die, phallus bearer, die!
    • Yes, but only because I love a big, strong, rich man who works hard. You know, like Christian Grey.
    • I gave up on men some time ago, so I don't have to answer this stupid question.
    • I'm one of the guys and I'm lurking. Whoever chooses the second one, please call me.

What if one has dated rich guys but has/had no interest whatsoever in diamonds, jewelry, fancy weddings, etc.?

Okay, so maybe I've become an angry descendant of Consumer America who's waiting patiently for people to sneak in and screw up in front of everybody. Anyone else?

I nearly married wealth - the son of a former NYSE president. We were compatible in just about every way except the big one: children. He very definitely wanted them and I even more definitely did NOT want them. That's a rather big deal; you can compromise on the toilet paper roll over/under thing, but not on kids.

We are still in touch and he is very happily married with a beautiful daughter. :)

I am very happily married to a man who isn't "wealthy" by the standards OP is probably considering, but he works hard and is a good husband and companion. (He'd always assumed he'd have kids, but knew that was off the table as I'd had my tubes tied by then. Now he says, "thank God you never wanted children!")

• Like 1

It kind of depends on whether someone has inherited their money or have made it themselves. Most people who are rich and have worked for it, their career is their lives and they don't necessarily have time for anything else. So a lot of it would depend on how they got their wealth and what kind of person they are.

Money is the cause of almost as much hatred and murder in the world as religion. It's powerful for all the wrong reasons and none of the right ones. What would the world be like if grass was currency? I know, void of lawns.

As a man of above average means (I am not "wealthy" by any stretch, but I am thankful that I am quite comfortable) trust me... I can spot a gold digger the moment they say hello. Most of us with a decent charitable portfolio and savings account can. Most of us avoid these women like the plague. I go so far as to drive a vehicle that, while nice, is well below what I can afford solely to avoid any unwanted attention. Even those who earn decent coin still want some meaning in their life, particularly their relationships. Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

Just an attempt at humor, WATT I'm married.

But if you weren't married, you would catch my attention, my dear lady. Smart? Check. Funny? Check. Rush fan? Check,

The man has great taste you gotta give him that..... :cheers:
  • Like 1

As a man of above average means (I am not "wealthy" by any stretch, but I am thankful that I am quite comfortable) trust me... I can spot a gold digger the moment they say hello. Most of us with a decent charitable portfolio and savings account can. Most of us avoid these women like the plague. I go so far as to drive a vehicle that, while nice, is well below what I can afford solely to avoid any unwanted attention. Even those who earn decent coin still want some meaning in their life, particularly their relationships.

A lot of men want trophy wives. These couples, like the gold diggers you mentioned, are painfully easy to spot.

Why couldn't I be rich instead of well hung. :(

Some things money just cannot buy.

Not according to the late night infomercials. :LOL:

:laughing guy:
  • Like 1

Why couldn't I be rich instead of well hung. :(

Some things money just cannot buy.

Not according to the late night infomercials. :LOL:

Any man that would fall for that deserves to be taken. What could any man do to make it more, er...... how shall I put this?, adequate? :)