YYZ vs La Villa Strangiato

Bigbobby10

YYZ vs La Villa Strangiato  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better YYZ or La Villa Strangiato

• YYZ
    • La Villa Strangiato

YYZ is rousing and fun, but La Villa is an anfractuous journey spanning curiosity, thoughtfulness, unease and determination, and finishing at exuberance. As much as I love YYZ (and proudly display it on my licence plate!), it's not a hard choice for me at all.

I agree that LVS is just a better song.

Too bad it's not a song ;)

• Like 1

I proudly present myself as one of those stubborn few Rush fans who found Hemispheres to be a little less impressive than he had expected on first listen, and though it's awesome, there's just something kind of...monotonous about it in places. Maybe it's just too perfect for my favoritism. :P

At any rate, as awesome as La Villa is (I'm listening to it now actually), YYZ for me, any day of the week.

• Like 1

Apples and oranges

..One's sharp and tangy, the other is smooth and mellow ;)

• Like 1

It's gonna take thousand years of mankind evolution to top La Villa Strangiato

Odd. Even Rush topped this track.

• Like 1

I dont remember what I voted on when this thread was made... but now Im voting for La Villa Strangiato... the best instrumental song ever made!

If you voted already then you can't vote again now.....can you?

Yes I can... I just remove my vote and vote again.

I dont remember what I voted on when this thread was made... but now Im voting for La Villa Strangiato... the best instrumental song ever made!

If you voted already then you can't vote again now.....can you?

Yes I can... I just remove my vote and vote again.

Ah ok, didn't know we could do that.

So we can remove our vote without actually knowing how we voted previously then vote AGAIN for the same thing we just deleted?! Sounds nuts.

I proudly present myself as one of those stubborn few Rush fans who found Hemispheres to be a little less impressive than he had expected on first listen, and though it's awesome, there's just something kind of...monotonous about it in places. Maybe it's just too perfect for my favoritism. :P

At any rate, as awesome as La Villa is (I'm listening to it now actually), YYZ for me, any day of the week.

What's your pick now, in 2020?

La Villa Strangiato is a sublimely crafted piece of timeless musical artistry. As instrumentals go, there is no match.

YYZ was a well crafted fun instrumental...still is in studio form. Loved it until (UNTIL!!) people started singing to it in any and every live version from Rio on. That whoawhoawhoa whoawhoawhoawhoa...SHUT THE f**k UP, PEOPLE!! IT'S A GODDAMN INSTUMENTAL!!

And yes, I'm still mad about that.

:wtf:

• Like 1

La Villa Strangiato is a sublimely crafted piece of timeless musical artistry. As instrumentals go, there is no match.

YYZ was a well crafted fun instrumental...still is in studio form. Loved it until (UNTIL!!) people started singing to it in any and every live version from Rio on. That whoawhoawhoa whoawhoawhoawhoa...SHUT THE f**k UP, PEOPLE!! IT'S A GODDAMN INSTUMENTAL!!

And yes, I'm still mad about that.

:wtf:

:rfl: I saw Lynyrd Skynryd once and people were singing the guitar solo.
  • Like 2