Most Overrated Rush Song

savagegrace26

Most Overrated Rush Song  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which song in your opinion gets more praise than it desreves (among hardcore Rush fans)?

• Working Man
    • By-Tor and the Snowdog
    • The Fountain of Lamneth
    • Xanadu
    • Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres
    • La Villa Strangiato
    • The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Natural Science
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Subdivisions
    • Between the Wheels
    • Marathon
    • Time Stand Still
    • The Pass
    • Available Light
    • Dreamline
    • Animate
    • Driven
    • Secret Touch
    • Far Cry
    • Headlong Flight
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • The Analog Kid
    • Red Sector A
    • The Trees
    • Other (specify)
    • Bravado
    • Ghost of a Chance
    • The Garden

2112? Really?

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

2112 is neither over or underrated. It's praise is perfect. Hemispheres is the one that people need to stop telling others to add to their favorite songs list. People really like to cram that song down peoples thraots. I'm changing my vote.

Other. Snakes & Arrows in general.......

Really? That album is maligned is criticized by many fans. Do you understand what being "overrated" means? I'm saying that in a very charming way. Snakes & Arrows is anything but overrated.

Really? That album is maligned is criticized by many fans. Do you understand what being "overrated" means? I'm saying that in a very charming way. Snakes & Arrows is anything but overrated.

Suit yourself. Vapor Trails then.......

Maybe...some people like that album a little too much because it "rocks"...but it's mostly younger fans who haven't had much life experience yet.

This is SOOOO easy just from reading this board!

The songs that receive the MOST undue and hyperbolic unjust praise are CLEARLY:

1) AVAILABLE SH*T

2) BRAVADO

3) PISSTO

4) THE GARDEN

And "The Garden" isn't even remotely BAD!!! It's actually quite a nice song with a great guitar solo...but it is nowhere NEAR the masterpiece some here make it out to be...with all the dooshtalk about crying during it and crap. Man the hell up and stop the group-think. It literally makes me want to stab my 3rd left toe with a dull spoon (one of those 70's tourist souvenir spoons from an old attraction such as "Silver Springs, Florida" or "See Rock City" that older people have hanging on their kitchen walls).

The other three are self-explanatory; no other combination of three songs together provoke the unrepentant urge to give oneself a colostomy at home with one of those souvenir spoons quite as much as the trifecta whoops I mean shitfesta that is "Available Sh*t," Bravado," and "Pissto."

• Like 1

Almost wrote in Bravado, but voted for 2112.

Also, Ghost of a Chance has my favorite Rush lyrics and is generally gorgeous. My favorite Rush song of the '90s.

I was just thinking about adding Bravado. It does get much more praise than Ghost of a Chance. I guess it's too late now.

I do love Bravado myself (live) but i'm trying to be objective about what songs I added.

This thread is proving my point about Ghost Of A Chance. Decent song, but very overrated.

One person saying it's their favorite song from the 90's is "proof"?...eh...

And another person defending it. Really, look at the "Ghost of a Chance 2015" thread in OTLS...

I have and there were plenty of people saying they don't want it played again. I am defending it's overratedness not it's greatness. Dreamline and Bravado are easily more praised.

Well even outside of just that thread, there's been plenty of people who love Ghost of a Chance and are vocal about it. It would certainly deserve to be an option in hindsight.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

Maybe...some people like that album a little too much because it "rocks"...but it's mostly younger fans who haven't had much life experience yet.

"..but it's mostly younger fans who haven't had much life experience yet." That's not what I've observed, at least not on this forum. It tends to be the other way around from what I've seen. For my part, I don't think VT is good because it "rocks," it's because it has a sort-of post-punk feel to it that is lacking in about any other Rush album -- not a lame attempt at "alt" rock or anything like that, but an approach less in line with traditional rock than their other heavier albums. Not intending to start an argument over the definitions of post-punk and "traditional" rock, but VT clearly broke the mold of what they had been doing; for the better for my tastes. We're not going to agree obviously; you think Secret Touch is a mess whereas I think it is a really fantastic song, and not simply because "it rocks."

• Like 3

"..but it's mostly younger fans who haven't had much life experience yet." That's not what I've observed, at least not on this forum. It tends to be the other way around from what I've seen. For my part, I don't think VT is good because it "rocks," it's because it has a sort-of post-punk feel to it that is lacking in about any other Rush album -- not a lame attempt at "alt" rock or anything like that, but an approach less in line with traditional rock than their other heavier albums. Not intending to start an argument over the definitions of post-punk and "traditional" rock, but VT clearly broke the mold of what they had been doing; for the better for my tastes. We're not going to agree obviously; you think Secret Touch is a mess whereas I think it is a really fantastic song, and not simply because "it rocks."

Narpski says he has a sarcasm detector. Maybe you can ask to borrow it....