Most Overrated Rush Song

savagegrace26

Most Overrated Rush Song  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which song in your opinion gets more praise than it desreves (among hardcore Rush fans)?

• Working Man
    • By-Tor and the Snowdog
    • The Fountain of Lamneth
    • Xanadu
    • Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres
    • La Villa Strangiato
    • The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Natural Science
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Subdivisions
    • Between the Wheels
    • Marathon
    • Time Stand Still
    • The Pass
    • Available Light
    • Dreamline
    • Animate
    • Driven
    • Secret Touch
    • Far Cry
    • Headlong Flight
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • The Analog Kid
    • Red Sector A
    • The Trees
    • Other (specify)
    • Bravado
    • Ghost of a Chance
    • The Garden

I'd like too retract several statements i've ever made about a certain song......this is in all seriousness.

I'm sorry......truly sorry about anything i ever said about Hemispheres. It clicked last night. I've listened to it several times. And it rocks. I humbly apologize.

That is all.

Mick

You better stop hanging around with Segue. His vacillation appears to be a catchy germ.

• Like 1

Xanadu...hands down

You ought to be banned from the forum for that.

lol. No don't get used to that with me.....it won't be happening often. i just don't work that way. this is a rare case, lol

Mick

I'd like too retract several statements i've ever made about a certain song......this is in all seriousness.

I'm sorry......truly sorry about anything i ever said about Hemispheres. It clicked last night. I've listened to it several times. And it rocks. I humbly apologize.

That is all.

Mick

You better stop hanging around with Segue. His vacillation appears to be a catchy germ.

whoops that last quote was supposed to be for you, lol my mistake.

Mick

I voted for Driven.

I've made it clear how much I (inexplicably) love Test For Echo, and it's always been funny to me that whenever I read someone comment on it, I've seen them say, "Aside from Driven there isn't much good on there" more times than I could count. It has to be one of my least favorite songs on the album. I don't get it.

I voted for Driven.

I've made it clear how much I (inexplicably) love Test For Echo, and it's always been funny to me that whenever I read someone comment on it, I've seen them say, "Aside from Driven there isn't much good on there" more times than I could count. It has to be one of my least favorite songs on the album. I don't get it.

I think Driven's a great song but what annoys me most is that people bash on Test For Echo solely because of lyrics. I think people are putting too much emphasis on some words in a song and not putting ENOUGH emphasis on the actual music. To me lyrics ultimately don't matter.

• Like 1

That is all.

Mick

All is forgiven. :hug2:

• Like 1

Mick, what changed your mind? This is rather...sudden.

I honestly don't know. Could have been the time of night. It could have been the headphones. but every aspect of it suddenly clicked. and as i've said i've done multiple listens and it's no fluke. I don't just switch like that. so this is rare. I'm just not built that way. Lol. but this just works now.

Mick

• Like 1

Other - WITCH HUNT!

Blah blah great lyrics blah blah so profound and truthful blah blah, but what a boring dirge that song is!

It's the mood that Witch Hunt creates for me. That ominous, eerie feel and the lyrics aren't so much true or meaningful for me (although they are) as much as they paint such a vivid picture. Music doesn't always have to make me happy or sad to be cool. Sometimes it can creep me out a little and be cool. :D

• Like 1

He's 13 years old. What does a kid know?

...so am I :rage:

Are you really? I'm old enough to be your great grandmother.

Great grandmother... :outtahere:

Well, grandmother at least! Great grandmother is a bit over the top. Grandmother more realistic. I bet his real grandmother is younger than me.

• Like 1

I voted for Driven.

I think Driven's a great song but what annoys me most is that people bash on Test For Echo solely because of lyrics. I think people are putting too much emphasis on some words in a song and not putting ENOUGH emphasis on the actual music. To me lyrics ultimately don't matter.

I agree with this. And it isn't Driven's lyrics that bother me. I actually think they're alright. The music is uninteresting to me. Not entirely sure why that is.

I voted for Driven.

Well, I can ignore the lyrics if the music is good... But on T4E, only 4 or 5 tracks are that way. The others, especially Half The World, The Color Of Right, and Carve Away The Stone, don't really keep my interest. The only exceptions are the title track, Driven, Time and Motion, and the verses to Virtuality, Totem, and Dog Years... Nothing else holds my interest for very long.

Edited by len(songs)

That is all.

Mick

Just you wait Lorraine...I will have you swinging from your panties in a Toto loving frenzy!

• Like 1

That is all.

Mick

Just you wait Lorraine...I will have you swinging from your panties in a Toto loving frenzy!

:yes:

That is all.

Mick

"HOLD THE LINE!"

• Like 1

One other word: Hemispheres.

Just because you don't dig it doesn't make it "overrated", it's still a wonderfully crafted piece of music with incredible musicianship and interesting lyrical content. It deserves every bit of praise that it gets
  • Like 5

That is all.

Mick

"HOLD THE LINE!"

I can't turn off that Toto swill in time! No no no! :P :huh: