Most Overrated Rush Song

savagegrace26

Most Overrated Rush Song  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which song in your opinion gets more praise than it desreves (among hardcore Rush fans)?

• Working Man
    • By-Tor and the Snowdog
    • The Fountain of Lamneth
    • Xanadu
    • Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres
    • La Villa Strangiato
    • The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Natural Science
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Subdivisions
    • Between the Wheels
    • Marathon
    • Time Stand Still
    • The Pass
    • Available Light
    • Dreamline
    • Animate
    • Driven
    • Secret Touch
    • Far Cry
    • Headlong Flight
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • The Analog Kid
    • Red Sector A
    • The Trees
    • Other (specify)
    • Bravado
    • Ghost of a Chance
    • The Garden

Hemispheres can take care of itself. It is a crushing, glorious, devastating thing of beauty (especially in red).

But it will never have to as long as I'm still breathing. :madra:

Long live Hemispheres!!! And don't ever let circumstances stop you from lolling away the summer days sitting under the trees at the La Villa Strangiato where all the cool folks meet.

Pretty clever, don't you think? :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Other. Snakes & Arrows in general.......

Really? That album is maligned is criticized by many fans. Do you understand what being "overrated" means? I'm saying that in a very charming way. Snakes & Arrows is anything but overrated.

Suit yourself. Vapor Trails then.......

Maybe...some people like that album a little too much because it "rocks"...but it's mostly younger fans who haven't had much life experience yet.

"..but it's mostly younger fans who haven't had much life experience yet." That's not what I've observed, at least not on this forum. It tends to be the other way around from what I've seen. For my part, I don't think VT is good because it "rocks," it's because it has a sort-of post-punk feel to it that is lacking in about any other Rush album -- not a lame attempt at "alt" rock or anything like that, but an approach less in line with traditional rock than their other heavier albums. Not intending to start an argument over the definitions of post-punk and "traditional" rock, but VT clearly broke the mold of what they had been doing; for the better for my tastes. We're not going to agree obviously; you think Secret Touch is a mess whereas I think it is a really fantastic song, and not simply because "it rocks."

Narpski says he has a sarcasm detector. Maybe you can ask to borrow it....

Eh, good one. Sarcasm has a target and a message, I don't see either, unless you think you're going after Narpski for something or another. I think you confuse sarcasm with being tongue in cheek.

For the record I don't have a sarcasm/tongue in cheek detector. For me personally if I don't see anything e.g. smiley face with the post then I have no reason to believe it isn't serious. Some folks I know pretty well by now and know when they are teasing but some I don't. Use you symbols folks if you want no confusion. That is all....... :)

Well giving away that it's sarcasm kind of defeats the purpose of sarcasm....

You can get those detectors for pretty cheap on craigslist.

The Garden

Which is odd because it is also their worst song, ever, too. How can such a bad a bad song rise to the level of even being a little overrated?

Probably because it's not a bad song and that there a enough people here to understand this.

• Like 2

Hemispheres can take care of itself. It is a crushing, glorious, devastating thing of beauty (especially in red).

But it will never have to as long as I'm still breathing. :madra:

Long live Hemispheres!!! And don't ever let circumstances stop you from lolling away the summer days sitting under the trees at the La Villa Strangiato where all the cool folks meet.

Pretty clever, don't you think? :)

Circumstances like wolves and cold starvation . . .

The Garden

Which is odd because it is also their worst song, ever, too. How can such a bad a bad song rise to the level of even being a little overrated?

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/now-look-you-little-bastardif-you-cry-when-the-garden-comes-on-im-doing-a-post-vag-abortion-on-you-with-an-old-rusty-wire-hanger-943a2.png

• Like 1

Since we appear to have an abundance of Hemispheres ambassadors, why aren't you defending the album's honor??? Kenny has been working himself to the bone. :madra: :madra: :madra:

People will think what they want to think. There's not a lot of point in beating them over the head with it. Stupid is as stupid does. :LOL:

• Like 1

"Well giving away that it's sarcasm kind of defeats the purpose of sarcasm....

You can get those detectors for pretty cheap on craigslist. "

Yes, but they have to be calibrated to be of any use.

Since we appear to have an abundance of Hemispheres ambassadors, why aren't you defending the album's honor??? Kenny has been working himself to the bone. :madra: :madra: :madra:

People will think what they want to think. There's not a lot of point in beating them over the head with it. Stupid is as stupid does. :LOL:

That's not the attitude of an ambassador. Much like the Spanish Inquisition, I will torture them and force feed them until they agree with me. :madra:

Wait, the Inquisition was a success... right? :huh:

That's not the attitude of an ambassador. Much like the Spanish Inquisition, I will torture them and force feed them until they agree with me. :madra:

So the attitude of an ambassador is to post a bunch of fainting gifs? I must've missed that memo. :LOL:

• Like 1

Other. Snakes & Arrows in general.......

Really? That album is maligned is criticized by many fans. Do you understand what being "overrated" means? I'm saying that in a very charming way. Snakes & Arrows is anything but overrated.

Suit yourself. Vapor Trails then.......

Maybe...some people like that album a little too much because it "rocks"...but it's mostly younger fans who haven't had much life experience yet.

:boo hiss:

Voted for The Garden, but CA is incredibly overrated as a whole.

Also pretty much any Counterparts song since that album is also much overrated.

• Like 2

So the attitude of an ambassador is to post a bunch of fainting gifs? I must've missed that memo. :LOL:

The fainting gifs are just funny. I've done considerably more than that for my Hemispheres album.

• Like 1

Xanadu...hands down

You mean like this? :notworthy:

I agree!

That's the only possible meaning
  • Like 3

I'd like too retract several statements i've ever made about a certain song......this is in all seriousness.

I'm sorry......truly sorry about anything i ever said about Hemispheres. It clicked last night. I've listened to it several times. And it rocks. I humbly apologize.

That is all.

Mick

• Like 7