Most Overrated Rush Song

savagegrace26

Most Overrated Rush Song  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which song in your opinion gets more praise than it desreves (among hardcore Rush fans)?

• Working Man
    • By-Tor and the Snowdog
    • The Fountain of Lamneth
    • Xanadu
    • Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres
    • La Villa Strangiato
    • The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Natural Science
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Subdivisions
    • Between the Wheels
    • Marathon
    • Time Stand Still
    • The Pass
    • Available Light
    • Dreamline
    • Animate
    • Driven
    • Secret Touch
    • Far Cry
    • Headlong Flight
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • The Analog Kid
    • Red Sector A
    • The Trees
    • Other (specify)
    • Bravado
    • Ghost of a Chance
    • The Garden

Where the f is Ghost of a Chance?

I don't know. It isn't THAT praised is it?

See ---> "Other (specify)"

That's what I voted. And it seems like most people do like the song... I'm completely indifferent to it though. Nice solo, but what else is there?

Where the f is Ghost of a Chance?

I don't know. It isn't THAT praised is it?

See ---> "Other (specify)"

That's what I voted. And it seems like most people do like the song... I'm completely indifferent to it though. Nice solo, but what else is there?

Good lyrics, nice melody, good chorus, good verses with good accompanying music. And of course the beautiful solo. All together a well written and composed song that has effective meaning and emotion. Actually I think it might be a little underrated.

• Like 2

I haven't voted yet. My initial reason for making this poll is that I was going to vote for Hemispheres. But then The Camera Eye keeps jumping out at me. Then I thought of Secret Touch. I see way too much praise for this mostly disjointed and incoherent mess. I'm going to have to think about this....

Half the world is overrated by everyone who doesn't put it last.

Very true. My rating system is:

10- Personal favorite (i.e. Hemispheres)

9- Essential song (i.e. Limelight)

8- Standout (i.e. Force Ten)

7- Good song, not great (i.e. Presto)

6- Decent song (i.e. Best I Can)

5- Filler, but not too bad (i.e. War Paint)

4- Possible skipper (i.e. Tai'Shan)

3- Definite skipper (i.e. Neutotica)

2- Shouldn't exist (i.e. You Bet Your Life)

1- The lowest of lows (i.e. Bravest Face)

0- Half The World

It's even more fun if you treat it as a log scale.

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 1

Half the world is overrated by everyone who doesn't put it last.

Very true. My rating system is:

10- Personal favorite (i.e. Hemispheres)

9- Essential song

8- Standout

7- Good song, not great

6- Decent song

5- Filler, but not bad

4- Possible skipper

3- Definite skipper

2- Shouldn't exist

1- The lowest of lows

0- Half The World

It's even more fun if you treat it as a log scale.

I don't like Half the World either but there are several songs less listenable than that, Secret Touch being one of them. Actually the more I think I about it the more I think Secret Touch might be the worst Rush song in comparison for the praise it gets.

Edited by savagegrace26

Time Stand Still is up there too. It's usually gets the most votes as the best song on Hold Your Fire. Come on. It's a good song but not THAT good. It' might be the least interesting song on Hold Your Fire (that does not mean it's bad or "lesser" than Tai Shan). Edited by savagegrace26

Almost wrote in Bravado, but voted for 2112.

Also, Ghost of a Chance has my favorite Rush lyrics and is generally gorgeous. My favorite Rush song of the '90s.

I was just thinking about adding Bravado. It does get much more praise than Ghost of a Chance. I guess it's too late now.

I do love Bravado myself (live) but i'm trying to be objective about what songs I added.

Edited by savagegrace26

Also, Ghost of a Chance has my favorite Rush lyrics and is generally gorgeous. My favorite Rush song of the '90s.

I was just thinking about adding Bravado. It does get much more praise than Ghost of a Chance. I guess it's too late now.

I do love Bravado myself (live) but i'm trying to be objective about what songs I added.

This thread is proving my point about Ghost Of A Chance. Decent song, but very overrated.

This thread is proving my point about Ghost Of A Chance. Decent song, but very overrated.

One person saying it's their favorite song from the 90's is "proof"?...eh...

And another person defending it. Really, look at the "Ghost of a Chance 2015" thread in OTLS...

• Like 1

And another person defending it. Really, look at the "Ghost of a Chance 2015" thread in OTLS...

I have and there were plenty of people saying they don't want it played again. I am defending it's overratedness not it's greatness. Dreamline and Bravado are easily more praised.

I have and there were plenty of people saying they don't want it played again. I am defending it's overratedness not it's greatness. Dreamline and Bravado are easily more praised.

Dreamlike :yes:

Bravado :no: Sharknado is more entertaining.

Dreamlike :yes:

Bravado :no: Sharknado is more entertaining.

I am saying that Dreamline and Bravado get a lot of praise (which they do) not saying that I agree with that praise.

Here is some hard evidence:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/83-best-song-from-roll-the-bones/